Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#154666 Aug 14, 2012
If men and women weren't different, we'd all be homosexuals.
Mike

Phoenix, AZ

#154667 Aug 14, 2012
God supports gay marriage!
Bill Of Rights

Beacon, NY

#154668 Aug 14, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If men and women weren't different, we'd all be homosexuals.
And if you had half a brain you'd be as stupid as Gayry! Could you post a more incredibly idiotic statement? Well,if pigs had wings they then could fly! Once again just when we all think you've reached the pinnacle of stupidity,here this is! Do you and GaYry the hypocritical Bi-sexual have a contest to see who can post the most idiotic post one can do? LOL
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#154669 Aug 14, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh then we have our very special friend Bruno. Tell us Brouno what you know for sure. I have 10 seconds to spare.
Tell me Bruno just how the sex lives of others affects you personally. Tell me Bruno how a mans sex life that lives in New York is any god damn business of yours. Tell me Mr AssHat what business is it of your what 2 other people do in the privacy of their flucking bedroom .
Typical asshat.
I must have touched a sensitive spot ... huh queer boy typical homo player
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154670 Aug 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have touched a sensitive spot ... huh queer boy typical homo player
Can't sleep, eh?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154671 Aug 14, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume that you don't have a point to make. Other than you are clueless, you see only a clueless bigot like your self would say that all gay men are flamboyant and that all lesbians are butch. But hey thats just you.
Ah, the classic identity of gay twirlers. Out right lie when you don't have a argument.

Please quote where I said "all".

Change your post handle, that's a lie too.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#154672 Aug 14, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the constant stereotyping? Not ALL or EVEN most Gay men are flamboyant, yet you find it necessary to make a FALSE statement or claim.......AND you don't just do this with Gay men, also with Lesbians........thinking that one is Butch and the other is fem......which is NOT truthful on your part. I mean I hardly see Ellen as the Butch, yet that is what you just described her as..........people are who they are.....there are straight men who are extremely effeminate......that doesn't make them Gay and there are straight women who are more masculine......it also doesn't mean they are Lesbians..........maybe you should judge people more on THEIR CHARACTER than whether they happen to be to feminine or masculine according to your perception!!!
Why the constant lies and denial.

I never said "all or even most".

It is a simple question. Why does a butch lesbian dress like a man to attract another lesbian?

What are you afraid to face in that answer? I would think a sensitive, intelligent person would seek to understand every aspect of themselves or another person. Are you not a sensitive, intelligent person???

Smile.

Location hidden

#154673 Aug 14, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just trolling.
Everybody knows that.
That's why nobody is playing along with you.
(Changed my mind and decided to reply to you this time.)
You changed your mind? Good thing, the one you had was broken long ago.

However, your new mind is still avoiding my question.

Uncovering reality is hardly 'trolling'. In fact, it is the good thing about 'dis'illusionment.

Smile.

Location hidden

#154674 Aug 14, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you an opinion based upon academic findings and my own experience with people that are gay. If you're going to ask people about something, and then insult them for not giving you a reply that you like, then maybe you should reevaluate why you're asking that question. Are you asking to learn, or are you trying to reinforce a conclusion you already came up with?
<quoted text>
They don't act like males. They're just more likely to be true to themselves by not adhering to strict gender norms that are placed upon them by society. Also, lesbians are like every other group. Each one has specific tastes. Each lesbian has certain characteristics they find attractive, just like you and I.
<quoted text>
Such as?
<quoted text>
Why the passive aggression?
You posted no academic findings.

I am at work, so I can't find a butch post I just referenced yesterday. You can look up 'butchblogs'.

Of course they are "being true to themselves", but why does a lesbian have that 'truth' in them according to evolution?

My passive is drawing you to reality, my aggression is bitchslapping your denial.

Smile.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154675 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the constant lies and denial.
I never said "all or even most".
It is a simple question. Why does a butch lesbian dress like a man to attract another lesbian?
What are you afraid to face in that answer? I would think a sensitive, intelligent person would seek to understand every aspect of themselves or another person. Are you not a sensitive, intelligent person???
Smile.
What makes you think lesbians dress like a man to "attract another lesbian?" You create an argument over something you made up??

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154676 Aug 14, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because the APA doesn't KNOW the exact cause of a person's sexual orientation......doesn't mean that they are totally clueless about it either......it has been stated that it is a complex issue that involves genetics, hormones, biology and environmental factors.
The fact that you have been given links to articles that do in fact confirm that one's sexual orientation is a complex issue and many factors go into it, hasn't changed the fact that you simply ignore them!!!
Hey, pal, I'm not the one going to school boards and adoption agencies telling them kid's sexual orientation won't be affected by transvestite teachers or men who go prancing down Main Street in penis suits and erect penis hats.

YOU'RE doing it and that means you're making a claim you -- according the the APA -- have no science to support.

If the APA doesn't know -- an idiot like you surely doesn't know.

What part of that don't you understand?
Reality

Madison, WI

#154677 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the classic identity of gay twirlers. Out right lie when you don't have a argument.
Please quote where I said "all".
Change your post handle, that's a lie too.
Smirk.
I gave you a answer, you might not like it, that's not my problem.

How does the fact that some gay men or some lesbians dress or act flamboyant or masculine change their rights to marry? Are you mandating that we all must dress or act in a prescribed manner ?
Reality

Madison, WI

#154678 Aug 14, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, pal, I'm not the one going to school boards and adoption agencies telling them kid's sexual orientation won't be affected by transvestite teachers or men who go prancing down Main Street in penis suits and erect penis hats.
YOU'RE doing it and that means you're making a claim you -- according the the APA -- have no science to support.
Should we judge all heterosexuals based on the actions of a few?
Look dippy why do heterosexual teachers have sex with their students? It happens all the time. Based on that, heterosexuals should no be allowed to adopt children because they will have sex with them. Prancing all around the class rooms enticing young men to have sex with older women. Men teachers taking advantage of young ladies, stealing their childhood.

