Comments
61 - 80 of 154 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2013
Johnny Superstar

United States

#63 Mar 5, 2010
I went to Woody's church last week. I was getting worried about my hearing. Mr. Martin led me down to the front of the church where he put his hands over my ears and yelled "Shaboogity Shaboogity Haasahnda Besoto Knick Knack Patty Whack" then he looked at me and asked about my hearing. I said "I don't know yet, my hearing isn't until next Wednesday." He then proclaimed that there was a devil inside of me, and he started beating me about the head and shoulders with the biggest King James Version I've ever seen. I fell down and hit my head on one of the pews. I think im going deaf.
What

Knoxville, TN

#64 Mar 16, 2010
Well had he have you marching around his barrel and how many times did you do that.

I have been there. I know him for many years,and I wouldn't go into my front yard to hear hima again. So enjoy if you can, maybe you need to go all the time.
Bill Teague

Maryville, TN

#65 Mar 16, 2010
"What" needs to go to school and learn how to write instead of worrying about Woddy's Church.
william

Nashville, TN

#66 Apr 22, 2010
my mother went to woodys church years ago,I can tell you for sure that woody is on his way to avery hot burning HELL. sorry woody,turn or burn!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Teague

Maryville, TN

#67 Apr 22, 2010
William, all I can say to you is "Judge not that yea be not judged" You can't tell any one anything for sure!!!
Rick Tallent--LC native

Beaumont, TX

#68 Apr 25, 2010
Here's the summary: IF you don't like Woody Martin, or, don't trust him, or don't-whatever, there are a lot of other churches in the area of every possible belief structure to attend. All this public crucifying of WM does is make the un-saved think that Jesus is a fraud and so, all of his ministers are. I may not agree with a lot of what I have seen of WM on his BET TV show, but to turn the attention away from leading people to Jesus and to our opinion of a man's "failings" makes us responsible for turning them away from Jesus-period. Why not spend this energy reaching people with the Word of Salvation intead??? Why??? because all we want to do is sit on the sidelines and criticise. "Monday-morning Quarterbacks" and false prophets are just alike: both are useless to the Cause of Christ.
Church membre

Maryville, TN

#69 Apr 25, 2010
Rick, I couldn't have said it better. Rick Tallent for Mayor.
oral robertson

AOL

#70 Apr 25, 2010
Rick Tallent--LC native wrote:
Here's the summary: IF you don't like Woody Martin, or, don't trust him, or don't-whatever, there are a lot of other churches in the area of every possible belief structure to attend. All this public crucifying of WM does is make the un-saved think that Jesus is a fraud and so, all of his ministers are. I may not agree with a lot of what I have seen of WM on his BET TV show, but to turn the attention away from leading people to Jesus and to our opinion of a man's "failings" makes us responsible for turning them away from Jesus-period. Why not spend this energy reaching people with the Word of Salvation intead??? Why??? because all we want to do is sit on the sidelines and criticise. "Monday-morning Quarterbacks" and false prophets are just alike: both are useless to the Cause of Christ.
thaTS EXACTLY WHAT WOODIES MINISTRY IS USELESS TO THE CAUSE OF CHRIST.IF IT WASNT FOR PEGGY GETTING 10 SECOND TO GIVE THE A.B.C OF SALVATION NOTHING AT ALL WOULD BE WORTH LISTENING TO
Rick Tallent

Beaumont, TX

#71 Apr 25, 2010
IF you feel so strongly, at least be man enough to use your real name and quit hiding your identity. Oh, and remember: the same rules you use to judge someone else are the same ones that the Lord will use to judge you. Are you reaching many for Jesus or just creating controversy? My daddy used to say, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Maybe it's time to PRAY FOR Woody Martin and his ministry rathr than spend your time publicly criticising and defaming him..The Apostle Paul, by the way, would tell you to simply SHUT-UP. Maybe that's what everyone should do concerning Woody Martin: Pray for him in the Prayer Closet and keep our mouths shut in public.

