Next Last
just me

Waynesboro, TN

#1 Aug 29, 2012
Just wondering everyone's thoughts!!
Lewisport resident

United States

#2 Aug 29, 2012
No offense to Shirley but would like to see Chad stay in .. I'm affraid that Shirley might want to turn our city PINK !!! LMAO..
just me

Waynesboro, TN

#3 Aug 29, 2012
Lewisport resident wrote:
No offense to Shirley but would like to see Chad stay in .. I'm affraid that Shirley might want to turn our city PINK !!! LMAO..
I believe she would do a good job. Don't think she would do that !
country girl

Mayfield, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2012
I cant vote for mayor, but if i could i would vote Shirley all the way. Chad misused funds when he bought out DB contract from the Bowling Green police department. He misused funds and power. No mayor should be able to pay that amount of money for anything without approval from city council. Makes me wonder what his motives were??????
just me

Waynesboro, TN

#5 Aug 29, 2012
country girl wrote:
I cant vote for mayor, but if i could i would vote Shirley all the way. Chad misused funds when he bought out DB contract from the Bowling Green police department. He misused funds and power. No mayor should be able to pay that amount of money for anything without approval from city council. Makes me wonder what his motives were??????
I believe he does alot of things without the council approval.
red mist

United States

#6 Aug 29, 2012
If he did in fact buy out that particular contract without approval, he needs to be dismissed and held personally accountable for the funds. It's not his money to spend!!!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7 Aug 30, 2012
Why don't you go on facts rather than hearsay? Obviously you don't know anything about politics or you would know that he just can't go and spend money without the council's approval. Furthermore if he was spending money secretly as you are trying to suggest how is the city debt-free for the first time ever? Do your homework before you comment on something you know nothing about. I will sleep better knowing you can't vote!
Concerned Citizen

Owensboro, KY

#8 Aug 30, 2012
country girl wrote:
I can assure you that no contract has been bought out in regards to any police officer or any employee, that would have to be approved by council. Our city is debt free and fiscally sound due to Mayor Chad's leadership and a great City Council. there has been many improvements made over the past 8 years with no property tax increases or new taxes, and only modest utility rate increases. Employees have better pay and benefits under Mayor Gregory's tenure, there has been numerous utility and city property improvements. mayor Gregory seeks council approval on all matters that statute demands and many other issues that statute doesn't require.

Waynesboro, TN

#9 Aug 30, 2012
I wish we could get Charles King!!
just me

Waynesboro, TN

#10 Aug 31, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I can assure you that no contract has been bought out in regards to any police officer or any employee, that would have to be approved by council. Our city is debt free and fiscally sound due to Mayor Chad's leadership and a great City Council. there has been many improvements made over the past 8 years with no property tax increases or new taxes, and only modest utility rate increases. Employees have better pay and benefits under Mayor Gregory's tenure, there has been numerous utility and city property improvements. mayor Gregory seeks council approval on all matters that statute demands and many other issues that statute doesn't require.
you don't know what your talking about. He is power hungry and makes all the council members unnecessary

“this outta be fun!!”

Location hidden

#11 Aug 31, 2012
The contract that was supposedly bought out was a bowling green police officers who i believe also happens to be a city council member. This is all hearsay at this point. Let no mistake be made--I am not stating this as fact but needs to be brought out and proven one way or the other before the election.
Concerned Citizen

Owensboro, KY

#12 Aug 31, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know what your talking about. He is power hungry and makes all the council members unnecessary
I do know what I am talking about, if a contract was bought out then why are there still only two police officers in Lewisport. You are misinformed and going off of rumors.
Concerned Citizen

Owensboro, KY

#13 Aug 31, 2012
1 Kick Ass wrote:
The contract that was supposedly bought out was a bowling green police officers who i believe also happens to be a city council member. This is all hearsay at this point. Let no mistake be made--I am not stating this as fact but needs to be brought out and proven one way or the other before the election.
the person in question is not a council member, the person seat was given up do to moving residence to Bowling Green over a year ago. Again this would have to be voted on by the council, because the expenditure would have to be budgeted. this would not ba a Mayor decision, but a council decision.

