Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
30,641 - 30,660 of 45,875 Comments Last updated 49 min ago

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
He says about himself (Globe and Mail)
----------
Male, Age: 56, London Ontario, UglyVill
About Me:
Iím an award winning playwright, actor, failed comedian, budding screenplay writer, horticulturist, husband to the best lady in the world, father of a lovely daughter, and Iíve worked in the same place for thirty years; Springbank Park.
The one thing he doesn't mention is which school play he won the 'award' for..
He is a Topix actor.(Acts like he knows something about science.)
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

He has been writing and acting in:

Global Warming Standup Comedy (Apr '07)

LOL.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a Topix actor.(Acts like he knows something about science.)
Don't count me as a critic of art, but of science, he doesn't even belong in the theater.

It is not so odd that the most vehement of denialists and apologists for inaction tend to be the least educated in the sciences.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Spambrat wrote:
Is he a servant-'playwrite'?
Aren't you going to correct Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty's spelling error?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

LessFactMoreHype wrote:
theater[US].
I remember you, you're the fat guy who claims he doesn't use "americanized" English.
A few of your comments on the subject:
"The point is that I learned 'correct English spelling' very well and will use it even if MS-word takes over the rest of the world."
http://www.topix.com/forum/energy/nuclear-ene...
"Americanization and Mr. Websters[sic] deliberate twisting of the language."
"I give you fourty years to learn enough to understand simple English. But of course, to YOU 'English' is a foreign language. You speak some sort of pidgin argot composed of a lot of American sprinkled with a total lack of erudition."
"Samual[sic] Johnson was an american[sic] and as I have pointed out, American misspellings are where the error ORIGINATED."
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I remember you, you're the fat guy who claims he doesn't use "americanized" English.
A few of your comments on the subject:
"The point is that I learned 'correct English spelling' very well and will use it even if MS-word takes over the rest of the world."
http://www.topix.com/forum/energy/nuclear-ene...
"Americanization and Mr. Websters[sic] deliberate twisting of the language."
"I give you fourty years to learn enough to understand simple English. But of course, to YOU 'English' is a foreign language. You speak some sort of pidgin argot composed of a lot of American sprinkled with a total lack of erudition."
"Samual[sic] Johnson was an american[sic] and as I have pointed out, American misspellings are where the error ORIGINATED."
An American misspelling gets the point out there. Your useless babble tainted with hate covered with span cut and paste thing your famous for is just that useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste. Whatís that wait for it yes thatís it more useless babble from the dirtling soon to arrive.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't count me as a critic of art, but of science, he doesn't even belong in the theater.
It is not so odd that the most vehement of denialists and apologists for inaction tend to be the least educated in the sciences.
Funny, but I find it is the alarmist who are the least educated in the sciences. Which may be the reason why they find it so easy to believe in things like man made global warming.
LiveFreeOrDie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

"least educated"> Well, what to say?? I have 10 years of schooling after high school. Not it matters here because anyone with a drop of critical thinking can see straight through this thing and no matter how many scandals are there, the climate-commies keep doubling down.
In these days, education seems to increasingly dumb people down since pretty ,much every teacher or faculty is in Obamas pocket.

When will you guys realize this thing is never going to fly, unless Obama gets dictatorial powers that is.

The US senate will Fillibuster all scilly tax excuses here. This is not gonna happen. Accept it...
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
"least educated"> Well, what to say?? I have 10 years of schooling after high school. Not it matters here because anyone with a drop of critical thinking can see straight through this thing and no matter how many scandals are there, the climate-commies keep doubling down.
In these days, education seems to increasingly dumb people down since pretty ,much every teacher or faculty is in Obamas pocket.
When will you guys realize this thing is never going to fly, unless Obama gets dictatorial powers that is.
The US senate will Fillibuster all scilly tax excuses here. This is not gonna happen. Accept it...
Spoken like a fanatically political, self-satisfied engineer from Renton.

Hey bro, have you noticed that every national scientific academy and every earth sciences society on the planet is in complete agreement on our responsibility for this mess, as well as on the extreme costs of ignoring it?

Go rage about commies and Obama on the politics board.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Sigh!

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a fanatically political, self-satisfied engineer from Renton.
Hey bro, have you noticed that every national scientific academy and every earth sciences society on the planet is in complete agreement on our responsibility for this mess, as well as on the extreme costs of ignoring it?
Every one of them? I noticed that many of the ones you tout as agreeing are run by political appointees and funded by governments.

As who is a political, the entire idea of AGW was about politics and not science.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Don't worry but do write with some new excuse.
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one of them? I noticed that many of the ones you tout as agreeing are run by political appointees and funded by governments.
As who is a political, the entire idea of AGW was about politics and not science.
You are hopeless. Blinkered, blinded, willfully ignorant and politically obsessed.

