Changes in the Town of Lebanon!

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Harris

Lebanon, VA

#1 Jul 20, 2010
Well...we are still waiting for the big change that was going to take place in the town of Lebanon when the voters throwed Lynn Tatum off and replaced her with Doyle Fields the school bus driver. Can someone tell me what has changed? We threw off a lady who has a Master's degree and is a Human Resource Consultant for a large Company (CGI) for a school bus driver with a high school diploma. Did I miss the change??
Pruitt

Lebanon, VA

#2 Jul 20, 2010
According to the Lebanon news I just purchased for this week. We are getting new sidewalks. Is that enough change??? LMAO
Jackson

Lebanon, VA

#3 Jul 20, 2010
Thats too funny; a school bus driver over top a lady with a Master's degree to help make decisions about what is best for the Town of Lebanon. I guess thats why they pushed her off, she disagreed with a Murderer being a "patrolman". Birds of the feather flock together my momma always said.
Joy

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jul 20, 2010
Pruitt wrote:
According to the Lebanon news I just purchased for this week. We are getting new sidewalks. Is that enough change??? LMAO
New Sidewalks? I do declare, I was just thinking Lebanon was perfect except for those sidewalks.
hello

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jul 20, 2010
sidewalks are replaced every few months, seems like anyway...
Leb Citizen

Lebanon, VA

#6 Jul 20, 2010
It's all just a big tax write off. What's next another Bank?? lol.
sameoldcounty

United States

#7 Jul 21, 2010
Russell County has always been crooked, it's nothin new. I think there was a post concerning salaries of the officials which sorta ties into this.

My great grandpaw was a janitor at one of the high schools in Russell County a long time ago and worked for the school system for 23 years and didn't draw a DIME's worth of pension which would have been small I know but would have helped, they told him that he retired 3 months too early...lol ain't that rich! after slaving for almost a quarter of a century.

So getting the raw deal in this county is nothin new.

My folks have told me stories about some of the older Lebanon elite. They use to call Maynard Wallace "hogman" because he was greedy.

Smiley Ratliff and Footsie Pratt use to hang out with this older man that I knew and I've heard stories about them as well.

Nothin ever really changes in Lebanon, just the faces and names.

Jackson

Lebanon, VA

#8 Jul 21, 2010
same old county wrote:
Russell County has always been crooked, it's nothing new. I think there was a post concerning salaries of the officials which sorta ties into this.
My great grandpa was a janitor at one of the high schools in Russell County a long time ago and worked for the school system for 23 years and didn't draw a Dime's worth of pension which would have been small I know but would have helped, they told him that he retired 3 months too early...lol ain't that rich! after slaving for almost a quarter of a century.
So getting the raw deal in this county is nothing new.
My folks have told me stories about some of the older Lebanon elite. They use to call Maynard Wallace "hogman" because he was greedy.
Smiley Ratliff and Footsie Pratt use to hang out with this older man that I knew and I've heard stories about them as well.
Nothin ever really changes in Lebanon, just the faces and names.
You can take it to the bank they are making big salaries now. In 2007-2008 go to
www.tricities.com Click on Tools and scroll down to Government salaries and just type any county or town workers name and you will find where our damn tax money is going and why we can't have a damn rec park or movie theatre, etc. Big lined pockets and big retirement for these bastards we are electing and they are not doing one damn thing to help us. Here we set with NO JOBS IN THE COUNTY AND ABOUT 40 BANKS, 40 HAMBURGER JOINTS, AND WALMART!
Its time to send every damn one of these BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, JIM GILLISPIE, "ALICE", ALL THE BOARD MEMBERS (WHICH IS THE SAME PEOPLE) AND VOTE IN SOME NEW BLOOD.
Let these old Crooks go home and see how its like to drive across two states to get to a job. Oh hell, none of them will be driving no where because most of them are so damn old they couldn't get a job anywhere else. IT'S TIME FOR THE WHOLE CROOKED CREW TO GO!!
Jackson

