burnt-out

Princeton, WV

#21 Feb 14, 2010
You guys deserve to earn minimum wage, that law sucks. Especially for servers who work buffets. Customers don't feel obligated to tip if they wait on themselves.
Well

United States

#22 Feb 14, 2010
Went last week, party of 8. While waiting for our table due to party size not being busy, the girl called our name but took other party to our table. When we questioned her she said " oh well when I call their name you can get a table haha" then the waitress came to get a drink order, took 1 persons drink order and said "ok and then walked away, she came back 10 min later to get the rest of our drink order but did not bring them for at least 20 min when she returned to take food order. They brought our appetizer when the meal was ready not before like they should. Once the food came we did not see the waitrress again until she walked by laid ticket on the table and left. Didn't ask about dessert drink refills or anything. If they had been busy I would have excused some of this bit when I pay 168 for a meal, I expect halfway decent service. They used to have great servers not anymore
PBS

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#23 Feb 14, 2010
With all of this airring of dirty laundry gossip about Applebee's, I believe my family will begin eating at Bob Evans or Ruby Tuesdays. Possibly even Shoney's. If the staff talks about each other, manager included, in such a harsh manner then I don't feel it's a family friendly environment to patronize. Therefore we shall dine elsewhere from now on until new management and employees are found. Also, all of this talk of drugs, does Applebee's not do random drug testing. If someone gets hurt will under the I fluence of illegal drugs then the insurance company along with their Worker's Compensation provider will drop Applebee's as clients. If I were the manager, drug testing starts , today. You can pick up a testing kit at any drug for under 20.00 and if anyone tests positive, send them home and call someone else in to work. You are running a business. Do it or loose it and stop your employees from getting on here. It just starts more gossip and you're loosing customers like my famy.
burnt-out

Princeton, WV

#24 Feb 14, 2010
Complain to management in front of server, granted that is rude, stupid and poor training or performance on the part of the server. Ask for a reduction in the bill,bitc7,bitc7,bitc7. Especially if there aren't too many people in there.They are working and deserve minimum wage protection under the law, period.
Informant

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#25 Feb 14, 2010
Call the main headquarters and the health department if you have any complaints about service or sanitation. Even call the police if you suspect anyone working there of being under the infulence of any drug or alcohol. Take names of everyone that can't do their job so that they can get proper training. Don't let Charles intiminate you. If he tries to, just file harassment charges against him. If he fires you, go work for any number of minimum wage jobs. When people start complaining on him he'll loose his job and have to start at the bottom, also. I grew up and partied with "Cheese" and it's true what someone else said, "he can't fight", so don't let his bark or size fool you. But I suggest using the power the main office if you have problems there as a customer or worker.
wss

Princeton, WV

#26 Feb 14, 2010
so the drugs still go on? Doesn;t sound like much of a manager to me.
nik

Bellevue, WA

#27 Feb 14, 2010
so if u work at the bees, you know who this is. iv recently heard its being said that i started this conversation b/c i had came in and asked for my job back. well theres really no other jobs around rite now, i heard bees was short handed. but yea he said no which ok, whatever thats cool, no harm in asking. but sorry to burst everyones bubble to put the blame on someone. i did not start this bash coversation on applebees and chuck.....just a little fyi for all you haters. i wouldnt stoop that low to trash people online. whats the point anyway?
Ash

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#28 Feb 14, 2010
If it wasn't you, then how did you know about this forum? I think you're scared!
Why

Lewisburg, WV

#29 Feb 14, 2010
If Chuck was such a bad-ass and good manager he would have taken the steps necessary to remove this thread a long time ago. At the end of the day Applebee's is just another chain. I've eaten there a few times and it doesn't matter if you are in Columbia, SC or Lewisburg is all the same crap. Call yourself a restaurant and the best steak you offer is a sirloin? Give me a break.
citizen

Rupert, WV

#30 Feb 14, 2010
God all of you people are pathetic go to school and get an education and you wouldn't have to worry about defending nasty ass applebees......lmfao ya'll remind me of the movie waiting how pathetic lol...!
lulz

