Just curious

Neelyville, MO

#1 Jul 6, 2012
Has anyone heard any news on the new store that is to be built on old stock yard grounds. I Heard that it could not be builded because the ground was contaminated.
Embarrassed

Watertown, WI

#2 Jul 6, 2012
Just curious wrote:
Has anyone heard any news on the new store that is to be built on old stock yard grounds. I Heard that it could not be builded because the ground was contaminated.
I wondered about that when they first announced it.
ex resident

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Jul 6, 2012
Sounds like a bunch of bullsh**
Citizen

United States

#4 Jul 6, 2012
That was a ploy by wilson and napier get votes for Mick.
Just more bad news

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Jul 8, 2012
Citizen wrote:
That was a ploy by wilson and napier get votes for Mick.
It's Official now. We will not be getting the new store,from what I heard from a reliable source.could be going to Stanford.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 8, 2012
Just more bad news wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Official now. We will not be getting the new store,from what I heard from a reliable source.could be going to Stanford.
I dont believe that. Why would they want to move to Stanford with all the grocery stores they have over there? They had to close the Food Lion down because there was so much Competition..I think i seen in the property tranfers were the land has allready been sold . so this is a bunch of rumors.
Old Fart

Morehead, KY

#7 Jul 8, 2012
we won't be getting a grocery store because the right hands were not greased.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#8 Jul 9, 2012
popay wrote:
<quoted text>I dont believe that. Why would they want to move to Stanford with all the grocery stores they have over there? They had to close the Food Lion down because there was so much Competition..I think i seen in the property tranfers were the land has allready been sold . so this is a bunch of rumors.
The Food Lion was not just closed in Stanford, but everywhere. It has gone the same way as A&P, Gateway, IGA, Winn-Dixie, and many others including the Mom and Pop locals.

The Dollar General Markets are all over the South and their niche is to be in small towns such as Lancaster that do not have many groceries and are not populated enough for a Walmart or a Kroger, which are the main cause for the demise of the aforementioned.
SlingBlade

Lexington, KY

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Hope we get the store, I need some mustard and biscuits.
so sad

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Jul 9, 2012
SlingBlade wrote:
Hope we get the store, I need some mustard and biscuits.
I guess you will have to do as I will and continue to go to Wal-mart in stanford.
Larry

Georgetown, KY

#11 Jul 12, 2012
When this store going to open?
so sad

Lexington, KY

#12 Jul 14, 2012
Larry wrote:
When this store going to open?
NEVER WILL IN LANCASTER. STANFORD is going to get it!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bisexuals 3 hr were 6
Did John Wilson get a devorce 3 hr Big Mac Oroni 53
Have fun 5 hr Bill435 1
Name your favorite pill head 7 hr kkk 10
yard sale infront of dollar general (Feb '14) 18 hr cheapskate 11
nicole wardrip (May '13) Sat her niece willie 10
89 Fox Body Mustang GT Fri stan 4
Lancaster Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lancaster News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lancaster

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:39PM
Steelers' DB Health Could Swing AFC North Finale
NBC Sports 9:21 PM
Ten with Tafoya: Andrew Whitworth
ESPN 6:08 AM
Bengals, eyeing division title, take aim at flu
Bleacher Report 8:49 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Score and Analysis for Tennessee
Bleacher Report 8:59 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Indianapolis Score and Analysis