Dog had live cockroaches in fur

Nov 4, 2010 Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette 15

Its hair was so matted and overgrown, the poodle had to be sedated just to be groomed.

Full Story

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 4, 2010
Once again, another PETA story....

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 4, 2010
After they get the cockroaches out and wake the pup up they can:

1. give him a flea dip
2. nice warm bath
3. fluff up his furr
4. nicely trimm his nails
5. primp him with afterbath
6. attach a fancy collar and identification tag
7. definitely let him potty
8. take him for a nice stroll
9. feed him some kibbles and bits and bits and bits
10.nap time.

Since: May 09

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2010
sad his fur was in such poor shape.
TRAILOR SWIFT

Moline, IL

#4 Nov 4, 2010
What a waste of good sleeping pills.

“Lets redistribute the wealth!”

Since: Nov 08

Where's my check?

#5 Nov 4, 2010
So, he was maintaining a habit that helped in the proliferation of invertebrates? That's got to be good for a couple hundred thousand dollars in federal grants.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#6 Nov 4, 2010
Know how good a shower feels after a couple of days up in the mountains? Imagine how good this pooch felt after that grooming! Hopefully Ripley finds some good humans to look after.

“Mess with me.”

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#7 Nov 4, 2010
I don't much care for poodles, but that's just sad. I'm glad he was found and taken care of.

Since: Aug 10

United States

#8 Nov 4, 2010
I agree, no animal deserves to be in that shape.

“It's SNOWTIME!”

Since: Jun 06

Chester, UK

#9 Nov 4, 2010
There is no excuse for allowing an animal to
get into this state. Poodles are amongst the most intelligent breed of dogs, I have had three,
over the years, but no dog deserves this. If the owner could not afford to have the dog groomed,
at least keep him clean.
Hope he gets a great and loving home.

“Mess with me.”

Since: Dec 09

I like it.

#10 Nov 4, 2010
eleanorigby wrote:
There is no excuse for allowing an animal to
get into this state. Poodles are amongst the most intelligent breed of dogs, I have had three,
over the years, but no dog deserves this. If the owner could not afford to have the dog groomed,
at least keep him clean.
Hope he gets a great and loving home.
It costs nothing to give a dog a bath and snip out the tangles from their fur, brush them a bit every day. I hope whoever did this to this dog gets put in a cage and can't bathe or brush their hair for
2 years.
End The Hate

Long Beach, CA

#11 Nov 4, 2010
missing_goldfish wrote:
<quoted text>
It costs nothing to give a dog a bath and snip out the tangles from their fur, brush them a bit every day. I hope whoever did this to this dog gets put in a cage and can't bathe or brush their hair for
2 years.
Oh poor little guy. I can't imagine anyone ignoring a pet like that. I personally LOVE poodles and I hate to read about such neglect.

Since: Oct 08

Rushville, NY

#12 Nov 5, 2010
I have a little llasapoo now and the pictures of that poor, sad dog just break my heart. A lot (most?) shelters charge if the owners drop off a pet. I understand why they do this.

However, perhaps there'd be less of this kind of animal neglect and abuse if people could take their animals to a shelter for any reason. Forcing a bad owner to keep their pet is only hurting the animal.

Which is worse, do you think? Leaving a dog like this in a ditch to die (be found?) when it has to have hurt the dog to have even moved (can you imagine his nail beds?) OR shooting the dog in the head TWICE like the moron in the headlines yesterday???

“Commentaries”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 5, 2010
End The Hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh poor little guy. I can't imagine anyone ignoring a pet like that. I personally LOVE poodles and I hate to read about such neglect.
I wuv poodles, too.

“near Halloween.”

Since: Dec 06

#14 Nov 5, 2010
T Turner wrote:
I have a little llasapoo now and the pictures of that poor, sad dog just break my heart. A lot (most?) shelters charge if the owners drop off a pet. I understand why they do this.
However, perhaps there'd be less of this kind of animal neglect and abuse if people could take their animals to a shelter for any reason. Forcing a bad owner to keep their pet is only hurting the animal.
Which is worse, do you think? Leaving a dog like this in a ditch to die (be found?) when it has to have hurt the dog to have even moved (can you imagine his nail beds?) OR shooting the dog in the head TWICE like the moron in the headlines yesterday???
that's an excellent suggestion,
as many folks [in all countries]
are put off by high costs of these vetinary visits,
if there were free care schemes, how much it would health,
like you ..and other dog lovers,
the mind BOGGLES as the amount of cruelty that is meted
out by some people.
newOneidares

Huntsville, TN

#15 Nov 5, 2010
missing_goldfish wrote:
<quoted text>
It costs nothing to give a dog a bath and snip out the tangles from their fur, brush them a bit every day. I hope whoever did this to this dog gets put in a cage and can't bathe or brush their hair for
2 years.
I so agree with you. If anyone who has animals can't at least give the least of care - they need to take the dog and give it a chance at life. This little animal was miserable. You know - God made them to, I believe its up to us - humans to treat everything with a little common sense and a little care. IF you can't do NOT punish the animal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laplace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone awake right now? Wed Uknowwhothisis 1
St. John Parish crime report, Dec. 1 Wed Uknowwhothisis 1
2 teachers accused of group sex with student Oct '14 Suburban Hero 3
English Teacher Arrested For Totally Victimizin... Oct '14 Guest 5
little rembrants art classes for kids Sep '14 louisiana70570 1
Move to name new bridge gets flack from some Ce... Jun '14 Cave Fan 3
The fatuous1 was REBUKED by the ST. CHARLES PAR... (Jun '14) Jun '14 NAAWP 1
Laplace Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Laplace People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Laplace News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Laplace

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:58 am PST

NBC Sports 3:58AM
Texans fill out practice squad with Ricky Stanzi
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Power Rankings: Week 16 Standings Based on Latest Super Bowl Odds
ESPN10:28 AM
Falcons brush off Saint's 'funeral' trash talk
NBC Sports 1:34 PM
Andre Johnson practices as Texans weigh quarterback options
NBC Sports 4:58 PM
Brees pleased by diversity of Saints' attack - NBC Sports