Princeton, WV

#31 Feb 14, 2010
I think applebees suck!!
FYI

Princeton, WV

#32 Feb 14, 2010
PBS wrote:
With all of this airring of dirty laundry gossip about Applebee's, I believe my family will begin eating at Bob Evans or Ruby Tuesdays. Possibly even Shoney's. If the staff talks about each other, manager included, in such a harsh manner then I don't feel it's a family friendly environment to patronize. Therefore we shall dine elsewhere from now on until new management and employees are found. Also, all of this talk of drugs, does Applebee's not do random drug testing. If someone gets hurt will under the I fluence of illegal drugs then the insurance company along with their Worker's Compensation provider will drop Applebee's as clients. If I were the manager, drug testing starts , today. You can pick up a testing kit at any drug for under 20.00 and if anyone tests positive, send them home and call someone else in to work. You are running a business. Do it or loose it and stop your employees from getting on here. It just starts more gossip and you're loosing customers like my famy.
They do Drug test. They keep them in the office. And if you want to go to "BOB EVANS" and eat, good luck. they suck even worse, service and food. And go ahead and go to "RUBY TUESDAYS" and when you do, ask how many got fired from applebees, they are all applebee rejects. And your "famy" can shove it. I deal with people like you everyday, get mad at someone, stomp your feet, and blare out "Well I guess I'll take my business to Ruby Tuesday" GO! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! Cook at home fatty. Someone else will take your spot in line anyways. You'll be back, and bitching too. LMAO!!!!
Hostess

Princeton, WV

#33 Feb 14, 2010
i heart applebees <3 i know for a fact shoneys is roach infested! have that with your mashed taters!...stupid hillbillys
Chester

Princeton, WV

#34 Feb 14, 2010
It's not easy being CHEESY!! LMAO!! ROTF!!
not too bad

Easton, MD

#35 Feb 15, 2010
It shouldn't matter who is sleeping with who or who is a hard ass, etc. As long as you recieve good food and good service nothing else should matter. And I like applebess.
Why

Lewisburg, WV

#36 Feb 15, 2010
Oh, an I guess Applebee's is a "highbrow" restaurant. Stupid Hostess.
here

United States

#37 Feb 15, 2010
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Cook at home fatty. Someone else will take your spot in line anyways. You'll be back, and bitching too. LMAO!!!!
you are not representing anyone in a good light, and i doubt that
the establishment appreciates your enthusiasm.
LOL

Lewisburg, WV

#38 Feb 15, 2010
Well wrote:
Went last week, party of 8. While waiting for our table due to party size not being busy, the girl called our name but took other party to our table. When we questioned her she said " oh well when I call their name you can get a table haha" then the waitress came to get a drink order, took 1 persons drink order and said "ok and then walked away, she came back 10 min later to get the rest of our drink order but did not bring them for at least 20 min when she returned to take food order. They brought our appetizer when the meal was ready not before like they should. Once the food came we did not see the waitrress again until she walked by laid ticket on the table and left. Didn't ask about dessert drink refills or anything. If they had been busy I would have excused some of this bit when I pay 168 for a meal, I expect halfway decent service. They used to have great servers not anymore
Why didn't you ask for the manager while all of this was taking place? I tend to blame you for just sitting there and now complaining.
lmao

Rupert, WV

#39 Feb 15, 2010
Applebees would be a whole better place if they would get a whole new staff.and i hate how the people that work there think they are the shit.....come on its f*cking applebees people you act like you cureing a terminal illness get a life.
Hostess

Princeton, WV

#40 Feb 16, 2010
lmao wrote:
Applebees would be a whole better place if they would get a whole new staff.and i hate how the people that work there think they are the shit.....come on its f*cking applebees people you act like you cureing a terminal illness get a life.
We are the Shit, so take a big whiff. If you're so wonderful why don't you just sweep in with your awesomeness and put every single one of us out of work? Hey that's a good idea!! Then we can come in and be guests while you're working, give you a poor ass attitude, bitch and complain about every little thing, til we put you in a horrible mood, hows that sound, we'll invite our friends, we'll trash the restaurant, we'll have 10 screaming 5 year olds running around getting in your way while you're trying to take care of other guests, and we'll just be super loud, rude, and obnoxious. tell me, after that ALL DAY, how did your day go?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taking nominations for village idiot of the year 46 min Doritos and Mount... 8
GEHS Basketball (Apr '12) 3 hr Not 79
Who runs the county commission 7 hr changes 6
Lionel Garner (Oct '09) 10 hr lmao 64
Seyfl, the coaches (Nov '11) Thu Hot mess 7
hud Dec 18 Runway 7 6
Walmart Dec 18 Kim 8
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:58 am PST

Bleacher Report10:58AM
Polamalu (Knee) Likely to Sit Sunday
NBC Sports11:20 AM
Troy Polamalu not expected to play on Sunday
ESPN11:21 AM
Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns