Teen Charged in Deaths of Family Members

Birmingham, Al Birmingham police have officially charged 18-year-old Donate Callen with the deaths of three family members. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
debi from VA

Covington, VA

#1 Jul 16, 2011
I just watched this horrific story on The First 48. I pray that this young man gets help for the obvious rage he has inside of him. What a sad story for this family.
Kevin Baird

Birmingham, UK

#2 Dec 15, 2011
I have just watched the sad story of the deaths of these three relatives of dontae,,i really feel for this young man,,he never had a chance in his life,,why does this happen to young men in america?..i know his mans life is over but we must investigate the reasons that drive people to this level of brutallity..nothing will compenstate for the lives lost but we must remember that unless we address the issues that make a young man seem that he has no option other than kill his family then it will not be the last.
jennifer

Gadsden, AL

#3 Dec 15, 2011
might be because he has learned no better. Stop having kids you cannot raise with good values. how hard is it now a days to not have children that you evidently have no business raising in the first place. feel sorry for this scum..get real
jennifer

Gadsden, AL

#4 Dec 15, 2011
now for sure the tax payers are still paying for this piece of crap..ya know people have choices
slppp

UK

#5 Dec 21, 2011
U feel for the murderer.... R u people right??
Es a f**** nut case dw deserve a chance.
Lawrence Moody

El Monte, CA

#6 Feb 16, 2012
This is so sad, I appeal to young black men in America to please stop killing each other it is senseless and it's killing our race, why don't young black men value life? That really breaks my heart, God says live and not die, get an education become somebody, be proud
alec

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Feb 17, 2012
This sort of problem deserves full fledged attention. People mess up, but there are almost always socially guiding factors that manifest this sort of action. I truly think that this requires a SERIOUS change. I believe we could fix the issues that result in crime.
A) RELOCATE AND DISPERSE TROUBLE AREAS. IF THERE IS A PATTERN, DISRUPT THE PATTERN. MAKE THEM MOVE. PUT THEM IN PLACES LIKE NEBRASKA SO THEYRE NOT ALL CROWDED
B) MAKE THE TEACHING OF COMPASSION AND HAPPINESS A REQUIREMENT IN SCHOOLS AT A YOUNG AGE BECAUSE CLEARLY PARENTS ARENT DOING IT. OBVIOUSLY IF THEY ARENT BEING TAUGHT GRAMMAR AND A STRONG EDUCATION THE LEAST THEY CAN DO IS LEARN HAPPINESS, THAT IS EASY TO TEACH.
C) ELIMINATE OVERLY, YES OVERLY, LAVISH/LUXURIOUS LIFESTYLES TO GIVE THESE PEOPLE A FAIR LIFE. BEING BORN INTO POVERTY IS A VICIOUS CYCLE. WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FIX THIS
After all, it is 2012. Who are we kidding. Can we have an everybody stop and address the problems realistically day?
Crazyworld

United States

#8 Feb 17, 2012
I just watched this on the first 48 and I can't get it out of my mind,I REALLY want to know what drove him to slaughter his people like that. God help us all.
Anon

New York, NY

#9 Apr 12, 2012
Just watched this episode and cannot get it out of my head either. I feel so terrible for the victims but for this guy as well. He was clearly in a lot of mental anguish and remorseful. Only someone in a poor mental state would be able to commit such a vicious crime. Prayers are with his family and him in prison.
Jen 2

Dayton, TN

#10 Apr 12, 2012
Just keep ur legs closed and dont breed any serial killers..u dont no his mother..did your mother raise u to be ignorant??????
Jen 2

Dayton, TN

#11 Apr 12, 2012
Alec we will move them nextdoor to u..no one knows who is possible of murder.the person u sleep next to could be a murderer.Dontae is wrong and he should be the only person to blame not his parents or environment..the aunt he killed was helping raise him..do u think she raised him to kill her..just stupid
geo storm

Taylor, PA

#12 Jun 26, 2012
I want to really no what triggerd this kid to doin this horrific tradegy assult on his own flesh family
Kra

United States

#14 Aug 2, 2012
That's really an ignorant thing to say. Genocide? I believe that is also uncivilized so add yourself to the list that should be exterminated. Idiot.
Kra

El Monte, CA

#15 Aug 2, 2012
And every race and every social class has serial killers, pedophiles, drug addicts. So don't think your any better than anyone else.
Jack Hughes

Montgomery, AL

#16 Sep 26, 2012
I just saw this episode of First 48. Has the case ever gone to trial? Was he convicted?
Bongblaze

Ajax, Canada

#17 Nov 8, 2012
I say drop this guy off a roof onto 1000 knifes
trixie

Chicago, IL

#18 Dec 11, 2012
I feel sorry for the innocent 12 year old girl that was stabbed to death. And for those of you who feel bad for the ANIMAL that killed her? Take a knife, slice the palm of your hand open and repeat stabbing yourself 30 more times.then tell us how sorry you feel for that POS.
Nyasa

Baldwinsville, NY

#19 Dec 11, 2012
John wrote:
Negros are still hunter gatherers not civilized that's why they kill each other. Only genocide will cure this problem .
More white people are serial killers than other races. You are ignorant to have made such a statement. We could do without ridiculious comments like thAt and the people who have them. By the way i am white.
Hotel Delta

Hollywood, FL

#20 Dec 12, 2012
Nyasa and ur ignorant for assuming hes white.
Jordyn

Milford, MA

#21 Jan 29, 2013
John wrote:
Negros are still hunter gatherers not civilized that's why they kill each other. Only genocide will cure this problem .
Adam Lanza was a "negro"? I'm sorry i wasn't aware of that. Murderers aren't determined by skin color. I'm shocked that there are still ignorant faggots like you around. MOST national headlines of shootings were done by white people. Your a complete idiot!
I think what this kid did was absolutely horrible. People don't just do things of this nature for no reason. I feel bad for him simply because hr had a problem that caused him to do something so heinous, it has ruined his life. My heart goes out..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leeds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls in Dudley? 7 hr Demps90231 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 19,222
Gadsden council, mayor approve Sunday alcohol s... 14 hr Its About Time 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep 17 Annonymous 85
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Centrist 242
Christian Rock Music is Imitation Religious Music Sep 14 lolol 2
add me to facebook (Dec '13) Sep 8 jess duffy 9
•••
•••
Leeds Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Leeds Jobs

•••
•••
•••