First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

Lawrenceburg, KY

#2 May 18, 2012
I guess the headline "Dumbass Lawrenceburg people don't know how to handle a cellular telephone and continue to tie up resources of our 911 emergency system" was too long.
hey

United States

#3 May 18, 2012
The editor could write about his loser of a son!
In the Know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#4 May 19, 2012
hey wrote:
The editor could write about his loser of a son!
Don White is not the editor anymore.
Yeah

Frankfort, KY

#5 May 19, 2012
Or the tobacco farmer who's product is killing people,just to turn a profit...
Reality

Lawrenceburg, KY

#6 May 19, 2012
Yeah Yeah. Why blame the farmer? No one is being forced to smoke their product correct? Supply and demand rules. Blame the smoker dummy. No demand will lead to no supply. It's that simple. A fact that has been true since wooden nickels. Any more ignorant statements?
Yeah

Frankfort, KY

#7 May 19, 2012
No Supply-No Demand.Tobacco Kills.
smh

Crestwood, KY

#8 May 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
I guess the headline "Dumbass Lawrenceburg people don't know how to handle a cellular telephone and continue to tie up resources of our 911 emergency system" was too long.
HAha You dumbfu*ck its not just ppl from Anderson county that butt dial..it happens all over the WORLD!
Real Story

Louisville, KY

#9 May 19, 2012
I think the issue at hand should be the money that the Mayor and all those folks are getting instead of talking about stupid butt dialing. Did you read all of the paper? Have you had a big fat raise? No,,,,me either.
Reality

Lawrenceburg, KY

#10 May 19, 2012
Yeah...please let me catch you up on reality since your thought process is quite antiquated. You can not legislate out human behavior. Maybe you're the type that wants the government dictating everyone's actions. Freedom of choice is GREAT! I've never smoked a cigarette in my life...my choice. I'm a 20 year cancer survivor...not my choice.

Cars kill. Do we do away with the automakers? Guns kill. Do we do away with gun makers? Obesity kills. Do we do away with Twinkie factories? OMG, I'll give you my guns but no more Twinkies? That's just not right.

If your going to post your opinions, pick another subject than framers. Don't tread on farmers! Also add more dept in your responses...your making this too easy.
Lol

United States

#11 May 20, 2012
Well, I think the opinions are more informative than what Carlson tries to write. He's gotten rid of good younger columnists and replaced them with horrible ones. I find it funny that the things we as citizens have the right to know we have to read in a tiny opinion piece, you'd think some of those topics would be far more important than butt dialing.
Reader

Louisville, KY

#12 May 20, 2012
Lol wrote:
Well, I think the opinions are more informative than what Carlson tries to write. He's gotten rid of good younger columnists and replaced them with horrible ones. I find it funny that the things we as citizens have the right to know we have to read in a tiny opinion piece, you'd think some of those topics would be far more important than butt dialing.
I agree 100%
hmm

Lawrenceburg, KY

#13 May 20, 2012
Dont you people realize by now all news papers are exactly like the liberal media. Its been that way for years and just recently are some of you coming to terms with this truth. All the liberal media including news papers propoganda is to confuse and delude the readers attention so important issues like corruption in our own town or the drug problem this town is facing and other countless truly news worthy topics.
Reader

Louisville, KY

#14 May 20, 2012
hmm wrote:
Dont you people realize by now all news papers are exactly like the liberal media. Its been that way for years and just recently are some of you coming to terms with this truth. All the liberal media including news papers propoganda is to confuse and delude the readers attention so important issues like corruption in our own town or the drug problem this town is facing and other countless truly news worthy topics.
You are right. This was brought to my attention by no other than Saturday Night Live years ago, I wish everyone could see that skit.
Nuts

United States

#15 May 22, 2012
You guys are nuts if you think The Anderson News or Ben Carlson are part of some "liberal" media. My gosh, it's just right of Fix News.

Ben Carlson is worse than most, though, because he seems to only feel important if he can destroy someone's life, or destroy an organization. Once he decides he's going to "investigate" something, there's only one outcome - he will report on the person/entity in only the most negative way possible, avoiding any other parts of the truth. No fair or balanced reports will ever be seen when Ben Carlson is behind the pen. There could be 99% good and 1% bad, but once he has set his "sights" on someone/something, he won't stop until he takes them down. And he doesn't let things like "truth" or journalist "ethics" get in his way.

He dishonesty and lack of ethics disgusts me. He talks about how the paper is award-winning. Well, it was during the time of our last editor as well. But the former editor didn't have to use the paper as a bully-pit in order to make it so.
KUDOS

Wadsworth, IL

#16 May 23, 2012
To Chris Hanks and his letter in the Anderson News this week! I think most people in this County agree with him 110%!!! Thank you!
Kentucky Girl

United States

#17 May 23, 2012
At least you got to read the paper TODAY... All of us who receive it via mail are out of luck until TOMORROW this week according to the website.

So much for knowing about anythng happening tonight or during the day tomorrow. I was looking forward to going to yard sales tomorrow. I think they should refund the fees of people who paid for ads starting tomorrow since most of us won't get our papers until late tomorrow afternoon.
In the Know

United States

#18 May 23, 2012
Kentucky Girl wrote:
At least you got to read the paper TODAY... All of us who receive it via mail are out of luck until TOMORROW this week according to the website.
You can always go to a store and buy a copy today, if you really need one that bad. It is ony 75 cents.
pop

Lawrenceburg, KY

#19 May 23, 2012
Anderson News isn't worth 75 cents. Most of the news I get comes from topix, true, it's not that reliable, but it has more infomation and is more entertainment than the Anderson News...
Kentucky Girl

United States

#20 May 23, 2012
In the Know wrote:
<quoted text>
You can always go to a store and buy a copy today, if you really need one that bad. It is ony 75 cents.
Why go out & pay for something I've already paid too much for in the first place???

The ONLY things worth reading in the darned thing are the classifieds.
hahahaha

Simpsonville, KY

#21 May 23, 2012
KUDOS wrote:
To Chris Hanks and his letter in the Anderson News this week! I think most people in this County agree with him 110%!!! Thank you!
WHATEVER MELISSA, I doubt it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrenceburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 153,027
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Hmmmmmmm 4,344
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Anne52 81,629
Michael Wilson 2 hr He cool 2
Custom cuts 3 hr sara 4
hoes (Apr '10) 4 hr meho 81
marie 5 hr Hate That Trick 23
•••
•••
•••

Lawrenceburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000