First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jeff

AOL

#1 May 5, 2006
...I have been finding dead birds wherever I go. I haven't found any large birds, only smaller ones. I called the Health Dept. and they referred
me to the website: myfwc.com/bird
...Yesterday a dead Vireo was on my porch. The website seems poorly done and lacks information ~ and why do they list only a small choice of birds?
...Something is very wrong outside right now and if you are finding dead birds please
leave your comments!
lisa

Vancouver, WA

#2 Aug 28, 2007
we have had two birds, still alive, die on our door step. what does this mean?
dorothy

AOL

#3 Oct 8, 2007
Jeff wrote:
...I have been finding dead birds wherever I go. I haven't found any large birds, only smaller ones. I called the Health Dept. and they referred
...Yesterday a dead Vireo was on my porch. The website seems poorly done and lacks information ~ and why do they list only a small choice of birds?
...Something is very wrong outside right now and if you are finding dead birds please
leave your comments!
this morning i found a dead bird on my front porch i was sitting in my garage like i do every morning and something just came to me check the front porch so i walked outside and up my walk way and there he was right infront of my door so i went in the house to get a small box and a paper towel to pick him up with and i told my dad there was a dead bird right in front of the door he then went and looked to as i was looking for the box and grabbing a napkin we went out to get him and he was in a diffrent place i no he was dead the first time cause i pressed my finger tips against his chest to make sure and he was dead not a movement or breath its strange and wierd i beleive in alote of things but alote of strange things been happing in the last 3 days i cant explain thank you for listening
Annette

Australia

#4 Dec 11, 2007
I have had an unusual bird singing in my neighbourhood of late. I t sounded like a lyrebird. It came closer to my house and endedup singing quite loudly outside our window. When I went outside it came very close to me like it was trying to tell me something. I looked it up . I thought it might be a woodswallow or a thrush.
Tonight my daughter found it dead (I believe it is the same bird) on our doorstep.
What it this trying to tell me?
cindy l

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2008
In the last four days I have found three dead birds. Saturday in Chappell Hill, Sunday in Dallas and Tuesday in Houston. What the heck is going on?
Cathy

Dearborn, MI

#6 Feb 12, 2008
I have a dead sparrow on my front porch, if I walked out there I would stop on it what does this mean? everyone keeps telling me it means something bad is going to happen! I'm affraid to even leave my house lol. I have heard that if a black bird flew in your house it ment death. Does anyone know of any stupid wives tales or anything?
Al -Thunder Bay Canada

Thunder Bay, Canada

#7 Mar 11, 2008
I have found three small dead birds on my deck
in the last three weeks. They were all found in a sitting position,as if sleeping, kinda wierd??
clatskanie oregon

United States

#8 May 8, 2008
I have been finding larger dead birds in my lawn and the other day on my way home from work, i watched one drop from mid flight to the ground and die.
julia

Rancho Cordova, CA

#9 May 29, 2008
I have seen a humming bird drop dead right out side the huge window of my dads work and get step on by a man on his cell phone. Then 7 days later i found another baby bird in my driveway then my dad accidentally ran over its head its head was flattened ,but there was no insides coming out. It was apparently dead for a while. I was wondering what it means.the only thing i could think of was someone i know is going to be talking on the phone while driving. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME
judy

Waldron, IN

#10 Jun 16, 2008
I found 3 more dead birds in my yard today. I know that they weren't there Friday. Over the past 10 days I would say we have found 8 dead birds in our yard.?????????
Ray

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jun 18, 2008
I just found a dead bird in one of my rain pails. I'm in Iowa, but not near the floodwaters.
kiki

Haddonfield, NJ

#12 Jun 20, 2008
Jeff wrote:
leave your comments!
I also have been finding small dead or dieing birds...3 in the last week.......makes me nervous since I have children, what could the cause be???
Stephanie Clayton DE

Middletown, DE

#13 Jun 20, 2008
I just got off the phone with Mosquito Control because I have found 6-8 dead birds in our lawn in the past 3 weeks. The person wasn't concerned. Said if I start finding Cardinals, Blue Jays, Crows, or Owls to call them within 24hrs for the them to come and get them to test for the West Nile virus. By my description of the bird, she thought the ones I am finding are European Starlings. I am uneasy and skeptical with this information....??
Les H

Cape May, NJ

#14 Jun 22, 2008
This is too freaky, I know some of the listed comments are made to be funny but this seem's to be a real problem I too have found several dead smaller birds around my neighborhood, is it West Nile or are we all being poisoned. I live in central NJ.
StefB

Vincentown, NJ

#15 Jun 25, 2008
I am a little freaked out too. My cousin who lives behind me told me that in the past week he has found three different dead birds two of which were missing their heads and one of the birds had a dead squirrel next to it. We live in South Jersey
Malone

AOL

#16 Jul 2, 2008
I found two dead birds today outside my house, both were different colors, I;m about to call someone if i find another one
Nan

Farmington, ME

#17 Jul 11, 2008
I have found 5 dead birds over the last month, I just have a small house lot, was wondering what is going on else where
Freaked Out

Smithtown, NY

#18 Jul 14, 2008
This is soooo strange because i came to this site to get a answer about why I have been coming across dead baby birds. In about the last three weeks i have been walking by dead baby birds all in different parts of town.Do you know what it take to walk and put your head down at the right time to see these birds each time, please somebody help me out here, thanks.
Andrea

Southview, PA

#19 Jul 18, 2008
I am also in Spokane and have founs several dead birds outside my buisness. My 6 month old puppy is now very sick(vomiting)I am very concerned and would love some answers!
Bewildered

Kalamazoo, MI

#20 Jul 20, 2008
I'm from Michigan, and within the last last week I found a dead sparrow, robin, and mourning dove. Nothing seems to have attacked it. We just started feeding the birds this past spring and now this happens. There was a possum in our yard but if it attacked the birds, why would they be just laying there like they are sleeping? this never happened before in all the years we fed birds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Worth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 18 hr stryk 2,984
Angela Kolomiyets A.K.A. Angela Dolo A.K.A Ange... Tue EGG 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Mon Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
Good paying job with spanking discipline for fe... (Jan '12) Sep 28 MrJames104 9
Man fired from Hoover's Ross Bridge resort fata... Sep 24 gulf 1
Concerned partys need to know if FERNANDO OSUNA... Sep 24 Neighbor 1

Lake Worth Jobs

Lake Worth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Worth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Worth

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]