Major scientific societies generally elect their leaders from the membership. Are you seriously trying to say that the American Geophysical Union's president is a political appointee?

National scientific academies, on the other hand, are often funded in a minor way by governments because their purpose is to provide scientific advice to governments. Our own National Academy of Sciences was founded by Abraham Lincoln for that purpose, but the leader is not politically appointed. Meet Ralph Cicerone, President of the US National Academy of Sciences, elected by his peers in 2005:

http://www.nasonline.org/about-nas/leadership...

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>And I blame you for all your confusion.
Seek help, for goodness sake.
Meanwhile, the entire world of SCIENCE, journalism and progressivism had allowed bank-funded and corporate-run ďCARBON TRADING STOCK MARKETSĒ to trump 3rd world fresh water relief, starvation rescue and 3rd world education for just over 26 years of insane attempts at climate CONTROL.
Teddy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest.

We ARE on "the politics board."

This thread stands out as one of the most essentially political conversations on Topix - anti-corporate ant-capitalist anti-globalist neo-Luddite idealogues flogging their ideological dogma, wrapped in a veil of "science."

This appeal to scientific authority in advancing revolutionary political dogma is as old as Marx/Engels, and has become a well-worn element of the catechism chanted in every CCP committee report delivered in the Hall of the People at Tiananmen Square.

This conversation is little different.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
Surely you jest.
This thread stands out as one of the most essentially political conversations on Topix - anti-corporate ant-capitalist anti-globalist neo-Luddite idealogues flogging their ideological dogma, wrapped in a veil of "science."
This appeal to scientific authority in advancing revolutionary political dogma is as old as Marx/Engels, and has become a well-worn element of the catechism chanted in every CCP committee report delivered in the Hall of the People at Tiananmen Square.
That's on thing that makes Topix so weird, threads appear under many different forum headings.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You have done more to convince people that MMGW is happening than even fat gore has.......

I am starting to think that you are really a warmer but trying to disguise yourself as a conservative to make real conservatives look bad.....

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, but I find it is the alarmist who are the least educated in the sciences. Which may be the reason why they find it so easy to believe in things like man made global warming.
Nobody spouts off more ignorantly than you..........LOL

examples..........

1. Your claim that sail boats don't use solar or wind power so you post a link that shows 99 percent of the sail boats do indeed have solar and or wind.

2. Your claim that your antique TRS will out perform the best modern computer.

3. Sail boats are dying out.

4. Solar panels cant make hot water below freezing temperatures

5. Solar panels will never pay for themselves.

6. Engineering classes in universities are useless.

7. Nobody buys off shore power boats and that a smaller boat will do the same thing.

8. A VW bug could tow a trailer safely loaded with more than 10k pounds of boat.

9. There are lots of used solar panels for sale cheap but you nor anyone else can find a link for them for sale.

10. Because the price of solar panels are coming down that means they don't work......
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest.
Not likely. Northie doesn't know how.
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are perhaps. But this thread was posted to the GLOBAL WARMING forum. And the subject is about SCIENCE, not your crappy illusions and biases.
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread stands out as one of the most essentially political conversations on Topix -
Not a bit. Reality doesn't care what you POLITICS are. The physics of the Greenhouse effect doesn't depend on your being a Democrat. Nor does the warming stop if you DENY the evidence of science.
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
anti-corporate ant-capitalist anti-globalist neo-Luddite idealogues flogging their ideological dogma, wrapped in a veil of "science."
The only ones discussing politics here is YOU and your 'followers'. And there is no 'anti-corporate'. Corporations can be good if they are competitive. But the concentration of power in the mega-corporations is 'near monopoly' power and Adam Smith warned about that defect in the 'free markets'. As well, the corporate funding of politics is also a problem. In that it merges political and economic power into a ruling class of plutocrats. The term is 'fascism' and most people understand that it is not a good idea, even if a dictatorship has not yet developed around it.

Etc. Etc. Reasoned discourse is available on ANY subject without being 'anti-xxxxx'. That you deal only in 'ideology' and never examine your terms makes you a 'useful idiot', nothing more.
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
This appeal to scientific authority in advancing revolutionary political dogma is as old as Marx/Engels..
Again, you fantasize. The message is coming FROM science and the resistance to the message is politically motivated by the power blocks that don't want to hear it.
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, this is probably true. You cannot distinguish Marxism from China's party oligarchy. That just points to you being a political and economic known nothing.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

Judged:

NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, aka:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I have no interest in reading the emails and data. Out of ALL that, there are only about three real 'zingers' which, on careful reading, don't really say what the clueless claim.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

LessFactMoreHype, aka:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow wrote:
And these aren't even NEW emails. They are emails that weren't 'titillating' enough to be released with the first batch. Nothing here to confuse people who don't understand the context or terminology. In other words, the boring duds. Only about four of the hundreds of emails in the FIRST batch could be misinterpreted.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lazy Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lazy Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••