Hood Canal Mudd BBQ Sauce

Posted in the Lilliwaup Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jason

Vashon, WA

#1 Apr 3, 2006
Does anyone know where I can purchase Hood Canal Mudd BBQ sauce? Address and phone number would be great!

Thanks
nkp

United States

#2 May 16, 2006
jason,
Hood Canal Mudd BBQ Sauce; I don't have phone but address is:
100 NE Larson Lake Rd. Belfair, Wa. 98528.
Good luck,
nkp
joe

United States

#3 Jul 20, 2006
jason wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase Hood Canal Mudd BBQ sauce? Address and phone number would be great!
Thanks
PO Box 1781, Belfair, WA 98528
idigmuddmsn.com did'nt work
From their label.
Joe

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2006
I saw Hood Canal Mudd in the Central Market in Poulsbo on Sat (7/21)in the condiment aisle @ $9.99 per jar. You might try thr Central Market @ N 155th and Aurora N (Hwy 99).
Pamela

Bellevue, WA

#5 Jun 23, 2007
I too, am trying to buy Hood canal Mudd. Is any one even still making it?
Jim

Canada

#6 Jun 28, 2007
jason wrote:
Thanks
I have a number, but when i called, i got no answer. i too am looking for the wonderful stuff, i have gotten it in the past at the supermarket in Silverdale, i think it's a Red Apple market. Not sure of the price since i don't live in the area anymore, but i'm here on business, and hope to get some.
Jim

Canada

#7 Jun 28, 2007
ohhhh,, the number cannot be posted here, you get a message saying the posting of phone number, social security numbers, or other personal information is not condoned,, e-mail me at subvet93@aol.com if you want the number
Susan

Seattle, WA

#8 Jul 4, 2007
Just bought some sauce yesterday at the Ballard Market. They are affiliated with Central Market. I'm sure if you called either market, they would send some out.

Does anyone have any good recipes using it? I'm doing about 20 lbs of ribs and I'm using it more as a concentrated rub.
teresa

Port Orchard, WA

#9 Aug 8, 2007
I just wanted to add that i went to their web site and no luck but then i called the phone # that is on the jar and its the same phone # thats been posted by Joe from Outlook, and if your near belfair you can get it at the hardware store in belfair...scott something hardware....in the same parking lot as Q F C
mew

Henry, VA

#10 Dec 13, 2007
Susan wrote:
Just bought some sauce yesterday at the Ballard Market. They are affiliated with Central Market. I'm sure if you called either market, they would send some out.
Does anyone have any good recipes using it? I'm doing about 20 lbs of ribs and I'm using it more as a concentrated rub.
It is good in baked beans, on chicken, and I made sloppy joes w it, good on shrimp on the grill as well. Roasted pork in the crockpot is excellent
John

Issaquah, WA

#11 Feb 4, 2008
There is a hardware store, Steve's i think,to the left of a Shell gas station in Belfair. I found some there.
JerryinTacoma

Lakewood, WA

#12 Jul 9, 2008
July 9, 2008 08:40 this morning
Just calld the hood Canal Mudd BBQ sauce lady in Belfair WA at 13602756645. This phone is still a good number. She is not making the sauce at this time due to the unavailability of one of the spices. If anyone is a spice person and can help her give her a call. otherwise keep checking with her.
Super Mario Seattle WA

Spokane, WA

#13 Aug 5, 2008
I'm down to my last can of mudd. I can't believe how hard it is to find one spice. Let help her find this spice.
Joan McPherson

United States

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Has this lady tried the Spice Barn.com If he dosent have it he will find it. I just used my last jar of Mudd. I would even be glad to grow it if that is possible
CatieB

United States

#15 Mar 29, 2009
My sister near Belfair used to get me the Hood Canal Mudd. It is ancient now and nearly gone anyway. I read all the posts.. is anymore being made? I have tried Yahoo and Google look ups and this is as close as I have gotten to information on the stuff.
any luck out there?
CatieB
Joe

Belfair, WA

#16 Aug 11, 2009
E-mail address is idigmudd@msn.com
jason wrote:
Thanks
CatieB

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Aug 11, 2009
Hey Joe,
I just got an alert for the forum here.
I see a quote in your box, without a response. Is that right?
Have you found any of the HCM yet?
thanks...
CatieB

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Aug 11, 2009
"E-mail address is idigmudd@msn.com "

This is no longer a valid address. I did send phone numbers to my sister, who is a local and asked her to check into it. Hunt is still on.
CatieB

United States

#19 Aug 12, 2009
My sister spoke to the lady who made the Hood Canal Mudd. she no longer makes it and no one else does either. A Washington spice company, that made a certain blend of spices that she included in her mudd recipe, was purchased by another company. They discontinued the spice blend. She was unable to replicate the blend herself, so stopped making the product. It is no longer available and won't be made again.
Michael Simonds

Houston, TX

#20 Jan 17, 2010
My brother John Simonds created Hood Canal Mudd Barbegue Base several years ago. John was a professional chef and died in 2001.
My sisters are also looking for the BBQ base. Since Lynn Campbell continued to make Mudd after John's death. she has the origional recipe. She has chosen to stop making Mudd becase she can neither but or recreate the spice blend. My brother told me what he put in Mudd, and that he created the spice blend that was blended in large batches by a Washington spice company. Inspite of the spice business being sold, they must still have the spice blend recipe that was developed by John. Perhaps John's son Christopher Simonds could be given his father's origional recipe by Lynn so that he could maufacture and market Mudd. I live in Seattle, Washinfton and my email is michaeledwinsimonds@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lilliwaup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rain Sat warm fl 1
Review: Hoover KIA - New & Used Cars Dec 16 higuy 1
Pain relief for low back Nov '14 buttons490 1
Missing Wash. girl's dad had previous molestati... Sep '14 missunknown 2
Review: Vape N Smoke (Mar '14) Aug '14 Scot 5
Fishing Report (Nov '13) Aug '14 kurt brigliadora 3
Lilliwaup Store-Motel (Mar '13) Mar '13 Free 1

Lilliwaup News Video

Lilliwaup Dating
Find my Match