|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Judged:

False ads

Offers free oil change with state inspection but then asks for more money "for some cars". No such disclaimer in ad.

Scam...stay away...
DAVE

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

many cars are more difficult to change oil. PAY THE MAN.
would you work for free??
pissed consumer

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Judged:

DAVE wrote:
many cars are more difficult to change oil. PAY THE MAN.
would you work for free??
BULLSHIT! Not asking him to work for free, just to do what he said in the ad... otherwise it is deceptive advertising, which is illegal!

Don't promise what you will not do...scammer!
Barry silbowitz

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

I had a check engine light come on and he told me I needed an o2 sensor for a 2005 civic he told me that the o2 sensor costs over 3 hundred plus $95 for labor. I looked up the part on the I phone and the most expensive one I found was $60 dollars I told him I want to pay the diagnostic fee and he used foul language inside the garage calling me a little shit gave me a hand written receipt and could get me a print out on my diagnostics. Then he charged $75 for the diagnostic plus tax so he ripped me off and then got real mad he couldn't rip me off more. He is a very bad person don't trust him. Sign says free diagnostic check but theres small print underneath it if he baits people like that he's not trust worthy. No my next step is to call the better business bureau because I spend good money on a diagnostIc fee and I get now product no print up I got to trust the word of a thief
Barry silbowitz

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

I work in the area and I promise to spread the word and take legal action against him in reporting to the better business bureau Al's one stop is a ripoff tried charging 395 total for a 200 job It costs 300 dollars for them to order an o2 sensor google it he's evil I haven seen one good review for his place can't wait till the dirt leaves hewlett
Barry silbowitz

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

He didn't give me a print out of my 81$ diagnostics I made a typo on my story
Barry silbowitz

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Try to contact channel 4 since he uses them to advertise as the honest mechanic bull
barrty

Wantagh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

dave ur an idiopt
MARTY

Jackson Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

I have lived in the 5 Towns for 25 years. In the last month alone I have heard complaints from at least 6 people I know about how bad this place is. Do not go there. Do not even buy gas there.
mechanics against al

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

als one stop is now located on merrick road and long beach road in rockville centre across from the pantry diner. figured you would all want to know. his rent is over 1ok a month from schuckman realty, so he has to make a lot of sales to cover that nut. beware!!!
Louie

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Five stars to Als one stop auto! On my way home from work on New years eve I got a flat. It was 6:00 at night and I pulled into Als one stop. He was closed and the mechanics were getting in their cars. This man reopened up for me, changed my tire and didn't charge me a penny! I offered him a 10:00 tip and he wouldn't even take that. There should be more people out there like him. May. GOD bless him
shirley and harry levine

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

We have been using Al's one stop for five years. He has taken care of all of our vehicles in the family. We are very happy with his work. He has always been more than fair with us. Its too bad you were not happy. Maybe you should have shopped around other places first. Instead checking the internet. Does ebay fix cars? Oh by the way I believe Al is half jewish.
Unhappy

Wantagh, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

Wow you travel from the Bronx to go to al you must be retarded. with the Internet comments I use it to fight back against people that do wrong. If I used the Internet I would have never gone to al because he's a crook. I work in the area and he had a sign for free diagnostic were in real small print if you get work done here. Right away you know he's a crook he tricks people. Diagnostic fee 75$ plus tax and no print up & when I asked for a print up or a refund he called me from a private # and told me to go down on him
Mike

Weehawken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

wow dude your crazy

http://www.car-stuff.com/2005hondacivicoxygen...

there you go google 62$ times 3 = 189$+ 95 labor = 284$ dude you got problems now wonder they beat the shit out of you in that shop you were at you don't listen and you want it your way.

get some ridilin and chill out buddy get your life stright you got nothing better to do then post crap all over the internet get a life.

you should've check online first you didn't ITS YOUR FAULT buddy if you didn't like it you should've left get a life
Wow

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

I was happy when I saw Al's one stop auto closed but when I got gas at the gulf station I noticed the new management was his right hand man stay away from that spot that guy is no good towo
anotherscrewedcu stomer

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

This guy has now moved for the 3rd time he was ran out of Lynbrook then Hewlett- people in Rockville Centre stay away from this thief
have had service at als-

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

no problems at all---
Luigi

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

He advertised brakes 100 and I brought my mini van in he tried to charg me 200 he's a crook
Barry Siblowitz

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

For all those who research the internet, I am sure you are aware of pranks and mis-information. It appears that there is an enormous amount of untrue commentary being made by someone who obviously has some issues. Please be aware that we have been in business for 15 years and have several operating businesses. The information that this person is putting on the internet is untrue and he is also posing as an imposter. Please come in for yourself and see that we are an honest family business with the customers best interest at heart. And thank you to all our loyal customers. President of Al's One Stop Auto, Inc
Elsa Vasquez

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

The best service you can get. Friendly inviting station. Takes the time to show you whats wrong and even puts your old parts in your trunk if you want to take them with you. Not pushy! Upfront and Honest!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lido Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Martin's Grillfire opens Monday in Syosset 15 hr Neil Farbstein 1
Speed cameras begin operation in Nassau school ... 20 hr Dale Earnhardt 2
A 'hell on Horton Road' for family of murder vi... (Jul '06) Aug 20 SamIam 1,089
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Aug 19 College Professor 6,391
Need to Get a Birth Certificate (Feb '07) Aug 17 natadqt 24
What happened (Jun '11) Aug 17 ScottLINY 2
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD Aug 17 Dream 1

Search the Lido Beach Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lido Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••