Comments
101 - 114 of 114 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Flapjack

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jun 18, 2012
 
watch dawg wrote:
<quoted text>. I suggest seeking council how about Bud Phillips,,,,be sure to check as to where he attended law scjool
I never said that lawyers without and undergraduate or without attending law school would even be considered by me for their services. However, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COMPLETELY SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MY COMMENT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admission_to_pra...

United States of America
Main article: Admission to the bar in the United States
Lawyers in the United States must be admitted by each U.S. jurisdiction in which legal advice is rendered (a U.S. state, commonwealth or territory), which generally requires that they complete an undergraduate degree in any discipline (usually four years), obtain a Juris Doctor degree (three years minimum) and pass a bar exam. However, the requirements vary between jurisdictions, and there are exceptions to each of the general requirements in some.[36] In a handful of U.S. states, one may become an attorney (a so-called country lawyer) by simply "reading law" and passing the bar examination, without having to attend law school first (although very few people actually become lawyers that way).[37]
john

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Parents are sick and tired of these board members that don't even have degrees trying to close these little schools that have produced the more salutatorians and valedictorians than these bigger schools it is a proven fact that teachers at smaller schools care more about their students,getting the uneducated off of the board would be the best solution to the problem!
Pay for IT

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

john wrote:
Parents are sick and tired of these board members that don't even have degrees trying to close these little schools that have produced the more salutatorians and valedictorians than these bigger schools it is a proven fact that teachers at smaller schools care more about their students,getting the uneducated off of the board would be the best solution to the problem!
I have no problem with the small schools, are you willing to PAY for them? Someone MUST pay for the small school, are you willing?

I drive a pickup truck that gets 14 miles per gallon it cost me $90.00 to fill it up now since the price of gas has dropped. I pay at least $620.00 a month for gas. I am willing to pay the price to have my truck other people are not, its a choice.
Well

Honaker, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Jun 18, 2012
 
Apparently we were willing to pay for the small schools staying open, that's why they agreed to raise the taxes, BUT now they are still wanting to close them after this year!! What a bunch of crooks we have running this county!!
Time to Change

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

news flash wrote:
The school board has made some terrible decisions regarding who is replacing toni Dodi and other schools. I am just glad that my child just graduated and i dont' have to deal with this disquisting high school no more, its became a drug school because of the authorities there that allowed it. and the changes taking place just won't last. people are not stupid
In MY opinion Toni Dodi should have been replaced a long time ago. YOU are right on one matter the way things were handled the last few years at Lebanon High School were disgusting. I wishing the new person all the luck in the world. Now Lt. Mullins you have the power to call the Russell County Sheriff's Office, and the Virginia State Police when you need them. YOU don't have two bosses over you and both of them being the same person one the Mayor of Lebanon and the other being the Principal of Lebanon High School.

Time for a good change to take place!!!!
CHANGE

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Jun 19, 2012
 
ALL ABOUT FAMILY!!!
hey

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

john wrote:
Parents are sick and tired of these board members that don't even have degrees trying to close these little schools that have produced the more salutatorians and valedictorians than these bigger schools it is a proven fact that teachers at smaller schools care more about their students,getting the uneducated off of the board would be the best solution to the problem!
what u mean don't have degrees, heck ain't u gotr one there that dont even have a high school diploma, oh what awas it-completed maybe the sixth grade. yep, good old democrat clique of russell county-don;t have to know nuthin, just be in the clique and the citizens that are stupid enuf to keep electing them don;t really care about the kids or anythine except keeping the democrats in power.
Flapjack

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Jun 20, 2012
 
Via The Lebanon News: "The school budget committee members reported the two supervisors on the supervisors budget committee (Puckett, Bowerbank) said that in order to fully fund the upcoming school board budget the school board has to say they will close all three schools (Cleveland Elem., Elk Garden Elem., Swords Creek Elem.) they have discussed July 1, 2013."

Later Bowerbank, who was not present during the budget discussion, but came to speak later stated: "...to suggest that that we (Board of Supervisors) will not fund the Russell County School Board budget is a gross misrepresentation. The Russell County Board of Supervisors can not dictate to the Russell County School Board how they spend their dollars, just offer possible ideas for consideration as suggested to us by our constituents. I feel a line item budget for the Russell County School Board would be advantageous for all but unfortunately, at his time, it simply does not exist for us to consider or approve."

Knowing Jon and Joseph personally, with their inflated egos (Jon with money and Joseph with his daddy having his back), I would bet my soul that they threatened to not fund the School Board budget. What is most interesting to me is suggesting that the School Board present a line item budget, which I am for completely. However, isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? Shouldn't BOTH boards present a line item budget?
Stop the Whining

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Jun 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

You deserve what you get from the ones you allow to continue to be elected. when you wake your dumb asses up in russell county and elect conservative majorities to the bos and school board you will see a better russell county. talk about people gettting fucked, the bos really stuck to the citizens with their hefty tax increases. disgraceful but is exactly what you get with tax and spend corruptocrats in charge.
Flapjack

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Jun 21, 2012
 
Stop the Whining wrote:
You deserve what you get from the ones you allow to continue to be elected. when you wake your dumb asses up in russell county and elect conservative majorities to the bos and school board you will see a better russell county. talk about people gettting fucked, the bos really stuck to the citizens with their hefty tax increases. disgraceful but is exactly what you get with tax and spend corruptocrats in charge.
For what it counts, my vote went elsewhere. So I guess anyone could say that I lost too.
CLOSE THE SMALL SCHOOLS

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Jun 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Do what is economically right-close the small schools- it costs too much just because someone whines, hell there will always be someone whining about anything you need to do.

They will get over it.
Leo

Floyd, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Jun 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I agree with you,CLOSE THE SMALL SCHOOLS. It makes no economic sense to keep them open. I sure am glad some of the other posters don't control my purse strings!!
tothewise

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Jun 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

diesel wrote:
Elk Garden, Cleveland and Swords Creek schools are going to get the axe because the price of fuel for the buses is so cheap right now. Lebanon always looks out for their own. Lebanon is first, second and third and the heck with the rest of the county.
These three schools are being considered because of the amount of students that attend. Not the location! Sure Lebanon has a Primary, Elementary, Middle and High School, but they have more in one school than all three of those smaller schools put together!

Check the numbers before you start bashing Lebanon!
Flapjack

Tannersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Jun 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

If the students can fit into the schools and get a quality education within the guidelines set upon the school systems, and it is economically viable, then the schools should be shut down. However, if in order to save a million bucks or so and it is going to require several million dollars of renovations to the open schools, now or in the next few years, then it is completely senseless.

Also, if the schools are closed, please county, move the furniture and equipment from the closed schools. Don't spend several hundred thousand dollars at this time on brand new desks, etc. If the system is in dire straits like you say it is, ACT LIKE IT AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR A CHANGE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
child care rates increasing for russell county ... 2 hr watcher 7
Curtis auto 2 hr bystander 8
pizza hut in lebanon 6 hr Quid Non 4
chuck Huffman 13 hr junkyarddog 12
Sign beside of road 15 hr CROATOAN 4
E cig 15 hr CROATOAN 11
BEN AT MERCY dispatches when he is on drugs (Dec '11) 15 hr Anu 11
Lebanon High secretary charged with stealing th... Thu lady 27

Search the Lebanon Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••