Lexington County Minister Charged with Child Porn

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Authorities say a South Carolina Baptist minister is charged with distribution of child pornography.
Comments
1 - 20 of 99 Comments Last updated Feb 2, 2008
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 25, 2008
 
And people wonder why I don't go to church anymore...
Go figure

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 25, 2008
 
Who would have thought that christians did anything wrong? You d@mn bible beaters need to take a hard look in the mirror.
columbia

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 25, 2008
 
what church was he a pastor at?
carolina girl

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 25, 2008
 
and who is surprised?
attention:
if you live in lexington county, grab your children and run FAST!!!

“Don't Worry, Be Happy”

Since: Apr 07

Smile...Someone loves you!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 25, 2008
 
Friggin perverted scum of the earth idiot.
EJF Member

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 25, 2008
 
carolina girl wrote:
and who is surprised?
attention:
if you live in lexington county, grab your children and run FAST!!!
But, the good church going citizens banned all sex offenders - NOT.
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 25, 2008
 
Go figure wrote:
Who would have thought that christians did anything wrong? You d@mn bible beaters need to take a hard look in the mirror.
I'll be the first to admit it. I am a Christian AND a sinner! What separates me from this man is that I am a TRUE Christian.

God has given mankind "free will" to CHOSE. Satan can quote scripture AND he lurks everywhere trying to get to those who are vulnerable. That's where "free will" comes in. This man did not chose wisely.

Don't lump "all" Christians in the same group. TRUE Christians don't molest or abuse children (or distribute porn).
Luticia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 25, 2008
 
Another one.......they just keep coming out of the woodworks, don't they?????
underhay

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 25, 2008
 
Luticia wrote:
Another one.......they just keep coming out of the woodworks, don't they?????
woodwork? sad
ly, a lot of them keep coming out of the churches....
Befuddled

Duncan, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 25, 2008
 
Olive Oyl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be the first to admit it. I am a Christian AND a sinner! What separates me from this man is that I am a TRUE Christian.
God has given mankind "free will" to CHOSE. Satan can quote scripture AND he lurks everywhere trying to get to those who are vulnerable. That's where "free will" comes in. This man did not chose wisely.
Don't lump "all" Christians in the same group. TRUE Christians don't molest or abuse children (or distribute porn).
Well stated, Olive.

Some "secular progressives" love to point out others bad behavior as an excuse for theirs.

I'd sure hate to bet eternity on it, though.
concerned counselor

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 25, 2008
 
Luticia wrote:
Another one.......they just keep coming out of the woodworks, don't they?????
No they are in plain site! Talk to your kids early about being coaxed. Finally police are being more aggressive!! now if the laws would catch up; Check fraud seems to get more time than crimes against children!!
copperlady

Elgin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 25, 2008
 
What's going on with these teachers and little kids! I know it's a leap year, but REALLY!!
Tomfoolery

Orangeburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 25, 2008
 
Innocent until proven guilty.Sounds like a set up to me. He looks harmless.
Luticia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 25, 2008
 
underhay wrote:
<quoted text>
woodwork? sad
ly, a lot of them keep coming out of the churches....
You got that right!!! How 'bout those Baptists!

“Soft Touch Hard Cover”

Since: Dec 07

Jersey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 25, 2008
 
Tomfoolery wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty.Sounds like a set up to me. He looks harmless.
It was an undercover investigation, he sent child porn pictures. It's not innocent until proven guilty. There is no such thing. They have the right to a fair trial and it is the Solicitor that has the burden of proof. So, I don't think they would have arrested him if they didn't have enough proof. But, while he's in jail they will probably confiscate his computer and have a search warrant and find a lot more evidence.
Spud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 25, 2008
 
There is no such thing as a "true" Christian. You either accept Christ or you reject Christ. Anyone that is a Christian can fall into sin such as this man has. You mentioned that you have had sin in your life well, your sin is no more or no less than this man's sin so the next time you sin does that mean you are not a Christian?
Olive Oyl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be the first to admit it. I am a Christian AND a sinner! What separates me from this man is that I am a TRUE Christian.
God has given mankind "free will" to CHOSE. Satan can quote scripture AND he lurks everywhere trying to get to those who are vulnerable. That's where "free will" comes in. This man did not chose wisely.
Don't lump "all" Christians in the same group. TRUE Christians don't molest or abuse children (or distribute porn).
Go figure

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 25, 2008
 
Olive Oyl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be the first to admit it. I am a Christian AND a sinner! What separates me from this man is that I am a TRUE Christian.
God has given mankind "free will" to CHOSE. Satan can quote scripture AND he lurks everywhere trying to get to those who are vulnerable. That's where "free will" comes in. This man did not chose wisely.
Don't lump "all" Christians in the same group. TRUE Christians don't molest or abuse children (or distribute porn).
Sounds like a cop out to me. Sounds like when something good happens, we praise God and yet, when something bad happens, well, it has to be Satan. Sounds like a get out of jail free card for christians.
christie

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 25, 2008
 
yet another reason to homeschool your children, you have no idea what kind of sickos are around/teaching your kids.....
Time to Pay the Piper

Lake City, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 25, 2008
 
Tomfoolery wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty.Sounds like a set up to me. He looks harmless.
So did Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, BTK Killer, John Wayne Gacy, etc., etc., etc. If he sent the images, he's guilty, unless he claims someone else was using his computer to send multiple porn images without his knowledge, which would be ludicrous.
underhay

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 25, 2008
 
Go figure wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a cop out to me. Sounds like when something good happens, we praise God and yet, when something bad happens, well, it has to be Satan. Sounds like a get out of jail free card for christians.
the devil made me do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Leesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Leesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Leesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Leesville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••