Dinius files federal suit

Bismarck Dinius filed a federal lawsuit against Lake County and a number of its law enforcement officials Tuesday alleging a violation of his civil rights during the case the county mounted against him. Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Isabel

United States

#25 Aug 12, 2010
There are many people who have been found not guilty at their trial over the last year. Now we all know the name of a lawyer to call to sue Hopkins. His office has filed charges that are false against many people. Let the lawsuits begin.
Justice

Rancho Cordova, CA

#28 Aug 12, 2010
I hope Jerry Moonbeam Brown is named in the suit because of his negligence in not investigating the obvious corruption in this case.
ccgd13

United States

#29 Aug 12, 2010
As a former Lake County Employee I am well aware of the arrogence displayed by the Sheriff's Department. Unfortunately rather than Hopkins, Mitchell and Perdock the loosers in this case are the good citizens of Lake County. I just hope they realize this and express their frustrations at the ballot baox.
update him

Pleasanton, CA

#30 Aug 12, 2010
perhaps his office needs to be updated with a diluge of cases.
ura loser

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#31 Aug 12, 2010
ccgd13 wrote:
As a former Lake County Employee I am well aware of the arrogence displayed by the Sheriff's Department. Unfortunately rather than Hopkins, Mitchell and Perdock the loosers in this case are the good citizens of Lake County. I just hope they realize this and express their frustrations at the ballot baox.
That's right. You will be part of the reason why Lake County taxpayers will pay money out to losers.
Sway public opinion with rumors and lies, and then act like you played no part in this scam. Dinius should be thankful that he was let loose on DUI charges. He shouldn't have just walked away unfettered.
citizen

Suisun City, CA

#32 Aug 12, 2010
ura loser wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. You will be part of the reason why Lake County taxpayers will pay money out to losers.
Sway public opinion with rumors and lies, and then act like you played no part in this scam. Dinius should be thankful that he was let loose on DUI charges. He shouldn't have just walked away unfettered.
The only one to walk away "unfettered" is Perdock. Tell me, if he did nothing wrong why is he no longer employed @ LCSO?
update him

Pleasanton, CA

#33 Aug 12, 2010
ura loser wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you think should have happened to Perdock and those who tampered with and covered evidence?
ura loser

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#34 Aug 12, 2010
update him wrote:
<quoted text>what do you think should have happened to Perdock and those who tampered with and covered evidence?
Thank you for making my case about lies and rumors in regard to evidence.
FYI. I believe that all parties should have been charged in this case including Perdock, but the subsequent dismissal of the Dinius DUI should never have taken place.
The jury decision and all of the Dinius shills that screamed for his release have done the taxpayers of Lake County a grave disservice.
There was plenty of fault to go around in this horrible accident.
Lake County taxpayers should not be required to make it all right.
Todd

Clearlake, CA

#35 Aug 12, 2010
Hey "ura loser", you picked you moniker not me. We are required to make it right to Dinius because WE the citizens of Lake Co kept electing those morons! Vote for change!
Ya right

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#36 Aug 12, 2010
While you are in a giving mood, sit down and write a check to Dinius today. Reward him for his drunkeness.
CLO Resident

Clearlake, CA

#37 Aug 12, 2010
WAY TO GO!! I'm VERY pleased to hear this. Win or lose, at least Dinius has them thinking!!! I'll happily throw my tax money in the Dinius fund.:o) They messed up this guys life badly now Mitchell, Hopkins and all the other SCUM-BAGS ie:--> LCSO & DA's can run BUT they CAN'T hide... Go get em' Dinius. We are 150% behind you!!!

Since: Nov 08

Sunnyvale, CA

#38 Aug 12, 2010
Whether or not Dinius was sloshed to the gills had absolutely nothing to do with the collision and fatality. It was all Perdock's fault and the "Standing with tiller in hand while drunk" charge is entirely another matter. Justice that cannot see this clearly is really blind and dangerously so.
Rkm

Williams, CA

#39 Aug 12, 2010
Who thinks Rodney won't throw all the other defendants under the bus . http://dig.abclocal.go.com/kgo/PDF/1295-1COMP...
Justice

Fort Dodge, IA

#40 Aug 12, 2010
Some remain blind, sweep the ugly stuff under the carpet, been brainwashed, and pretend it didn't happen. That doesn't make it go away. The time has come for the needless debacle of Mr. Dinius, the horrendous tragedy of Lynn Thorton, the tremendous loss for Lynn's family to come to the light of day. Mr. Dinius was treated as a sub human, the Thorton family ignored (after calling the DA's office and SO they were hung up on SEVEN times) while Lynn lay dying in the hospital. More power to Mr. Dinius, justice will be served.

Again, our deepest condolences to the family and friends of LYNN THORTON. Maybe after the trial she will be able to RIP.
Ya right

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#41 Aug 12, 2010
Adrian Vance wrote:
Whether or not Dinius was sloshed to the gills had absolutely nothing to do with the collision and fatality. It was all Perdock's fault and the "Standing with tiller in hand while drunk" charge is entirely another matter. Justice that cannot see this clearly is really blind and dangerously so.
There was no conclusive proof that the sailboat lights were on at the time of the collision. If the lights were on I tend to agree with you.
However, you will be charged with DUI if an officer finds you parked on the side of the road drunk, and it will stick.
I know someone who was charged and convicted of DUI. He was changing his tire when the officer happened upon him.
Justice

Fort Dodge, IA

#42 Aug 12, 2010
Rkm wrote:
Who thinks Rodney won't throw all the other defendants under the bus . http://dig.abclocal.go.com/kgo/PDF/1295-1COMP...
Thanks for the document!
citizen

Suisun City, CA

#43 Aug 12, 2010
Why was Perdock's employment terminated with LCSO?
Donna Christopher

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#44 Aug 12, 2010
Scuttlebuttin' was that he was finally terminated because they'd kept him on admin or medical leave as long as was possible - likely long enough to fluff up his retirement package to the 30 year mark. Hope that was not the impetus behind dragging this out. But it would hardly be shocking news would it?
Rkm

Williams, CA

#45 Aug 12, 2010
I do not know for sure but I bet this had something to do with it http://dig.abclocal.go.com/kgo/PDF/061009-per...

Since: Nov 08

Sunnyvale, CA

#46 Aug 12, 2010
Ya right wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no conclusive proof that the sailboat lights were on at the time of the collision. If the lights were on I tend to agree with you.
However, you will be charged with DUI if an officer finds you parked on the side of the road drunk, and it will stick.
I know someone who was charged and convicted of DUI. He was changing his tire when the officer happened upon him.
Again, Dinius drunk, sober, whatever, had nothing to do with Perdock racing madly into the night, colliding with a sailboat and killing a young woman. Add the manipulation of evidence and other irregularities and we have a whole big bunch of people who should go to prison, but not Mr. Dinius. Given the rules in Federal Court we are going to get shucked and should recover what we can from Mr. Hopkins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lakeport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alternate Current -- Mass amnesia in the age of... (Feb '10) 9 hr Adrian Vance 27
Create a carbon tax (Dec '10) 9 hr Adrian Vance 55
Alternate Current -- A time of opportunity - wi... (Apr '10) 9 hr Adrian Vance 3
Medical marijuana (May '10) 12 hr big budz in kona 203
Storm update: Most roads open, Lake Mendocino g... Fri I voted did you 9
Gang ties alleged in torture case (Jan '10) Dec 7 campise 1,197
SPCA of Clear Lake committed to finding homes f... Dec 4 saveourpitbulls 1

Lakeport News Video

Lakeport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lakeport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lakeport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lakeport