losing faith here

Lewisburg, TN

#13900 Jun 29, 2012
What does this place relly have to offer? Tonight we go out to eat and go bowling in lewisburg. That is all a person can really do if you want to stay in town. I have friends who own stores in town.

They say nobody has money and all they see are people come and go and dont even thank them. This town is full of story telling tire kickers who just handle product and as one says, suck up AC.

Both friends are considering closing down and going where people are not affraid to spend money. They also say people barter and trade amoung themselves too much here and it leaves businesses high and dry. They say locals dont spend money with newbies either and it has always been that way.
I sat and talked with an old chap about belfast years ago. 4 families ran the place and it was sickening.
I would hate to see both stores pack up and leave but I dont blame them if they do.
SantanaSmith

Huntsville, AL

#13901 Jul 4, 2012
lol I can't believe this topic is going LOL
who do you blame

Lewisburg, TN

#13902 Jul 4, 2012
Who do you blame? It is a fact the the county has been riddled with corruptness for decades. Talk to any longtime local, they love to talk. You will hear about land deals, roads, dirty dealings, closed eyed inspections, perks, elections, handed out jobs and positions. Outsiders have been shun forever. The good ole boys kept together and nothing is done unless the longtime locals give the nod.

No wonder every time something happens the people question them. The more they hush and hold back information the guiltier they look. They think everything is swept under the carpet after time. With what I read alone on Topix, throwing out the 30% crap, some interesting stuff has been happening here.

I am betting they have enough on this place and the people who come and gone to write a book or even a good mini series movie and trust me, it would not be a love story or anywhere close to Mayberry. Do we have to ask elected officials if they plan on being transparent and not obama transparent before they are elected and hold them by contract to it?

So those in charge, who do you blame if people guess and come up with all those accusations when certain questionable actions are taken? Hopefully they are smart enough not to blame the voters, right?
Door shut On the Press

Lewisburg, TN

#13903 Jul 5, 2012
Why blame the voters for does any think the voting machines, voting office, were, are, is, could be crooked?

Who really knows for why when the voting office manager was let go, resigned, or was replaced was there not a complete outside Audit, just to let the public know everything was on the up and up?

Why even vote if your vote don't count or can those voting machines be set to reflect votes for the other person, you did not vote for?

Do locals still service the local voting machines, can those machines be preset?
mc voter

Lewisburg, TN

#13904 Jul 5, 2012
Door shut On the Press wrote:
Why blame the voters for does any think the voting machines, voting office, were, are, is, could be crooked?
Who really knows for why when the voting office manager was let go, resigned, or was replaced was there not a complete outside Audit, just to let the public know everything was on the up and up?
Why even vote if your vote don't count or can those voting machines be set to reflect votes for the other person, you did not vote for?
Do locals still service the local voting machines, can those machines be preset?
If this is true could the state check it out during the election process? Who could you call? It would be best for the person who thinks they have the facts to make the call. Was the rumor true a couple years ago where it was said they closed the door while counting votes? If I was running the elections that would be the last thing I would want to do. I would want to dismiss any doubt.
already over

Nashville, TN

#13905 Jul 6, 2012
they have already picked the local winners, they just have to wait til 8-8 to let you know who won
sad sad sad

Lewisburg, TN

#13906 Jul 9, 2012
Please someone, come and save us.

Trust me, it won't be hard to see what is wrong and make things right. People will be happy to tell their minds and point fingers.

We need a hero and we need one now.

To top things off we have a local council member getting on people because they do not know who he is. How sad is that? I witnessed it once myself and was told by a friend about him doing it to another person and that person was a senior citizen.
The person ought to hide their face and pay back every penny he made because of his sorry leadership. Little does the person know, their type of leadership made us all the embarrassment of all Tennessee. Sounds like a real liberal.