“this outta be fun!!”

Location hidden

#14 Aug 31, 2012
The person is starting with the L.p.d soon---- supossedly as told by the Lewisport police Chief.
The whole point of this conversation is that supposedly the mayor went outside of his boundaries to purchase this contract in order to bring this person here. Meaning that he did not follow the rules and normal operating procedures.
If it does come to pass that he does in fact get on the Lewisport Department then it needs to be determined how he got there. I don't know if he gave the seat on city council up or not but I did hear that he kept the apartment in Lewisport in order to keep his seat on the council. I guess time will tell or someone needs to go ask the horse directly!!
Concerned Citizen

Owensboro, KY

#15 Aug 31, 2012
1 Kick Ass wrote:
The person is starting with the L.p.d soon---- supossedly as told by the Lewisport police Chief.
The whole point of this conversation is that supposedly the mayor went outside of his boundaries to purchase this contract in order to bring this person here. Meaning that he did not follow the rules and normal operating procedures.
If it does come to pass that he does in fact get on the Lewisport Department then it needs to be determined how he got there. I don't know if he gave the seat on city council up or not but I did hear that he kept the apartment in Lewisport in order to keep his seat on the council. I guess time will tell or someone needs to go ask the horse directly!!
The person in question is not a council member, but does have an apartment in Lewisport. His family is located in Lewisport and the person does spend time there during his off time. The police chief needs to stop spreading rumors that he cannot confirm. The town of Lewisport needs to stop living off rumors that are not true.

“this outta be fun!!”

Location hidden

#16 Aug 31, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>The person in question is not a council member, but does have an apartment in Lewisport. His family is located in Lewisport and the person does spend time there during his off time. The police chief needs to stop spreading rumors that he cannot confirm. The town of Lewisport needs to stop living off rumors that are not true.
You need to go back and Re-read my post!! Words like supposedly mean that it has not been confirmed... Anyway I know that he has a place in Lewisport, I know him and his family as well as the mayor and police Chief. Nothing has been confirmed but it has not been denied either. I heard this talk many months ago and forgot all about it until the other day. Someone told me that in a conversation with some of the people involved that a date was stated on when a certain someone was to start working for the L.P.D..
I will say it again IT HAS NOT been confirmed and if it doesn't happen and you are correct that would be great!! However if it does--- something is going on under the table!!! You keep saying that its not going to happen, I ask, what proof do you have to confirm this?
Concerned Citizen

Owensboro, KY

#17 Sep 1, 2012
You can trust that I know what I'm talking about, and it is harmful to spread rumors that cannot be confirmed. Social media is nothing more than a gossip session. if you don't know the truth then maybe it would be best if you say nothing.
Drew

Sarasota, FL

#19 Sep 2, 2012
country girl wrote:
I can assure you that my contract with my other employer was not bought out, and that I am still under contract with that agency. Furthermore, I will also inform everyone that I plan on continuing my employment with that agency.

If someone wants to know information about a certain issue, why not ask the person who would know best instead of using Topix to get their information?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#20 Sep 3, 2012
1 Kick Ass wrote:
If the police chief is the one spreading the rumors it makes me wonder what HIS motives are? Maybe it is HE that the focus should be on and not the mayor.....just a thought.
1Kick ass

United States

#21 Sep 9, 2012
liarsbeware wrote:
<quoted text>If the police chief is the one spreading the rumors it makes me wonder what HIS motives are? Maybe it is HE that the focus should be on and not the mayor.....just a thought.
The Word "supposedly" means that it has not been proven to me as fact that he said it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl at Dollar Store (Apr '13) 6 hr Rainbow 48
Mary robbins Thu hottformary 2
Who do you support for Sheriff in Kentucky (Ohi... (Oct '10) Thu winner 107
Keith Pate sitting in his front yard shooting t... Wed tired of it 14
Jason Lee Bruce Oct 28 Hollywood 4
Randy Stroup's Home Oct 26 Just me 5
Any urban legends or hauntings in Hancock county? Oct 26 Just wondering 1

Freeze Warning for Hancock County was issued at October 31 at 3:17PM EDT

Lewisport Dating
Find my Match