RHODHISS CITIZEN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

As of June 2009,the town of Rhodhiss started a noise oridence against George's on the lake,saying it was to loud.Due to their being a band on fri.and sat.nights.The committee started complaining about the noise or should i say certain people.George went to the town of Rhodhiss and tried to come to an agreement about a oridence,they've been numerous of noise readings done by the town officer,which were in complience of the noise oridence.Still people continue to call in complaints to the Police Dept.It is now May of 2010 and the town commissioners can't come to a accurant noise reading for George's.How much more time do they need???? There was a meeting on Tues.May 11,they went into a closed session meeting to discuss this issue,still nothing was resolved.That is sad,heck Obama passed a health care bill faster.Alot of people don't care for George's that has been made obvious,but it's a great place,great food,friendly atmosphere,and they've worked damn hard to clean it up and make it look nice.Everyone needs to come and check it out and support them..
URaHYpoCRYte

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

So what is it? Are they trying to shut down the ONLY business in Rhodhiss?
NOFLAKEpotatoPLS

Salisbury, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

We went to George's on the lake tonight for the first time and ordered the Prime Rib specail for $16.99 with two sides (you are allowed to select three or four sides for the price and they were mashed potato, salad and veggie(?). Our waitress Ashely S. did a good job checking on us throughout the meal and offered prompt service for items we needed. We both ordered salad and potato for our sides. The salad came and literally 2 minutes later our main course was delivered - not good. We ate the salad as fast as possible so our food would not get cold. The prime rib was very good - but the potato (which they called mashed potatoes) were actually INSTANT POTATIES FROM A BOX! Who in the world serves INSTANT POTATOES with PRIME RIB??? George on the lake, that's who.
The waitress asked if we wanted our mashed potatoes loaded? So the instant potatoes came with shredded cheese on top (which did not melt) and bacon bits - that did help to add some flavor, which they desperately needed! We should have known when we asked for baked potatoes and they waitress said, "We only offer those on special occasions." that we were in trouble. If we had upgraded to red skinned potatoes (or any other side-other than the three he allows you to pick) it would have increased the price. We think for $16.99 George could afford to upgrade to a real potato - not a flaked potato out of a box - we will not return.

Since: Jun 10

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

Oh lord don't get me started about George's. i took my wife there for our first date and i'm DANG sure she's a laid back woman (she married me this past spring after all so she must be lol!1). but ok so we went on our first date there and the whole time she kept sayin that she was cold and askin them to turn the a/c down. i was sweatin bullets, and i don't know if thats because i'm warm natured and always perspire a little more than my friends or if it was just the nerves, but she was uncomfortable. i asked them TWICE to turn it down just a little and i swear we must have gotten a waiter that couldn't understand our nation's language because he basically ignored us. to top it all off i went in the bathroom half way through super and those stalls were worse than the run-in gas station off of hwy 18. i told my wife, i said to her "honey if you give me another shot i promise you i'll make you dang sure you don't regret it." a couple weeks later we ate at Meedo's italian restaurant and saw how to really get treated by a wait staff. i can't speak about george's food because i enjoyed everything we ate but the staff nearly cost me the love of my life.

-Childress

“Ready to eat! LOL”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

I have not tried Georges on the Lake personally I have heard that it is to expensive for what its worth. Hell I know its not romantic but me and my ex wife use to go to shoneys if we wanted a nice meal in peace. We both could eat and she loved the french toast sticks although it is always best to get them when there hot. When you go ask for Krystal I hope she works there still she was a real sweetheart but sassy a great gal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Lenoir Forum right now

Search the Lenoir Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min Victoria 56,272
how to scare burglars 16 min Black Night 2
why do the Arabs hate the Jews so much? 17 min bld moon 1
Dos Amigos 1 hr Defender 10
Gay marriage is on its way, folks. 6 hr eat a fat one 5
How to Restore iPhone 4S Data with Ease (Aug '13) 8 hr byoefey 13
Town of Hudson- Alcohol Vote 9 hr elsie 36
Affair with boss 10 hr UNC 38
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lenoir Jobs