redlight cameras & ultilities

Posted in the Las Cruces Forum

Watchdog

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 23, 2012
First the City Council got "coned" into the Red-Flex system,(they never stood a chance against these Scam Artists) and like many other cities are tied into a multi-million dollar exit fee if they try and get out of the 5 year contract.
The Cameras are "cloudy" in their legality at best. But unlike other cities who have found themselves in this mess,and bit the bullet paid the penalty and got out of it,our council is desperately trying to find a way to prop up this Scam until the Contract runs out at the end of Five Years.
Now using the second attempt at "Scare Tactics" (the first was Car Confiscation,which never happened,because it was illegal) Now this dumb idea of turning off Utilities. Which is just as 'Cloudy as the Car Confiscation.
It's time for the Council and Mayor to stop this nonsense and boot this Scam out of our City like many other cities have done. And if they really want to have safety do it the Right Way with Longer Yellows and Delayed Reds. Which has been proven to almost completely solve the Red Light problem when used. Otherwise they are just coning themselves. And they will be remembered Not for the good things they have done but only for this Scam. 30
paul

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Apr 24, 2012
also very stupid - I live in the county, what can the city do? If the city tried to do that to me, I would have a lawyer in 30 seconds and sue the hell out of the city.
So, they are going to punish a whole family because of an illegal ticket?
Reminds me of Sunland Park politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Las Cruces Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Las Cruces Music Selection (Sep '12) 10 hr Musikologist 11
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr L Morales 71,257
Claudette Ortiz: Mountains aren t supposed to die (Oct '10) 22 hr nunya 11
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Fri L Morales 175
Allen Theaters drops screenings of 'The Intervi... Dec 23 MuricanHero 2
Fred Brito fired again for using a false name (Mar '07) Dec 22 myself 22
Ariel Dougherty and Sophia Peron: Financial woe... Dec 20 scammed 17
Las Cruces Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Las Cruces People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Las Cruces News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Las Cruces