Comments
1 - 20 of 111 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Say it Loud

Granite Falls, NC

#1 May 14, 2009
Lenoir NC 28645, sucks! what a waste land !
gv4l

Granite Falls, NC

#2 May 14, 2009
Say it Loud wrote:
Lenoir NC 28645, sucks! what a waste land !
Wasteland is actually one word.
Ouch

Valdese, NC

#3 May 14, 2009
LoL we are an all american city featured in a prominant magazine people!! Never mind that Yahoo News had Lenoir/Hickory/Morganton listed as the 2nd worst mid-sized cities in the US to find a job in....
Say it Loud

Granite Falls, NC

#4 May 14, 2009
gv4l wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasteland is actually one word.
Thanks

Here U go! Wasteland and it still ='s Lenoir NC
Say it Loud

Granite Falls, NC

#5 May 14, 2009
Ouch wrote:
LoL we are an all american city featured in a prominant magazine people!! Never mind that Yahoo News had Lenoir/Hickory/Morganton listed as the 2nd worst mid-sized cities in the US to find a job in....
Why did Yahoo News not find it First Worst ?
I do !

Since: Apr 09

Lenoir, NC

#6 May 14, 2009
You don't like it...MOVE!

If people would take pride in this city instead of constantly bashing it maybe things would improve. If I were thinking of moving my business here and heard all the crap you guys were talking, I would consider somewhere else for sure.
trafdlo

Barnesville, OH

#7 May 14, 2009
I am Lenoir born and bred...kiss ol wastelands ass and I'll give you thirty second tour of Valmede if you'll let me get ahold of that dumbass head of your's you nasty ass somewhereelser. I hope you go to a place where global warming is like Alaska you dipstick.
gv4l

Granite Falls, NC

#8 May 14, 2009
Her Majesty wrote:
If people would take pride in this city instead of constantly bashing it maybe things would improve. If I were thinking of moving my business here and heard all the crap you guys were talking, I would consider somewhere else for sure.
I mean come’ on now... do you really consider this place a city? Where did you live before here... Hooterville???
bbg

Morganton, NC

#9 May 14, 2009
trafdlo wrote:
I am Lenoir born and bred...kiss ol wastelands ass and I'll give you thirty second tour of Valmede if you'll let me get ahold of that dumbass head of your's you nasty ass somewhereelser. I hope you go to a place where global warming is like Alaska you dipstick.
If it's the worst why do this little one still hang on here? Let's get it a ticket to Texas.
Say it Loud

Granite Falls, NC

#10 May 14, 2009
bbg wrote:
<quoted text>If it's the worst why do this little one still hang on here? Let's get it a ticket to Texas.
Ejoy Texas,
Hope you get a ticket soon ! Bye

Have you ever been to Texas? Is it nice?
gv4l

Granite Falls, NC

#11 May 14, 2009
I just watched a few moments ago a segment on AC360 about Western N.C. being the worst place in the country to find a job. Even the Hispanics had an advocate on there... evidently they are having it rough too.

Since: Apr 09

Lenoir, NC

#12 May 14, 2009
gv4l wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean come’ on now... do you really consider this place a city? Where did you live before here... Hooterville???
I was born here. I've lived in Los Angles and Boston also. And being that Lenoir has "city limits" it is considered a city...though not a very big one. Maybe if some of these other idiots would move to what you consider a city then they would appreciate Lenoir for what it is.
Say it Loud

Granite Falls, NC

#13 May 14, 2009
Her Majesty wrote:
No businesses are moving to Lenoir!
It's not that their is anything wrong with Lenoir or it's local residents, I'm bashing Lenoir just it's leadership.

The city of Lenoir and Caldwell County have been ran very very poorly by it's elected officials.
Lenoir's Mayor, City Council and the Caldwell County Council members have done a poor job of bringing new business and industry to our town.