Lebanon, VA

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Leb Citizen wrote:
It's all just a big tax write off. What's next another Bank?? lol.
Don't forget the Murderer/Chris Carrier's salary. About $30,000 a year we could save to hire a damn decent police officer and send him through the academy to train him. We are the only Town or County in the State that has a damn MURDERER protecting our streets. Did anyone do a background check on this clown before they hired him???? Or did they just sliddddddddddddddde him under the rug until they could get him a job as patrolman. If Ron Davis let this piece of shit go through the academy, then they should have run Ron Davis off from the Academy and got a new Director. And what JUDGE swore this piece of shit in as police officer??????????
Jessee

Lebanon, VA

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Jackson,,,
Are you behind time or what? Doug Cooley is the Academy Director now and I personally don't think he would let this piece of shit come through SVCJTA. It had to be Ron Davis. There has been a new Director for sometime now and new Board members. Our Local Sheriff, Steve Dye is a board member. Why do you think Doug Scales got out of the "Little click" in the Town of Lebanon and went over to TRAIN police officers. Don't think he would have let this criminal in through the doors at the Academy. This is a new Academy. Chris Carrier- A Murderer with a record like this would not of got an application over there now. It's a whole new generation over there at the Academy now, no more "good-old" boy syndrome. That's why Sheriff Dye started hiring the best he could find with NO RECORD regardless of his political affiliation. Democrat or Republican, if you are of good character, good background check, Sheriff Dye will hire the best!
Hurt

Lebanon, VA

#11 Jul 21, 2010
hello wrote:
sidewalks are replaced every few months, seems like anyway...
Uh, I think Mike Duty/Town Mgr. is trying to line Ken Morrison/Contractor's pockets too and spread a little of the tax dollars around. It's an "under-the-table" bid, the public don't get to know about. Thats why they had to throw Lynn Tatum off, she don't understand the way politics works.
Debby

Lebanon, VA

#12 Jul 21, 2010
hello wrote:
sidewalks are replaced every few months, seems like anyway...
Why? They wont let you walk on them. You have to be on the walking trails at J.S. Easterly Park or the track behind the Town Hall so you will be protected from all the druggies, I was told. Or, you might get run over by a man on a lawn mower with a woman in the back of his trailer he pulls behind the lawn mower. Town of Lebanon is trying their hardest to make good sidewalks for our lawn mowers. lol
Fransico

Lebanon, VA

#13 Jul 21, 2010
sameoldcounty wrote:
Russell County has always been crooked, it's nothin new. I think there was a post concerning salaries of the officials which sorta ties into this.
My great grandpaw was a janitor at one of the high schools in Russell County a long time ago and worked for the school system for 23 years and didn't draw a DIME's worth of pension which would have been small I know but would have helped, they told him that he retired 3 months too early...lol ain't that rich! after slaving for almost a quarter of a century.
So getting the raw deal in this county is nothin new.
My folks have told me stories about some of the older Lebanon elite. They use to call Maynard Wallace "hogman" because he was greedy.
Smiley Ratliff and Footsie Pratt use to hang out with this older man that I knew and I've heard stories about them as well.
Nothin ever really changes in Lebanon, just the faces and names.
You can bet, trace the roots and it will bring you back where it all started to the main frame. Trace the name of anyone in the system, and see if it dont end up in some politician's hand is how they got their job, etc. It's just handed down through the generations, nothing new.
Curtis

Lebanon, VA

#14 Jul 21, 2010
Hahahahahah you guys are such great detectives..... Pathetic!
puppets on a string

