how much money do the board members get
Hereugo

London, KY

#22 Aug 19, 2013
Nothing...they get paid mileage and that is it
Peanut butter

Lexington, KY

#23 Aug 19, 2013
I hear that they make more than a cook, bus driver and jantor.
notknown

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Aug 20, 2013
Actually most of it is just some fluke to make everyone think everything is still going good. Casey County used to have an awesome dual credit program for the high school. Now their aren't even enough students with qualifying scores to make an entire class.
not right

Brownsville, TN

#27 Aug 21, 2013
Outstanding wrote:
I wonder why we have a High Performing School honored by the State? Could it possibly be that we have the right people in place? Or, is it just a fluke or by pure accident? Larry L you are a negative idiot and a fool!
Casey was a so-called High Perfroming school but it was just reported in the Casey News that Casey students are below the State ACT average test scores. Something just don't seem right about this picture. It seems that the past guru would be a great sales person because that is exactly what she was. She just keeps filling up that "High Performing" bank account.
Paymaster

Lexington, KY

#28 Aug 22, 2013
As a Casey County resident with no children, I could care less about the politics played out in the system, except for one fact- I AM SICK AND TIRED of PAYING SCHOOL TAXES on EVERYTHING I own, PLUS all of my utilities, only to see the children of this county display ignorance of elementary truths and very poor work ethics!

Money will not solve the problems this school system exhibits.(The nepotism and political hiring practices, for example.)

Teachers are paid to teach, but send the kids home clueless and oblivious to real-world issues and ideas. A lack of discipline in the classroom is obvious from the outside-looking-in, and the educational system seems to be nothing more than an over-educated idiot's idea of a perpetual motion machine that just churns out more of the same type of inept school teachers and administrators that have absolutely no clue about anything other than how to "work their way up" the school system's political ladder.

*We should firmly stand for a REDUCTION in school tax rates!*

It is time to let them deal with the problems they have created and continue to create. You know, just like those of us who work in the private sector that can not simply give ourselves a raise in revenue to cover up our budgeting mistakes and operational inefficiencies. Break the cycle and give the people some value for the tax dollars invested.
Time

Lexington, KY

#29 Aug 22, 2013
Paymaster wrote:
As a Casey County resident with no children, I could care less about the politics played out in the system, except for one fact- I AM SICK AND TIRED of PAYING SCHOOL TAXES on EVERYTHING I own, PLUS all of my utilities, only to see the children of this county display ignorance of elementary truths and very poor work ethics!
Money will not solve the problems this school system exhibits.(The nepotism and political hiring practices, for example.)
Teachers are paid to teach, but send the kids home clueless and oblivious to real-world issues and ideas. A lack of discipline in the classroom is obvious from the outside-looking-in, and the educational system seems to be nothing more than an over-educated idiot's idea of a perpetual motion machine that just churns out more of the same type of inept school teachers and administrators that have absolutely no clue about anything other than how to "work their way up" the school system's political ladder.
*We should firmly stand for a REDUCTION in school tax rates!*
It is time to let them deal with the problems they have created and continue to create. You know, just like those of us who work in the private sector that can not simply give ourselves a raise in revenue to cover up our budgeting mistakes and operational inefficiencies. Break the cycle and give the people some value for the tax dollars invested.
You are generally correct--however you should also consider: 1) Teachers teach "the test"--not what children need to know. 2) A teacher cannot be fired.

These can only be changed by the state legislature----want change in education---lobby your state legislator to change these two points.
You reap what you sow

Lexington, KY

#30 Aug 28, 2013
Amen wrote:
There is a new superintendent now isn't there?
about right now I bet he is wishing he had checked teaching credentials more, and that he had walked over to the file cabinet and looked to see if qualified people had applied for jobs before he signed his name to a lie.
You reap what you sow

Lexington, KY

#31 Aug 28, 2013
Time wrote:
<quoted text>
You are generally correct--however you should also consider: 1) Teachers teach "the test"--not what children need to know. 2) A teacher cannot be fired.
These can only be changed by the state legislature----want change in education---lobby your state legislator to change these two points.
Teachers can be fired....but administrators have to have the guts to do it the legal way. I have seen teachers let go in other counties, put them on an assistance plan, document document document...then when they don't get it together , you show them the door.

I taught for years and to be honest I spent lots of my own money on students, and I wasn't getting rich folks! Tell me another profession who has 6-8 years of college and makes less than most 2 year medical degrees? To be honest, I do not envy teachers today, and I have only been out a couple years, but kids act horrible yet we are supposed to teach them.

Let their parents come in and you understand why!

Teachers can't discipline....can't teach for the Iphones...for the kids being 2 hours late for class...they are asleep because bedtime was 1 am....they don't pay attention in class....but you are lumping all bad teachers in one huge pile huh!

When parents start being parents and God is allowed back in our lives and schools we might see a change, but unless it does...you couldn't pay me enough to teach right now...society gets dumber all the time!
question

Somerset, KY

#32 Aug 28, 2013
is it true that the school board hired john price's brother in law to be some kind of language teacher AT THE BOARD when he's not teaching at the school? R U KIDDING ME? IF A PERSON DON'T FIT, WE JUST FIX THE SLOT?
OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK!!!!!
You reap what you sow

Lexington, KY

#33 Aug 28, 2013
You would be surprised what all goes on with nepotism ...it is alive and well
Supportive

Lexington, KY

#35 Aug 28, 2013
There are two sides to every story. Maybe you are only hearing one side of this story!
school board members

Somerset, KY

#36 Aug 29, 2013
maybe we should step back look close and see if we can detect the strings on the back of the puppets. a better question might be who is the puppetmaster????
just a question

Lexington, KY

#37 Aug 30, 2013
Veteran

Nicholasville, KY

#38 Aug 30, 2013
just a question wrote:
When reading statutes, pay attention to the words "may" versus "shall." They don't mean the same thing.
just a question

Lexington, KY

#39 Aug 30, 2013
(e) No relative of a superintendent of schools shall be an employee of the
school district. However, this shall not apply to a relative who is a
classified or certified employee of the school district for at least thirty-six
(36) months prior to the superintendent assuming office, or prior to
marrying a relative of the superintendent, and who is qualified for the
position the employee holds. A superintendent's spouse who has at least
eight (8) years of service in school systems may be an employee of the
school district. A superintendent's spouse who is employed under this
provision shall not hold a position in which the spouse supervises certified
or classified employees. A superintendent's spouse may supervise
teacher aides and student teachers. However, the superintendent shall
not promote a rel
just a question

Lexington, KY

#40 Aug 30, 2013
At CCHS, Lana Sowders was hired as a social studies teacher.
Common sense

Nicholasville, KY

#41 Sep 25, 2013
just a question wrote:
(e) No relative of a superintendent of schools shall be an employee of the
school district. However, this shall not apply to a relative who is a
classified or certified employee of the school district for at least thirty-six
(36) months prior to the superintendent assuming office, or prior to
marrying a relative of the superintendent, and who is qualified for the
position the employee holds. A superintendent's spouse who has at least
eight (8) years of service in school systems may be an employee of the
school district. A superintendent's spouse who is employed under this
provision shall not hold a position in which the spouse supervises certified
or classified employees. A superintendent's spouse may supervise
teacher aides and student teachers. However, the superintendent shall
not promote a rel
. No the jaw hasn't changed but who actually follows the law???? Only poor folks have to abide by laws, go sit in the courthouse 1 day and see who is there.
former student

Danville, KY

#42 Sep 25, 2013
Australia wrote:
Absolutely underpaid for the many hours they spend making very important decisions! They go to many distant meetings to keep them up to date on the ever changing education policies and laws. They are also liable for law suits. They really should be paid much more but, basically, they serve for the good of the community and it's children/youth and most definitely not for the money!
the school board is overpaid and underworked. anybody who actually believes your comment, i will show you 75 people who disagrees with you. all they do is set on their fist and lean back on their thumb.
former student

Danville, KY

#43 Sep 26, 2013
Larry L wrote:
<quoted text>The new superintendent will be a miserable failure unless he gets rid of the backstabbers at the board of education. Price, Stevens, Terry, Durham, and Lee all need to get the boot.
what about the other idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scottie phelps 1 hr eww 3
Smoking ban 1 hr well 3
Casey Girls Basketball 2 hr Band dad 43
Brittany hall (Sep '13) 12 hr brittany 5
Jobs Thu that girl 6
Run Mayor Brown out of Town Thu help liberty grow 95
charles wahl and melinda Bernard brown Wed bobbi 6
Liberty Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web