Comments
21 - 40 of 93 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2010
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 16, 2010
 
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 16, 2010
 
Spectator wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OSXNU1_boucXX
A comment from the Merle Haggard Video, Are the Good times Really over for good.

" I would like to apologize for my generation. My generation has no work ethic mostly lazy and overall pathetic (mostly, there are a few of us hard workers out there providing for their families). Divorce, criminals, people wanting handouts or something for nothing and people who think drugs are just swell. I'm 24 and my generation just is terrible, terrible toward the freedoms that so many have lost their lives protecting. I may not agree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it."

He's talking about Spectators
The Valley

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 16, 2010
 
Hey I heard the new newspaper coming to Mifflin County will be covering issues, without the normal bias.....
It is called "The Valley", and the Introductory issue will be out the first week of November.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 16, 2010
 
The Valley wrote:
Hey I heard the new newspaper coming to Mifflin County will be covering issues, without the normal bias.....
It is called "The Valley", and the Introductory issue will be out the first week of November.
If it is a condensed version of the Sentinel like the County Observer, then it won't amount to much.
The Valley

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 16, 2010
 
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a condensed version of the Sentinel like the County Observer, then it won't amount to much.
No affiliation to, or any part of the Sentinel. Totally private newspaper, with local local focus.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 17, 2010
 
The Valley wrote:
<quoted text>
No affiliation to, or any part of the Sentinel. Totally private newspaper, with local local focus.
We'll see what it looks like, maybe a Lewistown Liar like Ben Mason had,only with sponsors.
Lewistown does need another source because it is obvious the Sentinel is not cutting it. This Police issue should not be as quiet as it is. Remember the Sentinel was proud to announce its all new Website that had lots of features, such as being able to comment on articles, how long did that last? About a Week and someone recognized that they were not consistant and would allow comment on some articles but not others and would censor comments depending on your opinion so they now done away with comments completely except for allowing comment on certain polls, not all. The poll on Benches was ok but on other things you are not allowed comment.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 17, 2010
 

Remember the comment section on Sentinel Articles when all the kids were going home sick, that pretty much stopped the comment section in the Sentinel Website.
The Valley

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 17, 2010
 
I think you all will be happy with "The Valley "....it is coming the first week of Novemeber.
LOL

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 17, 2010
 
LR, once again you speak out of your lower orfice. Lewistown is a joint employer as ruled by the Pa Supreme court in 1999. You can not arbitrarily start a new department by just advertising for employees, when you have an existing labor contract and are jointly responsible for the administration of an existing department. You MUST negotiate with the affected employees and their labor union. The Boro will ultimately have to hire the affected personnel at their current wage and benefit scales and will also be required to honor the labor contract. You will find that this will be considered impact arbitration. Just because they are withdrawing from the RPD, doesn't relieve them from this obligation. You seem to think the withdrawl is the waving of some sort of magic wand that's going to make everything all warm and fuzzy. You'd better grab your ankles and your checkbook if you believe this to be true.
Spectator

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Sep 17, 2010
 
He is used to grabbing his ankles, been doing that his whole life, more than likely, someone that dumb has an empty checkbook as well, he is a reliefer.

Hey, what about this paper, who is doing it?
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 17, 2010
 
LOL wrote:
LR, once again you speak out of your lower orfice. Lewistown is a joint employer as ruled by the Pa Supreme court in 1999. You can not arbitrarily start a new department by just advertising for employees, when you have an existing labor contract and are jointly responsible for the administration of an existing department. You MUST negotiate with the affected employees and their labor union. The Boro will ultimately have to hire the affected personnel at their current wage and benefit scales and will also be required to honor the labor contract. You will find that this will be considered impact arbitration. Just because they are withdrawing from the RPD, doesn't relieve them from this obligation. You seem to think the withdrawl is the waving of some sort of magic wand that's going to make everything all warm and fuzzy. You'd better grab your ankles and your checkbook if you believe this to be true.

I am Glad you noticed that Lewistown Borough was stated as a Joint employer in 1999, actually they were a joint employer starting in 1993 when they joined MCRPD. And you also said the same thing I did that Lewistown Borough has to live up to its obligations, But you didn't say it was from 1993 to DEC 31, 2010 as I did, You seem to think it is for life, and it is not.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 17, 2010
 

If Lewistown Borough is behind in its Funding of any Pension funds, and they are a joint employer of MCRPD. then the remaining six MCRPD members are also part of that Deficit, That's probably why they are talking about smoothing.
LOL

Frazeysburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Sep 17, 2010
 
LR you are so clueless. You, like Berrier, have no idea what you are talking about. Twist it how you like to make you feel better now, but you'll see in the long run what is factual and how WRONG you were. You are such an idiot. Sooooo, who started creating this new department? Sure the hell wasn't the new LPD, now was it? I believe Westender is on the right track. Crows are a commin!!!!!!!!!!
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Sep 18, 2010
 
LOL wrote:
LR you are so clueless. You, like Berrier, have no idea what you are talking about. Twist it how you like to make you feel better now, but you'll see in the long run what is factual and how WRONG you were. You are such an idiot. Sooooo, who started creating this new department? Sure the hell wasn't the new LPD, now was it? I believe Westender is on the right track. Crows are a commin!!!!!!!!!!
Where is your Lawsuits you are talking so much about, bring them on, or don't you have any? Just Wishful thinking.
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Sep 18, 2010
 
Dumbass, 1999 is when the ruling came down from the high court from the 1993 lawsuit and the issues are basically for lifetime as long as there are pensioners and their surviving spouses, they have an obligation.
You should understand labor laws before you speak.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Sep 18, 2010
 
LOL wrote:
Dumbass, 1999 is when the ruling came down from the high court from the 1993 lawsuit and the issues are basically for lifetime as long as there are pensioners and their surviving spouses, they have an obligation.
You should understand labor laws before you speak.
That's about as dumb as it comes comment. That's about like the lady that raised you telling you at age 10 that she is your mother.
Spectator

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Sep 18, 2010
 
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about as dumb as it comes comment. That's about like the lady that raised you telling you at age 10 that she is your mother.
There ya go dumbass asshat, right off topic and in defense mode, but don't worry, we understand, we know your problem, and it is " You can't fix Stupid!!!"
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Sep 18, 2010
 
Spectator wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go dumbass asshat, right off topic and in defense mode, but don't worry, we understand, we know your problem, and it is " You can't fix Stupid!!!"
It is not off subject dumbass, the lady was your mother at birth, so regardless if she waits until you are 10 years old or not to tell you , the same thing applies in the ruling that Lewistown Borough is a joint employer of MCRPD. They became joint employer in MCRPD in 1993 when they joined regardless if they needed someone to tell them in 1999, Hey Lewistown Borough you are a joint employer, Big deal. I don't think they ever said Lewistown borough is in it for life.
Spectator

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Sep 18, 2010
 
As hard as I try, I find it hard to argue in favor of life with imbeciles like you walking the streets. A perfect living excuse for abortions.

What a Butt Nugget.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 18, 2010
 
Spectator wrote:
As hard as I try, I find it hard to argue in favor of life with imbeciles like you walking the streets. A perfect living excuse for abortions.
What a Butt Nugget.
You might be able to BS your way in the drug world, but not in the real world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obamacare Surprise 51,274
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
MCRPD accepts plan Aug 18 bringinthedough 9
Top Party Schools (Jul '08) Aug 4 whathappened 26
Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Aug 2 nike free 3
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Jul 28 Ariana 18
Girl Scout Cookies Jun '14 Higherprices 1

Search the Lewistown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lewistown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lewistown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lewistown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewistown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••