By the way, I will not be reviewing any further comments, so if you have something to say worth saying to me, then contact me directly.....my name is on this comment and I'm easy to find.
POPE PAUL XXV

Knoxville, TN

#72 Apr 25, 2010
Rick Tallent wrote:
IF you feel so strongly, at least be man enough to use your real name and quit hiding your identity. Oh, and remember: the same rules you use to judge someone else are the same ones that the Lord will use to judge you. Are you reaching many for Jesus or just creating controversy? My daddy used to say, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Maybe it's time to PRAY FOR Woody Martin and his ministry rathr than spend your time publicly criticising and defaming him..The Apostle Paul, by the way, would tell you to simply SHUT-UP. Maybe that's what everyone should do concerning Woody Martin: Pray for him in the Prayer Closet and keep our mouths shut in public.
By the way, I will not be reviewing any further comments, so if you have something to say worth saying to me, then contact me directly.....my name is on this comment and I'm easy to find.
MAYBE THE APOSTLE PAUL WOULD TEL YOU THE SAME THING, AND I WOULDNT WATSE A GALLON OF GAS TO LOOK FOR EITHER YOU OR WOODIE IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY
Alumni

AOL

#73 Apr 25, 2010
And perhaps if someone opposed Hitler in 1938, they should have been told to shut up. (Yes, I just compared Woody to Hitler; I think the ability to amass mindless followers is uncanny.)
richard alan claus

Knoxville, TN

#74 May 3, 2010
Rick Tallent wrote:
your daddy should have written in the book of proverbs.too bad you didnt listen to him
2good4 u

Loudon, TN

#75 May 11, 2010
Don't know anything about it. Sorry.
michael smerdell cw ohio

Powell, OH

#76 May 14, 2010
hello Prophet woody martin. i visited full gospel church fort laud florida dr. parks church. i was a young christian then in 1992. i was so excited when i saw sometimes 5,10 even 15 miracles in one night. i still remember the messages. one night when the anointing came upon you i was up front standing i believe i was seeing a vision. as i was praising God i saw a door open and i said Lord i see D E V I L in letters at the door and i remember kicking the letters out and they moved. next i said lord come into my life and at that moment pastor woody placed his hand on my shoulder and i recieved a much needed miracle. it came true.
i saw onetime a old man around 80-90 sit across from me and pastor woody said sir stand up God is going to heal you so the man stood up and pastor said you don't need this cain anymore and he told someone to throw it in the back somewhere. he laid hands on the man and he bent over and stood up stagering and pastor grabbed him by the hand and said you want to go don't you. the man walked, then faster then he ran and this was a man i saw slowly stumble in. i witnessed many miracles and recieved many while he was under the annointing. you'll never take that away from me. yes i grabbed an envelope sometimes but i was giving it to God no matter what the pastor did with it i gave it to God. He is a prophet of God and a powerful one. pastor there are some things that i have read in these letters that have some weight to them. Money!
Father God send someone to brother Martin and let his eyes be open. I will stand by my brother Prophet Woody Martin and I will talk to him about it only if God tells me. i wish i was so annointed
love you pastor
Edward Scissorhands

Norris, TN

#77 May 27, 2010
Who cut woody?and whats the deal with the wamplers
MAYOR

Norris, TN

#78 May 29, 2010
yes does anyone know what they are talking about when they say the wamplers involved and someone cutting him.just curious.
ex Judge

Maryville, TN

#79 May 29, 2010
Mayor, quit being a nosy rosy and worry about your own business. I'm sure there are many people in Sevierville you can wonder about!!!!!!!!
j w bobbett

Norris, TN

#80 Jun 6, 2010
it aint fun i know he done some suffering!!
FunnyMan

Norris, TN

#81 Jun 15, 2010
ex judge

Seymour, TN

#82 Jun 15, 2010
"Funny Man" I sure don't see anything funny about that. It sounds to me like you are making fun. Don't you have more constructive things to do. Don't waste the topix time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lenoir City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min WTSenior 145,739
TBI investigates missing records at Lenoir City... (Jan '11) 5 hr blah blah blah 115
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr TheRealZeke 8,614
deuces wild club (Dec '08) 8 hr Lionskitten 81
Harriman Junk Dealer Phyllis Ellis running for ... 9 hr Whine-O 8
Rural/Metro sues Lenoir City over contractRural... 11 hr ldh 17
Randy Ellis lied about sign donations 12 hr Cindy 3
•••
•••
•••

Lenoir City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••