Boynton strip club owner sentenced to 5 years probation for racketeering, prostitution charges

Apr 6, 2010 Full story: Palm Beach Post 12

Matt Barrow, 52, of Lake Park was facing charges of racketeering, felony public nuisance, deriving support from prostitution and allowing employees to engage in prohibited acts, as well as charges related to the sale of drugs.

Full Story
WHISPER

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2010
This is very good news for all of Boynton Beach! This man and his cronies and hookers tainted and dirtied boynton for years and the cops finally showed ass and shut it down for good. Five years is pretty mild considering the fact of all the drugs and unsafe risky sex this man promoted, just wonder how many people are infected with a STD possibly Aids of all the prostitition going on, but he wont stand trial for that one will he? that he gets away with.

Hopefully the other ones, the madam and the prostitutes selling drugs and disease will face the courts too, not just one person is gulity they all participated willingly knowing of the dangers of drugs, underage drinking and sex with strangers not too mention the criminal sleazy element it procured.

The sherrifs dept should take a lesson from BB cops and clean up lake worth and WPB because its going on there much worse and the city is floundering. Its a good start what happened, the crime rate is down in that area, which has never been a good area but so much improved since the scum left. BB is now strip club free and plans on staying that way, at least the residents and tax payers won on this one and got rid of the criminals that went here and robbed OUR houses and cars to get drug money, its always the innocent who pay for this.

Great job BB cops getting rid of this criminal house! keep up the good work!
a freakin joke

United States

#2 Apr 7, 2010
man when i read this i thought whadda freaking joke!!! this dude sells dope for years and pimps out his bar scaggs for profit sells to underage and he gets a five year vacation???? whats up with that man?? he musta had a hellva of lawyer and money the rest wont be as lucky they will fry in jail// at least they cleaned boynton up they i agree with the other post wpalms gotta be next like that disgusting hole on purdy lane and others down the road like it// its time for the disease drugs and danger these holes bring to stop// he got off easy wonder how many folks got VD?? he dont care about that//at least he is out of business and i hope more like this too come// jail the druggies and hookers they hurt us all!!!!!
natalie

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Prostitution has been called the oldest profession in the world and it seems likely that humans have always traded whatever they had in exchange for something they needed - and the one thing that a human always has is their own body. Everyone trades something about their body, so why not sexual activity as well?
spring

United States

#4 Apr 9, 2010
natalie wrote:
Prostitution has been called the oldest profession in the world and it seems likely that humans have always traded whatever they had in exchange for something they needed - and the one thing that a human always has is their own body. Everyone trades something about their body, so why not sexual activity as well?
Well from what the media says "safe sex" was not a top priority in this place and bars like them. AIDS is a fatal disease and it kills and other STD'S are not pretty either and prostitutes whom are mostly drug addicts care little whether they infect their customers who in turn can infect innocent women and children, thats criminal HIV transmission and its a crime that why the SWAT team and health dept and other higher law enforcement got involved, this place was a breeding ground for drugs, disease and crime and they sold drugs and drinks to underage teens nothing good ever came of this place. At least boynton is clean now but its just probably moved to west palm and they have some real dirty dives there so I am sure until the law steps in and shows brass the diseases and drugs and dangerous sex will continue and its a real sick sad scary shame.
jackpot

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2010
a freakin joke wrote:
man when i read this i thought whadda freaking joke!!! this dude sells dope for years and pimps out his bar scaggs for profit sells to underage and he gets a five year vacation???? whats up with that man?? he musta had a hellva of lawyer and money the rest wont be as lucky they will fry in jail// at least they cleaned boynton up they i agree with the other post wpalms gotta be next like that disgusting hole on purdy lane and others down the road like it// its time for the disease drugs and danger these holes bring to stop// he got off easy wonder how many folks got VD?? he dont care about that//at least he is out of business and i hope more like this too come// jail the druggies and hookers they hurt us all!!!!!
..yeah i agree what a friggin joke..this dude pimps
out these skank rank ugly hookers right and left
not caring who is infected with what nasty bug
disease..sells dope and booze to kids..and every
other crime and he gets probation..aint that so
sweet..the cops did good the courts did not..
guess money and a good lawyer helps..bet the rest
of them arrested will do time..any dude who goes
into a strip joint deserves what he gets..
beat up by the pimps, ripped off by the hookers,
infected with aids or vd or robbed blind..any as
we can see the law dont care..dont be stupid....
gino

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2010
anytime i pass by one of these tit bars i see a buncha bums crackheads ugly hookers homeless panhandlers and your regular riff raff scum. these places do breed crime and scum criminals do gravitate towards them. the sherrif outta start doing their jobs and cleaning this crap up now i hear one tit bar in wpb was actually forcing women from another country to strip and have sex with degenerates keeping them doped up and drunked up to and from the tit bar to some sleazy trailer park to have sex thats like human bondage why aint they shut down? who's greasing who's palm here? this dont make sense. these tit bars have been the site of so many drugs diseases and crime and they continue to allow them open. and we are the ones they rob, its OUR homes and cars that are robbed and our persons being mugged to pay for thier drugs plus predators hang around these places. its an ugly sick joke and the jokes on us. its high time to clean this diseased crap up! i'm a dude and i love women but you wouldnt catch me dead in these dirty diseased dens for what? to watch a buncha of drugged out worn out unattractive hookers? who carry aids? no dude with a brain does. get rid of the scum already our town is bad enough.
Shameful

Lake Worth, FL

#7 Apr 12, 2010
The strip club owner is laughing his ass off that he only got probation. He messed up many, many lives and got away with the typical "slap on the hand" for his crimes
lee lee

United States

#8 Apr 12, 2010
Shameful wrote:
The strip club owner is laughing his ass off that he only got probation. He messed up many, many lives and got away with the typical "slap on the hand" for his crimes
you are so right. this douche pimped and allowed drugs to be openly sold and i wonder how many
people caught STD's because of it and selling to teenagers that just plain pondscum. the cops finally
did their job but it took too long and so many lives were ruined by drugs and all the other crimes that took place there, there was also a rape there a few years back and a stripper that worked there got all messed up there on drugs and booze she was with her infant daughter she "forgot" about the little baby in the car and the baby died! this place only brought bad terrible things, it was like it was evil, rapes, drugs, disease, a baby dying etc..... it was truly a house of "horrors" {whorres?!} we are so glad its gone its just too bad they took so long in doing it i guess they needed the evidence. an above poster mentioned WPB doing stings and raids and closings like this and i hope they do some of those places are really filthy nasty disease pits with drugs and putrid diseased women. lets hope the they clean up west palm too, dens of criminals.
nica

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2010
after he ruins our city with his diry dope and slutts and dealings he retires to his mansion in lake park with all that money he made off the misery of loney desperate stupid men thinking these dancing hookers actually liked them! not too mention all the booze and dope! he has a great retirement at our cost! one good thing boynton got rid of this drug disease infested brothel! its took long enough! they need to re-open it as a youth club its a bad area and teens need somewhere to go and it would cut down on crime more. i pity west palm i hear they are full of drugs and hookers spreading aids i am glad they saved us from that just in time now clean up west palms strip disease houses
layla

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Sep 23, 2012
WOW just moved to boynton and saw this i am so glad they got rid of this garbage before my family moved here> west palm sounds very nasty and dirty hope they clean it up like here< nobody wants disease and dirt.
The Johns need to pay 2

Golconda, IL

#11 Oct 11, 2012
Until those who buy these sex slaves are punished too, this thing will continue. Human trafficking is a huge problem. They force women into prostitution , break them down using rape , mental and physical abuse. How many daughters have been lost to these pimps who live off these girls. Why is it we hold so much more venom towards the sex workers then the Johns ? They all need to pay. It isn't a victimless crime. All these women learn is how to manipulate men for money and get stuck in that pattern for life. Close them down. Most are fronts for gangs and organized crime. They laundry drug money, turn your daughters into prostitutes and kill off your sons and daughters by drugs, suicide or HIV. Not even mentioning those who contract and die from hepatitis. Good job BB. people need to fight to keep these out of your communities. We need a president who will crack down on illegal immigration as this only results in exploitation of illegals and has resulted in the number of drug gangs tied to the violent drug cartels in Mexico to increase from 25 in 2007 to 1,250 in 2012!! we have no border security as Dems want immigrant voters and power. Even of it means the loss of our sovereignty and the collapse of our economy. Jobs and care to citizens first.
delray dish

Boynton Beach, FL

#12 Oct 11, 2012
GREAT POST!! and so so true! funny you should mention human trafficing because just last year one of those horrible roach dirty bars DID have "human slaves" working there and then they were taken to some trailer park and forced to have sex with the rancid customers, they shut it down but it went on awhile, mostly in the bad areas or west palm beach.

You bring some good points up, another one is what about the females who do this by choice? we had several incidences of these "dancers" yeah right, dancers, these strippers and hookers who lower themselves that work in these dives, thier pimps were settting up the stupid clueless customers in the parking lots, anotherwords promising sex and then the john would get robbed beat up and left for dead! This went on too, all these places have ever done is cause disease, dirt, crime, drugs and danger, thank God there are not too many of them left and most guys stopped going anyway because of the disease factor or money or just wised up finally. Human traffic is awful and must be stopped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lake Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 4 min stryk 2,984
Angela Kolomiyets A.K.A. Angela Dolo A.K.A Ange... 5 hr EGG 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 15 hr Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
Good paying job with spanking discipline for fe... (Jan '12) Sun MrJames104 9
Roche Bobois Paris to open in Aventura Sep 25 shara 1
Man fired from Hoover's Ross Bridge resort fata... Sep 24 gulf 1
Lake Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Lake Park Jobs

Lake Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lake Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lake Park

Personal Finance