new barbershop in netcong

Posted in the Ledgewood Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Paradise

United States

#1 Sep 9, 2010
I can't believe that noone has even mentioned the barbershop that has opened up next to Quickcheck. Are they buzzing heads or getting buzzed???? You cant even park and run into quickcheck. the lot is always full, and when I look the shop is packed with kids hanging out. I find it hard to believe that all those kids are waiting for a haircut.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 9, 2010
I was wondering when someone was going to mention it. You are right. I tried to go to Quick Chek the other day, and could not find a parking space because of all the cars. It is definitely a hang out and not a true place of business.

I was thinking of complaining to Quick Chek to see if they could bring it up to the landlord. Quick Chek has the resources to handle this problem.

It is really more a club than a barber shop. Where is the zoning officer?
YOMASS

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Sep 9, 2010
mature minded wrote:
I was wondering when someone was going to mention it. You are right. I tried to go to Quick Chek the other day, and could not find a parking space because of all the cars. It is definitely a hang out and not a true place of business.
I was thinking of complaining to Quick Chek to see if they could bring it up to the landlord. Quick Chek has the resources to handle this problem.
It is really more a club than a barber shop. Where is the zoning officer?
The zoning officer is fat ralph and I am sure he has noticed it when he drive to quick check and buys his 63 oz gulp and 6 pound weekender sandwhich.

I would take Barri K back if this is what how Ralph is going to handle things.
agent boost

Piscataway, NJ

#4 Sep 9, 2010
when was the last time you saw a barber shop open at 11 pm so much for our new chief doing a great job, eyes wide open. i forgot he now has bankers hours. this town is so screwed up lately. to me this place looks like a front for drugs with a side of hair cut. Oh why should we care they are paying taxes and filling an empty store front, maybe i should open something up myself and go into a shady business and give the little slimy bastards some competition.
mad 15

Norwalk, CT

#5 Sep 9, 2010
Well you can thank Ralph for that!! Don't blame it on the Chief. He has patrolmen to do that. They work all kinds of shifts. I believe any Chief does work 9am to 5pm. And don't forget any Chief is on 24/7. Go ahead open up your busineess.....don't worry Ralph willgive you the big OK!!!!LOL
Excuse Me

Parlin, NJ

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Don't blame the Chief for this place being over looked. He has a lot of things to do; not just worry about them. Whoever let them in there is to blame.
agent boost

Piscataway, NJ

#7 Sep 9, 2010
if he is 24/7 an has so much going on im only around part time and i see so much wrong, please cut me a break or my hair or an 8 ball or half ounce. A lot of young kids in the area to have some sort of drug deal gone bad what the hell are we paying for patrolman hanging out at their budies house please
Hey

Parlin, NJ

#8 Sep 10, 2010
agent boost wrote:
if he is 24/7 an has so much going on im only around part time and i see so much wrong, please cut me a break or my hair or an 8 ball or half ounce. A lot of young kids in the area to have some sort of drug deal gone bad what the hell are we paying for patrolman hanging out at their budies house please
Tell ya what....live in their shoes for one day. You think it's easy? If you have all these concerns, why don't you report it to the PD but I would bet that the they are already aware of the situation. Don't you know...Criminals have all the rights. Just ask Johnny JO.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 10, 2010
I would like to see the following spots along the wall 10 minute parking and along the street side 30 minute parking, then in force that make some CASH. But since this is a private parking lot I am not sure if it can be enforce.

Next I would like to see a street cleaning company come in at least 2 times a week to wash the parking lot. Then have someone spray down the walls and side walks with a power washer. To get rid of that really bad odor from all the smokers.
WTF2

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Sep 10, 2010
Sparkle13 Please grow up!

Location hidden

#11 Sep 10, 2010
I understand that the police must enforce the law, but I think that this is not INITIALLY their problem until the "barber" breaks the law.

The responsibility lies with the Zoning Officer, and to an extent the mayor and council.

You are absolutely right when you ask: who gave them the ok to open the store? did that person ask any questions as to their hours of business?

The police do not make that kind of decision. I am not sticking up for anyone. I am just saying that when you open a business in town, you do not go to the police for a CO. You go to the zoning officer.

Because the zoning officer did not do the job, the police are now stuck with a problem that may take a long time to fix which is not easy because every one has "rights".

Quick Chek should also get involved if they are monopolizing the parking lot.

This should have all been discussed and gone over before the "barber" moved in.

Now it is up to Ralph to put on one of his hats and fix it.
Excuse Me

Parlin, NJ

#12 Sep 10, 2010
agent boost wrote:
What people like you don't understand is, police can't arrest somebody for looking like they've been doing/done something wrong. If a kid looks like a drug dealer, then can't profile him. They have to investigate, and make sure the person is committing a crime before they can take care of certain problems.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 10, 2010
Excuse Me wrote:
<quoted text>
What people like you don't understand is, police can't arrest somebody for looking like they've been doing/done something wrong. If a kid looks like a drug dealer, then can't profile him. They have to investigate, and make sure the person is committing a crime before they can take care of certain problems.
you are right and that is why it is the responsibility of the zoning officer to tackle this problem immediately.

Uranus

#14 Sep 10, 2010
Excuse Me wrote:
Don't blame the Chief for this place being over looked. He has a lot of things to do; not just worry about them. Whoever let them in there is to blame.
I don't agree. The buck stops at the top. The barbershop mess couldn't be more noticeable and if it does not deserve attention then he has the wrong priorities. How much can there really be to do in a town this size?

Although I suppose some blame could be given to "whoever let them in", in reality, how can you keep a barber shop out? In addition, totally blaming whoever let them in would be like blaming motorvehicle department for all the drunk drivers on our roads. It is what it is and it has to be dealt with.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 10, 2010
If they are not committing a crime, but are causing a problem that stems from having this business, it is a zoning issue.

It was and is a zoning issue until they commit a crime.

Uranus

#16 Sep 10, 2010
mature minded wrote:
If they are not committing a crime, but are causing a problem that stems from having this business, it is a zoning issue.
It was and is a zoning issue until they commit a crime.
Drug dealing and the shop being used as a front for this was brought up earlier.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#17 Sep 11, 2010
Please splain wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug dealing and the shop being used as a front for this was brought up earlier.
wow. bring your evidence to the police. do you have the drug deal on tape?

Uranus

#18 Sep 11, 2010
Web Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>wow. bring your evidence to the police. do you have the drug deal on tape?
Agent Boost actually brought it up earlier in this posting- I was just adding to the discussion. Where there's smoke there's usually fire though and the police should look into it. It's a far cry from a respectable looking barbershop.

Uranus

#19 Sep 11, 2010
PS- We pay police to get evidence.
Fat Ralph

Parlin, NJ

#20 Sep 12, 2010
It is not J.B. who should handle this. It is I,King Ralph. I will look into the matter after iI get my free hair cut. Also, Sparkle is a kook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ledgewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netcong, NJ, councilman and St. Michael's churc... (Oct '10) Nov 21 Chad 96
accident Nov 21 Nuts 5
Elimination of manned express checked out - S... Nov 15 From Town 2
Netcong Elementary School students promise to b... Nov 11 Proud 1
Task Force (Nov '13) Nov 10 Bewildered 21
netcong auto restorers Nov 4 karma 3
No zoning for Ralph Oct 29 Ralph Does What H... 5

Winter Storm Watch for Morris County was issued at November 24 at 3:31PM EST

Ledgewood News Video

Ledgewood Dating