Location hidden

#154679 Aug 14, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think lesbians dress like a man to "attract another lesbian?" You create an argument over something you made up??
I made nothing up.

If you read their own discriptions, that is "who they are". Or, asked on your terms, okay, why do they dress up masculine?

Anything you define in relational terms must also be understood in evolutionary terms and be congruent.

Your fear is causing you to miss the simple reality that genes/brain/body 'wiring' gets mixed up all the time. Even our hair color is a mix. Denying that that mix is sometimes faulty is just plain stupid.

Location hidden

#154680 Aug 14, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you a answer, you might not like it, that's not my problem.
How does the fact that some gay men or some lesbians dress or act flamboyant or masculine change their rights to marry? Are you mandating that we all must dress or act in a prescribed manner ?
There is a difference between a answer and a dodge and a guess. I'm sure you'd be concerned if you flew on a plane where the pilot held your view.

You are equating one relationship with another. Other realtionships are denied marriage because they are not the same. I am simply pointing out numerous ways gay unions are not the same, including the most basic, sexuality. In fact you are equating a broken 'object' with a natural one.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154681 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made nothing up.
If you read their own discriptions, that is "who they are". Or, asked on your terms, okay, why do they dress up masculine?
Anything you define in relational terms must also be understood in evolutionary terms and be congruent.
Your fear is causing you to miss the simple reality that genes/brain/body 'wiring' gets mixed up all the time. Even our hair color is a mix. Denying that that mix is sometimes faulty is just plain stupid.
You are so full of shit with your "relation terms, evolutionary terms, congruent" mess. This is America. People may dress however they wish. What's it to you if women wear pants (OMFG!) Or do you think all women who wear pants do so to attract other women?

My fear?
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

The fear is all yours, honey. You cannot handle the uncertainty so you react with a typical control-freak attitude: Everyone must dress according to your standards so you don't freak out. Sorry, honey... life doesn't work that way... unless you think all women should be wearing black burkahs. Then you are in the wrong country.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#154682 Aug 14, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between TRANSGENDER and Transvestite? Somehow, I don't think you do.......I have NEVER seen a Transvestite teacher EVER. I have known Transgender teachers, but only at the College level of education.....NEVER at the elementary level........do you have actual evidence to back up your claim? or is this just crap being spewed outta your mouth?

Actually, I have more knowledge or understanding of why a person is Gay or Lesbian than you do......I also have done some research on it and have posted the articles about it......just because you opt to believe MassResistance, doesn't mean that the rest of us are as ignorant as you are on this issue!!!!
Reality

Madison, WI

#154683 Aug 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between a answer and a dodge and a guess. I'm sure you'd be concerned if you flew on a plane where the pilot held your view.
You are equating one relationship with another. Other realtionships are denied marriage because they are not the same. I am simply pointing out numerous ways gay unions are not the same, including the most basic, sexuality. In fact you are equating a broken 'object' with a natural one.
Let me guess, now gay's and lesbians are not fit to be pilots.......

What does sex or sexuality have to do with a contract?

How exactaly are gay's and lesbians broken?

Atlanta, GA

#154684 Aug 14, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Should we judge all heterosexuals based on the actions of a few?
Look dippy why do heterosexual teachers have sex with their students? It happens all the time. Based on that, heterosexuals should no be allowed to adopt children because they will have sex with them. Prancing all around the class rooms enticing young men to have sex with older women. Men teachers taking advantage of young ladies, stealing their childhood.
Assuming all you say is true, that's no defense for giving homosexuals a pass. You people seem to think all you have to do is produce an instance of a heterosexual abuse, molestation, abandonment, broken harm, etc, and it gives you a pass.

It doesn't.

Personally, I don't believe homosexuals are any more prone to pedophilia than heterosexuals. But pedophilia is not the question. The first question is whether men who dress in penis suits and erect penis hats should have access to children.

The second question is whether men who engage in a morbidly unhealthy sexual practice should have access to children.

If we don't allow gay men to donate blood, how can we in good conscience allow them to adopt?

Atlanta, GA

#154685 Aug 14, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between TRANSGENDER and Transvestite? Somehow, I don't think you do.......I have NEVER seen a Transvestite teacher EVER. I have known Transgender teachers, but only at the College level of education.....NEVER at the elementary level........do you have actual evidence to back up your claim? or is this just crap being spewed outta your mouth?
Actually, I have more knowledge or understanding of why a person is Gay or Lesbian than you do......I also have done some research on it and have posted the articles about it......just because you opt to believe MassResistance, doesn't mean that the rest of us are as ignorant as you are on this issue!!!!
Are you telling us you think transvestites should be prohibited from becoming school teachers? If you are, tell us why.

As to you having more knowledge about gay or lesbian than I do, how can you say that if you've never read Shilts or Rotello?

Or Mass Resistance ...?

And I'd be interested in hearing what facts you believe Mass Resistance gets wrong.

You people are quick to call Mass Resistance and every other organization that doesn't accept the LGBT agenda a hate group, but when asked to explain why, you never follow-up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 28,359
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 hr two cents 5,263
Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) 7 hr Viewer 52
Long Beach City Council approves renaming park ... 15 hr Ronald 3
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) 17 hr Fyi 18
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 23 hr Jim Jones 19,549
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Wed Bob Gaudio 3,157

Lakewood News Video

Lakewood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lakewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lakewood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lakewood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 am PST