Blacksburg, VA

#15 Jul 21, 2010
As far as I am concerned the Lebano Town Council is a JOKE, it is like puppets on strings, dance Mike Duty, dance. You go to them with a problem or concern andtheytry ad turn it aroound and make it your personal problem. Lynn is better off not being on the council, she would be the eagoat if they needed one because she did not fit into their little "Mason Lodge" group. I am surprised they have let Deanna stay there as long as she has been. Lets face it this town is all it is ever going to be , because if it is a small town without big companies they can keep their thumb on what is happening and who it is happening to or happening for. They will never side with a "working man", even if they know he is right because it will make the puppet strings tangle and they will all fall down. Not exactly who is the puppet master, but he/she is doing a heck of a job keeping the steps in line. But one of these days those string are going to become worn and when one puppet falls they will all be in a tangled mess lying in a pile,then the puppet master will not have control.
buckets and strang

Fairfax, VA

#16 Jul 21, 2010
Do you think those bucket and strang people got anything to do with the puppet and strang people? Seems like some sort of deviltry must be going on there. What was them bucket and strang people up to, anyway?
Childress

Lebanon, VA

#17 Jul 21, 2010
puppets on a string wrote:
As far as I am concerned the Lebano Town Council is a JOKE, it is like puppets on strings, dance Mike Duty, dance. You go to them with a problem or concern andtheytry ad turn it aroound and make it your personal problem. Lynn is better off not being on the council, she would be the eagoat if they needed one because she did not fit into their little "Mason Lodge" group. I am surprised they have let Deanna stay there as long as she has been. Lets face it this town is all it is ever going to be , because if it is a small town without big companies they can keep their thumb on what is happening and who it is happening to or happening for. They will never side with a "working man", even if they know he is right because it will make the puppet strings tangle and they will all fall down. Not exactly who is the puppet master, but he/she is doing a heck of a job keeping the steps in line. But one of these days those string are going to become worn and when one puppet falls they will all be in a tangled mess lying in a pile,then the puppet master will not have control.
Personally I think they done Lynn Tatum a big favor when they didn't re-elect her because she wouldn't send her soul to hell by being one of their puppets. Her strings only come from the bottom of her heart. She has a Master's degree and she is very capable of making intelligent decisions. She just didn't know the "inside" of politics and I know for sure she wouldn't have voted to keep a Murderer in as Patrolman or would she agreed with the little "affair" that went on with Chris Carrier and Cindy Huffman Carrier right in the town hall under Mike Duty/Town Mgr. and Chief Mark Mitchell's nose and they swiped that right under the table like nothing happened. Everyone in Lebanon knows Chris Carrier knows for a fact he is a Murderer and a whore-dog. So Congratulations LYNN TATUM, you had enough guts to stay out of that mess. You are just too good of a person to get mixed up in a show with "puppets".
newspaperwoman

United States

#18 Jul 22, 2010
I saw in the Lebanon News where they are hiring a County Administrator. Gillespie must have lined his pocket enough!!
Francisco

Lebanon, VA

#19 Jul 22, 2010
newspaperwoman wrote:
I saw in the Lebanon News where they are hiring a County Administrator. Gillespie must have lined his pocket enough!!
Oh, don't worry Senator Phillip Puckett's son has always been placed in position for that job. He has been working under him for sometime now. It's all covered by Senator Puckett, so don't worry.
He already has his daughter-in-law, her mother-in-law both got county jobs at the Circuit Clerk's office. Just another deal made under the table.
Francisco

Lebanon, VA

#20 Jul 22, 2010
Senator Phillip Puckett's son has been working in that job for sometime now. Once Senator Puckett gets his daughter Martha Puckett Ketron a Judgeship position, that will pretty well cover the whole family. So don't be too concerned about the County administrator's position going uncovered, they might advertise but its all just a show, to keep from being in a law suit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bobby slate and phyliss cook 7 hr log 2
Glen Allen Breeding from Clinchfield section of... 9 hr alexa 13
Russell Co. Library - Lebanon 17 hr shut it down 37
Lebanon High secretary charged with stealing th... 20 hr Foxy Lady 142
teacher pay 20 hr Some people 30
want to talk about Bill Cosby and sexual abuse!!! Tue One of the molested 7
Home school Mon patron 2
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:29 am PST