Manchester Twp. distribution center proposal held up over traff...

Full story: The York Daily Record

It was standing room only as about 60 residents gathered Wednesday evening to hear discussion about a proposed 708,000-square-foot distribution center in Manchester Township.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
We want

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 24, 2010
 
What a laugher. First it was Harley holding PA hostage until Fast Eddie kicked in the big bucks. Now it is the township supervisors holding the distribution company hostage. Until they promise: widening of roads, traffic lights, storm drains, a township airport and a new outside $hitter for the Weir family. Matter of time till it is approved. Just ask Harley! On the other hand, let us turn down as many jobs as we posssibly can in York Co.
mikepaul

Weslaco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 24, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

look at how harley screwed 30 they added red lights and disturbed traffic flow why not do it again.
BURGOS

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 24, 2010
 
To all the residents I have a great idea, lets push all businesses out of the area then we can complain about the lack of jobs. Then everyone will win because we will all have a reason to complain. Who's with me?
Just_Me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

mikepaul wrote:
look at how harley screwed 30 they added red lights and disturbed traffic flow why not do it again.
You're such an ignorant putz...

Harley did NOT add a traffic light. The Eden Rd. light was moved to a new location.

That light is not solely for Harley's benefit. There are businesses on the south side of Rt. 30 which make use of that intersection.
4REAL1

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

I guess everybody in that area is making good money and have jobs so who cares about the opportunity for more employment.
LOL selfish people the norm these days I am not at all surprised. What ever happened to dealing with the small issues for the greater good of all???
YDR Watcher

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I am for the building & jobs, but the traffic is certainly an issue. Eventually the west side of 83 will be as bad as Board Rd & Church @ 83. Why don't they have the developer pay for / install a new interchange at Canal & 83 at the end of Bear Road?
Bill

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 25, 2010
 
mikepaul wrote:
look at how harley screwed 30 they added red lights and disturbed traffic flow why not do it again.
Hey DUMBASS it wasn't Harley that screwed up 30 it was all of the illegal entrances and exit from all of the shopping centers along 30 that screwed it up. The majority of the exits and entrances from them NEVER got approval from PENN DOT for them. Harley only had ONE light at it from the beginning.
citizen

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

The law is clear; if the project requires on site traffic changes (the road adj. to property) the landowner pays. If the changes are off-site (1/4 mile down the road) the township tax payers pay. As normal all the posts are dumba@@ people.
Supporter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Weir family is a bunch of nuts. They are so concerned of what impacts them personally and not what is best for the township. The land was zoned industrial for 40 years and they moved there about five years ago. It is not the township or the developers problem they bought a house only twenty feet from bear road.
Hazops

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 25, 2010
 
it's like people who move in next door to a fire house and complain about the lights and sirens and the noise of the engines.
agrt

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

The Weir family have spent a lot of time and hard work to spearhead this campaign, so everyone who is badmouthing them should show some respect. They are not the only people opposed to this plan. If that were the case the meetings would not be standing room only.

Most of the families on Bear Rd and the other roads that will be affected have been living there since before 1972 when the land was zoned industrial, so those of you mocking the neighbors about "moving" into the area should also do more research before insulting the community. In fact, the road is named for a family that lived there and the man whose family owned the farmland still lives on the road.

For those of you making fun of the wells in the neighborhood, let me inform you that the township has tabled its plan to put water down the road (and numerous other road/water/sewer projects) due to lack of funding, but now miraculously has money to accomodate a warehouse that could sit vacant for years.

Neither the Weir family or any other family opposed to this is nuts. I think we all appreciate preserving our communities and are concerned for environmental issues. This warehouse has no promise of longterm jobs; no promise of a tennant; no promise of tax relief, since most likely tax abatement deals have been made; and no promise of safety with runoff water issues. In fact, the Army of Engineers has yet to sign off on the project.

There are plenty of industrial parks in the township that would readily accept this project which would still bring "jobs" and "revenue" to the township.

Finally, if you support the project, that's your perogative and you have a right to do so. However, that doesn't give you the right to badmouth and slander those of us who don't. Use valid arguments to support your position not name calling and juvenile finger-pointing.
PennDot Slug

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 25, 2010
 
YDR Watcher wrote:
I am for the building & jobs, but the traffic is certainly an issue. Eventually the west side of 83 will be as bad as Board Rd & Church @ 83. Why don't they have the developer pay for / install a new interchange at Canal & 83 at the end of Bear Road?
That would be a wonderful idea, I know that the local businesses would greatly appreciate it. But then you are talking about including PennDot. We all know that PennDot could not finds its way out of a wall-less room with a guide rope. There has to be a quota of deaths per year at an intersection before PennDot will even think about conducting a traffic study on how they might improve something.
Supporter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I really could care less if they build or not but The people who cry that they don't want it in their back yard are the ones that piss me off. If everyone got their way we would have no businesses in the us. People should be proud that they live in an area in which others are looking at it for growth.
Supporter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

As I see the Weir family, I do think they are a little nuts. Anyone that post on their blog that they laying on the flood crying for Gods help to find a way with dealing with their childen is a little nuts. I may find my children stressful at times but I would never post something like that on the internet.
I guess I should not always judge others but you can read the blog and decide for yourself. http://www.worthwalkingtoward.blogspot.com/
Really

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 25, 2010
 
Do we really need another trucking facility in the area? How about we work towards creating some decent white collar jobs that pay more than $10 an hour? I swear the job listings in York consist of truck driver, loading dock crew, retail or drug dealer. After moving here 5 years ago, I'm tired of driving all the way to Wash DC every day for a decent salary. Yeah Wash DC...the commute sucks.
YDR Watcher

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

citizen wrote:
The law is clear; if the project requires on site traffic changes (the road adj. to property) the landowner pays. If the changes are off-site (1/4 mile down the road) the township tax payers pay. As normal all the posts are dumba@@ people.
Actually, PA townships have negotiated everything from non-adjacent parks to special facades to interchange improvements in their terms of approval for new buildings. Just look at some of the big warehouses going in Middletown township and see what they've negotiated. Who's the dumba@@ now?
Wake Up

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Really wrote:
Do we really need another trucking facility in the area? How about we work towards creating some decent white collar jobs that pay more than $10 an hour? I swear the job listings in York consist of truck driver, loading dock crew, retail or drug dealer. After moving here 5 years ago, I'm tired of driving all the way to Wash DC every day for a decent salary. Yeah Wash DC...the commute sucks.
That will never happen. The Union has too much say in what goes on. You could try Harrisburg or better yet move back closer to DC. There is a reason that homes are cheaper up here. If the homes are cheaper then the pay will be cheaper.
Clueless transplants.
Mr_Scary

Camp Hill, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Supporter wrote:
Weir family is a bunch of nuts. They are so concerned of what impacts them personally and not what is best for the township. The land was zoned industrial for 40 years and they moved there about five years ago. It is not the township or the developers problem they bought a house only twenty feet from bear road.
They would have to live with it, not you. Offer to buy the house from them or quit you bitching.
Supporter

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 25, 2010
 
"Really" So are you saying that blue collar workers are beneath you? Remember these are the people that help get your groceries the the grocery store, your big screen tv's to the department store they are also the people that allow you to have that white collar job.
Gumby

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 25, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

agrt wrote:
Neither the Weir family or any other family opposed to this is nuts. I think we all appreciate preserving our communities and are concerned for environmental issues. This warehouse has no promise of longterm jobs; no promise of a tennant; no promise of tax relief, since most likely tax abatement deals have been made; and no promise of safety with runoff water issues. In fact, the Army of Engineers has yet to sign off on the project.
Speak for yourself. I care more about growth and increasing our tax base than "preserving our communities". What does that mean anyway? And to just assume that tax abatement deals have been made because it helps your argument? When you assume you make an ass out of you.

Fear is a powerful thing. Don't fear progress. Maybe fear the ARMY OF ENGINEERS, but not progress.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lititz Discussions

Search the Lititz Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr mystified 51,366
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr Bob Casey 3,536
Review: Lancaster County Asphalt (Aug '13) Apr 14 James 2
Another Route 322 shopping center? Apr 9 T Frey 2
Crossdressing (Sep '11) Mar '14 I love nylon 14
Potholes to be patched throughout York County t... (Feb '11) Mar '14 John riedel 3
Ralph J. Reich (Sep '13) Feb '14 Steph79 3
•••

Fire Weather Watch for Lancaster County was issued at April 22 at 1:50PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lititz Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lititz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••