Then the person goes on and ridicules the person for not knowing who he or she was. Hasn't the person made enough of a fool of him or herself in the newspaper and was made fun of by outside newspaper writers who heard of his/her local good ole boy/girl actions?
If I were them I would go around and apologies to folks and show some humbleness. Who cares who they are. In the big, big world outside the county line he or she would be treated as if they were the town idiot.

Today, I go to pick up breakfast at the local hamburger joint that promotes a clown and I am waiting for my order which they screwed up royally.(must be the proper English I spoke) and what walks in all "barefooted" and probably pregnant, ole Daisy Ducky and her county boy boyfriend. Not a word was said to her by anyone. I guess health codes only apply to folks outside the county lines. I have to hand it to another local restaurant who state on the door, "Shirts and shoes are appreciated". Now aint that great country appreciation to the health codes?

Same day we were going to stop in another local eating establishment for dinner and it had a sign painted on their window saying something like "Government Lunch specials" m-f in BIG letters. What?

Why are they catering to the local government folks only? What about the average Joe? What are they saying there? Why are local government workers offered an opportunity to get a discount meal and not Joe Blow and his hard working employees who earn their paychecks???? Sad, Sad, Sad. But that is how they think here.

We will never eat there again......ever. I don't drink but the same place had happy hour until 4 pm, which ended right before Joe's tax paying and hard working crew got off work.

To me, it looks like they either cater to the unemployed local drunks or want to show a happy hour but does not want to give anything away at a discount price,(maybe this is so they can afford to offer the local government workers "only" a less expensive meal).

After reading that inviting sign I just waved at the lonely customer-less server as we were driving away, who was outside the restaurant chain smoking away patiently waiting for a customer. It may just be me, but I think the bench may be a bit too close to the entrance according to state rules for outside smoking and I think it looks bad for the business who serves food. But what do I really care I won't be back. At least if someone who cares reads this, it may help the next guy.

Well none of that is life stopping but not pleasant to live with. Come look for yourself and try to save us and the interesting stuff will surely overwhelm you.
would vote

Lewisburg, TN

#13907 Jul 15, 2012
I just really met rm from the city council and although a democrat he seems to be a good guy and cares for the city. I would vote for him again.
i would too

Lewisburg, TN

#13908 Jul 15, 2012
would vote wrote:
I just really met rm from the city council and although a democrat he seems to be a good guy and cares for the city. I would vote for him again.
I know him personally and he is a good man and does care for the city of lewisburg. Also, he was the only person that caught the $80,000 raises that was being given to a select few in the city that even the auditors did not catch it until he brought it to their attention and the rest of the council. Will vote for him if he runs again and he does speak his mind and lets you know where he stands and is one of the few that will stand up to McRady and his bullying.
Clint

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13909 Jul 15, 2012
would vote wrote:
Is RM Robin Minor or Ronald McCrady?
look at you now

Lewisburg, TN

#13910 Jul 18, 2012
If I meet one more local who has nothing going for themselves who speaks highly of obama, I just may puke.
Why are the communities which support him falling apart and or in shambles? Why are there so many supporters in our local government? The people here who get down on mitt speak of his money. They are nothing more than jealous fools who will be ate up with envy. I will no give a penny to anyone who will vote of obama. Next person who ask for a handout I will ask the question. Most likely people like me support them so don't you think they should at least have the decency to at least vote for those I support?

I can not support those who support this person. He is against business folks who in many cases built their business from the ground up.
I have nothing but respect for those folks who gave all to do something with their lives. He can't even tell the truth to the American people and blame Bush for the rest of his failures.

