LISTEN: Maryland Pastor 'Kind Of Likes' The Idea Of Killing Gays

Jun 1, 2012 Full story: The Huffington Post 14

As Good As You blogger Jeremy Hooper reports , a pastor identified as Dennis Leatherman of the Mountain Lake Independent Baptist Church in Oakland, Md., spoke at length on the subject in a 50-minute sermon titled "Homosexuality and the Bible." "To bea have a tendency to be effeminate or homosexual is just as wicked as to have a tendency to be a ... (more)

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Jun 1, 2012
Sick bigots.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#2 Jun 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Sick bigots.
Proves how the pulpit trash are showing the same mentality as Adolf Hitler.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#3 Jun 1, 2012
A Correct reading and understanding of Matthew 19:12 (N.T.) would clear this up, fast! However, Many so called "Pastors" prefer to use the Old Testament, Jewish law, that Jews themselves, ignore. The "laws" of Deuteronomy and Leviticus have no currency today. They are simply irrelevant. We mix seeds in the fields! We don't kill our neighbors for working on Sunday! We don't sell our daughters into slavery! Yet, the one part of this "law" that could still be applied, the admonition against homosexuality. manages to survive! His problem is that for the first time in history, TLBG people have had a voice and have been able to make their case. And The Public is listening to us, not him! And he doesn't like it!
Regards, Terri

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#4 Jun 1, 2012
TerryE wrote:
A Correct reading and understanding of Matthew 19:12 (N.T.) would clear this up, fast! However, Many so called "Pastors" prefer to use the Old Testament, Jewish law, that Jews themselves, ignore. The "laws" of Deuteronomy and Leviticus have no currency today. They are simply irrelevant. We mix seeds in the fields! We don't kill our neighbors for working on Sunday! We don't sell our daughters into slavery! Yet, the one part of this "law" that could still be applied, the admonition against homosexuality. manages to survive! His problem is that for the first time in history, TLBG people have had a voice and have been able to make their case. And The Public is listening to us, not him! And he doesn't like it!
Regards, Terri
Jesus practiced the Jewish laws himself, except for a few as in helping the sick on the Sabbath day, which comes to mind, because illness doesn’t run on a schedule. The other is to love our neighbor and enemies. Fringe Christians (Catholics, Baptists, etc….) will come back and say that Jesus changed the laws of Moses and he didn’t because it was the Christians who twisted and changed them after he was dead. One of the sects of Christian belief who still practice most of the laws, as Jesus did, are the Messianic Jews of today. They practice as the Orthodox Jews, but believe Jesus is the Messiah. IMO they are a group who follow the ancient laws as close as possible. The rest of the fringe Christians of today perverted the teachings and laws.
One_up

San Diego, CA

#5 Jun 2, 2012
What this person said.... Finally someone makes sense..
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus practiced the Jewish laws himself, except for a few as in helping the sick on the Sabbath day, which comes to mind, because illness doesn’t run on a schedule. The other is to love our neighbor and enemies. Fringe Christians (Catholics, Baptists, etc….) will come back and say that Jesus changed the laws of Moses and he didn’t because it was the Christians who twisted and changed them after he was dead. One of the sects of Christian belief who still practice most of the laws, as Jesus did, are the Messianic Jews of today. They practice as the Orthodox Jews, but believe Jesus is the Messiah. IMO they are a group who follow the ancient laws as close as possible. The rest of the fringe Christians of today perverted the teachings and laws.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#6 Jun 2, 2012
At what point in Jesus' life are we talking about? The older he got, The more "radicalized" he became. If that's true, Why is there such a thing as "Christianity"? We should be following the old Jewish prophets, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc. No, Jesus represented a radical departure from the old ways! Read Matthew 19:12
Regards, Terri
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus practiced the Jewish laws himself, except for a few as in helping the sick on the Sabbath day, which comes to mind, because illness doesn’t run on a schedule. The other is to love our neighbor and enemies. Fringe Christians (Catholics, Baptists, etc….) will come back and say that Jesus changed the laws of Moses and he didn’t because it was the Christians who twisted and changed them after he was dead. One of the sects of Christian belief who still practice most of the laws, as Jesus did, are the Messianic Jews of today. They practice as the Orthodox Jews, but believe Jesus is the Messiah. IMO they are a group who follow the ancient laws as close as possible. The rest of the fringe Christians of today perverted the teachings and laws.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#7 Jun 2, 2012
TerryE wrote:
At what point in Jesus' life are we talking about? The older he got, The more "radicalized" he became. If that's true, Why is there such a thing as "Christianity"? We should be following the old Jewish prophets, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, etc. No, Jesus represented a radical departure from the old ways! Read Matthew 19:12
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

This has to do with what???? Somebody used Mathews name, but Mathew didn't write this passage because he was dead when it was written.

Nope! It was Christians who changed it. Jesus followed the OT laws and kept holy the Sabbath day (Saturday)too, which Christians also changed. Jesus's words and teachings were twisted, perverted and written down 100 years after he was dead.
Prophet Romney

Durham, NC

#8 Jun 2, 2012
Hi, I would like you all to come join me in the mormon church. We practice homosexuality too. We don't like blacks. Many years ago we are the ones who started rumors about blacks being cursed by god and not as good as whites. Some people didn't like that so we had to apologize and stop spreading those rumors but we still belive that "white and delightsome" is the best.
we just talk about it now in our secret rituals that we do in our "white and delightsome" temples.

Since: Jul 10

Smalltown, USA

#9 Jun 12, 2012
Prophet Romney wrote:
Hi, I would like you all to come join me in the mormon church. We practice homosexuality too. We don't like blacks. Many years ago we are the ones who started rumors about blacks being cursed by god and not as good as whites. Some people didn't like that so we had to apologize and stop spreading those rumors but we still belive that "white and delightsome" is the best.
we just talk about it now in our secret rituals that we do in our "white and delightsome" temples.
So your racist is what your saying? Oh, thats nice.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10 Jun 13, 2012
SonnyJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So your racist is what your saying? Oh, thats nice.
In spite of that poster actually being a Poe, he's not too far off from the truth of the matter. LOL

Since: Jul 10

Smalltown, USA

#11 Jun 16, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>In spite of that poster actually being a Poe, he's not too far off from the truth of the matter. LOL
i dont know what you just said.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#12 Jun 16, 2012
SonnyJ wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont know what you just said.
Google Poe's Law.

Since: Jul 10

Smalltown, USA

#13 Jun 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Google Poe's Law.
I'll pass.
whatever

United States

#14 Jun 20, 2012
Wtf? This "man of God" needs a big can of act right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth White Sat beyondfedup 16
Meet up quickie? Fri beyondfedup 8
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Dec 19 feeling lost in t... 331
Posts are being deleted Dec 14 Please Help 1
The Return of Jim Crow in North Carolina Dec 14 squeezers 296
men who cheat and liars (Jun '13) Dec 13 I know 11
Bank Trivia Dec 9 question 4
Lexington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lexington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lexington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lexington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

NBC Sports 4:00AM
Cam Newton's toughness on display yet again
NBC Sports 4:11 AM
Julio Jones shows what a "stud" he is during comeback
NFL 5:05 AM
Galette: Saints locker room 'feels like a funeral'
NBC Sports 5:44 AM
Roddy White to Keenan Lewis: We just woke up out of the grave
NFL 6:21 AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?