Remember to Vote, in the next election.
gv4l

Granite Falls, NC

#14 May 14, 2009
Her Majesty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born here. I've lived in Los Angles and Boston also. And being that Lenoir has "city limits" it is considered a city...though not a very big one. Maybe if some of these other idiots would move to what you consider a city then they would appreciate Lenoir for what it is.
It's not a City... more like a pity...
joe

Lenoir, NC

#15 May 14, 2009
Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that their is anything wrong with Lenoir or it's local residents, I'm bashing Lenoir just it's leadership.
The city of Lenoir and Caldwell County have been ran very very poorly by it's elected officials.
Lenoir's Mayor, City Council and the Caldwell County Council members have done a poor job of bringing new business and industry to our town.
I disagree with you some what, there is nothing wrong with our commissioners now as in so much as the employers of the past. The politics of the Brohills and Bernhardts in the past to keep a stong workforce for them and other businesses out of Caldwell is what hurt Lenoir the most.
Working around Lenoir close to 45 years and seeing the businesses kept out of Leoir by them wasn't funny. Control was their game. Businesses that wanted to come and pay more than them were kept out.We could have and should have been a more deversed city but they wanted cheap labor and got it. With them being in politics they could protect themselves and did.
tammy

Saint Cloud, FL

#16 May 14, 2009
Say it Loud wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree i voted this last time and i sure didnt vote for wats in there now the ones in there now r for them selves
Lookinthemirror

Lexington, KY

#17 May 14, 2009
A city or county is only as good or as bad as it's citizens.
trafdlo

Barnesville, OH

#18 May 14, 2009
Lenoir is the epicenter of furniture. Moderen industrial made furniture began here. we got left behind because of the people here, hell we had tent revivals here in the fifties all over the place. We had no hiways or good railroads systems to carry the furniture out and supplies in, the Broyhills and the Coffeys Bernhardt and the Kincaids brought people in from TN, SC, VA, GA, KY not a whole lot stayed they also went to Hickory, Morganton and High Point. Our beliefs in religion and strict lives required us to be at home on Saturday and carry water to wash clothes, feed the hogs and chickens took all our time and this little place began losing business to the other before mentioned towns and we now suffer for being simple and God fearing.

Look around we have a creek that is absolutly a wonder Wison Creek we can go fishing and hunting and camping and hiking. This place is heaven to me simple, why yes but damn I love it. I was going to town the other day and a Coyote run accross the road, one day I counted 53 deer in about a seven mile streach of road, Grey Fox come by the house and wild turkey, i got a pair of old timers red Headed woodpeckers that have raise about four years right here on my land for the past three years I had a pair of Hawks to raise their young right here....right up here on Lizard Ridge. I caught an 18 to 20" Rainbow trout yesterday.
I love Caldwell and I have been in VA and heare people talking about Bear hunting and deer hunting in Caldwell county, People in Va come down here and get their ramps for their ramp festivals,music we have it good old shit kicking stuff God bless America and God bless Caldwell county.
If you don't like it I'll be glad to give you directions on where to go and it is warm let me tell ya.
gv4l

Granite Falls, NC

#19 May 14, 2009
Lookinthemirror wrote:
A city or county is only as good or as bad as it's citizens.
We are not just about being bad or good... we are an extremely ignorant society. Most of us are diseased from our excessive living. In China they are much more disciplined. We need to figure out how to get them hooked on bad habits. If we raise the price of all our fast to say...$35 for a burger and fries and make China's prices for fast food dirt cheap. Let them get sick and slow… then we can take back our great country. This is modern day genocide here in America... People are so blind.
gv4l

Granite Falls, NC

#20 May 14, 2009
edit: If we raise the price of all our fastfood

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of Hudson- Alcohol Vote 3 hr Sensible 60
Please Nuke Lenoir 4 hr Pissed 1
Gay marriage is on its way, folks. 5 hr no reason 60
Eola Beer Company 9 hr Duh 12
Caldwell County law enforcement spends over 200... 14 hr Militia Annihilation 1
Shouting erupts over Veterans Memorial plans 17 hr creepycrawlers 6
Sammy Sturgill Sat ncboy 2
•••
•••
•••