Skokie police officer is shot, and another person is wounded at...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A Skokie police officer was shot Monday evening and another person wounded after the officer pulled over a vehicle suspected of being involved in a Northbrook bank robbery, Lincolnwood police said, citing ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 25, 2008
 
Hope that officer is ok. They risk their lives for us everytime they clock in. Prayers for him.
No Way

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 25, 2008
 
Hope the officier got off a straight shot, to the heart.
Gunner

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 25, 2008
 
My thoughts and prayers to the responding officer, his family, his friends and the Skokie PD.
Carl in Chicago

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 25, 2008
 
Damn it!

The gall of some people!

When someone is that far out of line, they need to be squashed with a heavy hand, indeed.

My best wishes to the officer and his friends/family. May you soon be better, out there again, and taking care of business. We, the good folks of this land, are on your side.

Thank you.
Brian Dennehy

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 25, 2008
 
I hope he recovers totally.
Michelle

Zion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 25, 2008
 
Any idea where in Skokie/Lincolnwood the shooting occurred? Thanks
Lisa P

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 25, 2008
 
Well done, officer.

I regret that you were forced to kill a man, but part of your job is to prevent harm to innocents. You did that.
ecg

Highland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Why even post this article on a news site? It is missing most of the 5w's...

For instance, which bank in Northbrook was robbed? Where in Lincolnwood did the shooting occur? Were the Lincolnwood Police nearby...considering it was a Skokie officer doing a chase outside his jurisdiction? When did everything take place today?

All in all, very poor journalism!
SpinDoctor

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 25, 2008
 
Can we wait for the facts to come out before we hand out attaboys?

If all is kosher (sorry, but this is Skokie and Licolnwood after all) then we can all be proud of the officer's actions. However, we have read far too many stories about police behavior that is suspect. Skokie has an outstanding police department and their officers are highly trained. I pray that this event was not one that will be regretted by that village. The fact that people are cheering the death of an alleged criminal is simply scary though. It is a bit medieval in mentality. The facts were in error when the story first came out and they are sure to become convoluted along the way.

By the way, Michelle asked where the event occured - the exact location may be important to her. The response to her query was unjustified and moronic. The man was killed by a SKOKIE police officer in LINCOLNWOOD. I too am curious exactly where the shootout happened. Were other squads from Lincolnwood on the scene? Did the officer have permission to continue the pursuit? These are important factors in justifying the shooting, son't you think?
resident

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 25, 2008
 
concerned citizen wrote:
Get your story straight.. you've changed this headline 3 times and now it conflicts with the description of the photo. Was the officer shot or NOT? How about waiting to post the info until it's confirmed,
This rush to report utter inaccuracy is truly the downside of the internet. The possible implications for mayhem are really scary: Imagine the headline that we've been bombed, followed up by a revised report: oh wait, no we haven't.
No Way

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Aug 25, 2008
 
SpinDoctor wrote:
Can we wait for the facts to come out before we hand out attaboys?
If all is kosher (sorry, but this is Skokie and Licolnwood after all) then we can all be proud of the officer's actions. However, we have read far too many stories about police behavior that is suspect. Skokie has an outstanding police department and their officers are highly trained. I pray that this event was not one that will be regretted by that village. The fact that people are cheering the death of an alleged criminal is simply scary though. It is a bit medieval in mentality. The facts were in error when the story first came out and they are sure to become convoluted along the way.
By the way, Michelle asked where the event occured - the exact location may be important to her. The response to her query was unjustified and moronic. The man was killed by a SKOKIE police officer in LINCOLNWOOD. I too am curious exactly where the shootout happened. Were other squads from Lincolnwood on the scene? Did the officer have permission to continue the pursuit? These are important factors in justifying the shooting, son't you think?
No need for all that! Getting into a shootout with a police officer is reason enough to kill him. This is not a trial, a judge, or a jury. This is a shootout on the street with a police officer. It does not matter if he had permission to continue the pursuit. The important factor is that the suspect fired a gun at a police officier, and nothing else much matters.
Maurice

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Aug 25, 2008
 
From AZ, glad he had a vest on and glad he got him with his vest on!!
Ralphie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 25, 2008
 
The ambulances were dispatched to 7104 Kilpatrick.
Ella

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 25, 2008
 
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for all that! Getting into a shootout with a police officer is reason enough to kill him. This is not a trial, a judge, or a jury. This is a shootout on the street with a police officer. It does not matter if he had permission to continue the pursuit. The important factor is that the suspect fired a gun at a police officier, and nothing else much matters.
I agree. Also, self-preservation, and having a criminal taken permanently off the streets is not 'medieval' as another poster suggested.
retcop

Peru, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Aug 25, 2008
 
SpinDoctor wrote:
Can we wait for the facts to come out before we hand out attaboys?
If all is kosher (sorry, but this is Skokie and Licolnwood after all) then we can all be proud of the officer's actions. However, we have read far too many stories about police behavior that is suspect. Skokie has an outstanding police department and their officers are highly trained. I pray that this event was not one that will be regretted by that village. The fact that people are cheering the death of an alleged criminal is simply scary though. It is a bit medieval in mentality. The facts were in error when the story first came out and they are sure to become convoluted along the way.
By the way, Michelle asked where the event occured - the exact location may be important to her. The response to her query was unjustified and moronic. The man was killed by a SKOKIE police officer in LINCOLNWOOD. I too am curious exactly where the shootout happened. Were other squads from Lincolnwood on the scene? Did the officer have permission to continue the pursuit? These are important factors in justifying the shooting, son't you think?
Put another shrimp on the barbie and get over yourself Crocodile boy.
good work

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Aug 25, 2008
 
The bank robber had a loaded gun, which he shot at a police officer. I don't see where the problem is Spin Doctor? Even if he was truly innocent, picking up garbage on the street to make Skokie/Lincolnwood look prettier...HE SHOT A GUN AT A COP. Do you think the cop should have tried to talk him down, sit indian style and sing cum bay yah together? No thanks. I'm happy there is one less armed criminal on the streets. Great job Skokie PD!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Oak Lawn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Aug 25, 2008
 
Live by the sword; die by the sword. The deceased is no longer a danger to society. Good riddance.
Northburbcop

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Aug 25, 2008
 
Finally someone who gets it...Bravo...Would the rest of you idiots like it if we see an armed bank robber and only chase him to the edge of our jurisdiction?...then when the guy shoots and kills a relative of yours, you will be carrying on, asking why didn't that officer chase the bad guy down?..My (insert your relative's name here) would have been alive if that officer did his/her job...You people are pathetic...Playing monday morning QB like this when a cop had to make a split second decision to save his life...Luckily it was the right one...IF you're getting shot at, are you going to ask questions before shooting back?
good work wrote:
The bank robber had a loaded gun, which he shot at a police officer. I don't see where the problem is Spin Doctor? Even if he was truly innocent, picking up garbage on the street to make Skokie/Lincolnwood look prettier...HE SHOT A GUN AT A COP. Do you think the cop should have tried to talk him down, sit indian style and sing cum bay yah together? No thanks. I'm happy there is one less armed criminal on the streets. Great job Skokie PD!!!!
anarky99

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Aug 25, 2008
 
hooray for the cops. More bad guys need to die on the job.
rusty nail

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Aug 25, 2008
 
Law and order prevailed today!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lincolnwood Discussions

Search the Lincolnwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr lol 3,780
American Escrow: Illinois attorney general prob... (Mar '09) 7 hr Arlene Adelman 323
Mexicans Love Mr Fat Ronnie 13 hr Roy McCambell is a leech 9
When does McScambell go to jail? 13 hr Roy McCambell is a leech 2
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 hr Chicagobunny 47,070
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 13 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,537
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 20 hr Be kuel 505
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lincolnwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lincolnwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••