If I was a CEO and took over a company which was dying. Do you think 3 years later they would accept me blaming it on the last guy if I did not fixed things and I even helped make them worse? The county is full of obama fools and need to be voted out. Ask before you vote next time.
the first

Lewisburg, TN

#13911 Jul 18, 2012
Clint wrote:
<quoted text>Is RM Robin Minor or Ronald McCrady?
sorry, the first
Anonymous

Fayetteville, TN

#13912 Aug 24, 2012
We are in a fine mess - ls it disable or are we doomed?
lewisburg resident

Lewisburg, TN

#13915 Sep 8, 2012
bentleys_n_drama wrote:
Lewisburg? The drug infested corrupted small town of Tennessee. The worst crack cocaine district in probably the southern united states. Everyone has it out for everyone if your not addicted to some type of drug. Its getting really bad in this city. If you plan on moving to Lewisburg. I do not recommend it. Stay far away from that town much as possible.
Excuse everyone in Lewisburg does not do crack and other drugs thank you..You must of been around the wrong crowd of people.....
lewisburg resident

Lewisburg, TN

#13916 Sep 8, 2012
EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE IN LEWISBURG IS NOT A DRUG ADDICT THANK YOU...YOU MUST OF BEEN WITH THE WRONG CROWD OF PEOPLE.LEWISBURG CANNOT HELP WHO YOU GO AROUND. ALL OF LEWISBURG ISNT BAD..GET THE FACTS BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTH PLEASE.
yer right

Lewisburg, TN

#13917 Sep 9, 2012
lewisburg resident wrote:
EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE IN LEWISBURG IS NOT A DRUG ADDICT THANK YOU...YOU MUST OF BEEN WITH THE WRONG CROWD OF PEOPLE.LEWISBURG CANNOT HELP WHO YOU GO AROUND. ALL OF LEWISBURG ISNT BAD..GET THE FACTS BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTH PLEASE.
ma'am, we heard you loud and clear the first time. You did not have to come back on at 2:30 in the morning and shout at us with capital letters. You are right, I did see someone in town who was not a drug addict, but upon further review I found out he was from brentwood and lost.

Of course not all people are drug addicts. It was a silly comment even to respond to. But I guess the late night/early morning hours along with the cheap beer and smokes affected your thinking. No facts needed.

This place does have major problems but as long as they all get theirs, it is business as usual.

Well off to work I go, a lot of community members rely on me to contribute to their welfare checks and may be a little upset if I don't pull my share of the cart they have been riding in all their lazy lives..
Dana

Lewisburg, TN

#13918 Sep 12, 2012
peanuthead22 wrote:
whatever, drugs are everywhwere, quit having tunnel vision!!!!!!!<quoted text>
, Pulaski is no different I lived there all of my life drug addiction is everywhere and it's not the towns it's the corrupt people living in them!! Not everyone will fall into drugs!!
Dana

Lewisburg, TN

#13919 Sep 12, 2012
Drug abuse an drug deals are everywhere you go now,it's not just the town of Lewisburg it's Pulaski,Lawerenceburg,Columbia ,and Mt.Pleasant. It's pretty much everywhere you go now. It's not the towns that are corrupt it's some of the people in it, the town it self is not going to make you into a drug abuser or drug dealer it's the choice you will make on your own! No sense in hating on the towns we live in,it's some of the people in the towns that make it look bad. There are alot of really good people who live in Lewisburg,Giles county and places like that, no need in bashing our homes!!! You have your own opinion I just think it's not a very good one, and thats my opinion!
right

Nashville, TN

#13920 Sep 14, 2012
but lewisburg is a town like no other, so many corrupt folks in the local government , and they allow there own to steal from tax money
heard it first hand

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13921 Sep 14, 2012
right wrote:
but lewisburg is a town like no other, so many corrupt folks in the local government , and they allow there own to steal from tax money
They take care of each other and relatives are dumb enough to brag about it in public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 9 min ProfileOne 8,638
760 Illegal Children Dumped In Tennessee 33 min Time for a real c... 24
Can You Believe That A Loser Mommie is Sueing t... Sat Bethany 4
Job Info Nichion Sat kissmygrits 1
Is Topix of Lewisburg a good place to get hones... Sat slick 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Sep 13 TheRealZeke 9,435
I miss Mae Sep 13 birds of a feather 26
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE