Cops net arrests, pot, guns in Paradise raid

The Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force found 25 pounds of marijuana while serving a search warrant in Paradise on Monday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Butte County Resident

Chico, CA

#22 Dec 29, 2009
David Breed is a close and personal friend of mine. He is not a criminal but a local drummer in Chico area bands and has been for well over a decade. What can be said in this case? Well, Eric Parker is the obvious drug dealer in this rather innocuous crime. To quote the article, "While Breed had no cash on him, Parker had $2,600 cash when found in Laguna Beach, Sturdy said". The article went on to say that marijuana growers typically have a lot of cash on them. This is an obvious abuse of the law by heavy handed narcotic officers in Butte County. Officers arrested Breed and his girlfriend while citing and releasing Parker. By the inept officer's own admission, marijuana growers typically have lots of cash and Breed had none. Parker, on the other hand, was just arrested with several thousand dollars in his possession. This is an intentional tort called malicious prosecution. It's when officers knowingly arrest the wrong people or trump up excessive charges. It's commonplace in law enforcement. It raises the bail due to the extra charges and potential time that the suspect might serve. This serves the duel purpose of decreasing the chances that one might obtain bail and increase the likelihood of having to spend time in in jail due to excessive bail while the suspect awaits trial. The suspect, now in custody, is faced with the possibility of so much time in prison that he or she is often willing to agree to lesser charges, even those he or she may not have committed. It's what most might refer to as leverage. Police and prosecutors are well aware of how well this style of prosecution works.

Well, this is a truly amazing thing we have in this case and in our legal system on a daily basis. Officers are abusing the law and generally going against the will of the people they supposedly protect. Proposition 215 might have specifically been written for medical patients but I can guarantee that we all voted for it because we were sick of relatively benign drugs like marijuana being treated like dangerous one's like methamphetamine or heroin. It was a step in the write direction. It was an obvious statement from the People of the State of California that we didn't want marijuana prosecuted in this manner. Instead of embracing the will of the people this coward of a man, officer Sturdy, decided to show his personal bias by attacking the users and possessors of marijuana even more vehemently.

Why do I call him a coward? Well, in truth, I have no information to back up this claim. Yep, it was just baseless name calling but at least it wasn't as bad as knowingly arresting and incarcerating a family who is obviously not the owner of a large quantity of marijuana but rather just residents. So I'm a name caller. We all have faults. At least I didn't arrest officer Sturdy and his wife for crimes they obviously didn't commit and cause the loss of their family. Maybe cowardly is a bad description but that's evil and nothing less.

Since: Dec 08

Chico, CA

#23 Dec 30, 2009
"David Breed and Jenifer Miserendino were arrested for possession for sales of marijuana, willful cruelty to a child and being armed in the commission of a felony.

BINTF Commander Carl Sturdy said the marijuana was accessible to the child, as was a loaded 12-gauge shotgun leaning against a wall in the home.

The home was also red-tagged by the town of Paradise as being uninhabitable for code violations. The Paradise Fire Department responded to the home to inspect exposed and dangerous wiring, and fire escape issues in the home."

Resident,

We live in a nanny government state. Leaving loaded guns and dope where kids have access to them is illegal. So is living in a home with illegal wiring. Many pot growers rewire their grow house without proper permits. I don't know if that is the case here. But in this state putting a 2 year old child at risk will land you in jail.

It's to bad that they did not stash their guns as well as they hid their cash. If their medical pot claim doesn't hold up, well, in this county drug-dealers with guns get sent to prison, as well they should.

Honestly is child endangerment no big deal to you?
Born In Chico

Chico, CA

#24 Dec 30, 2009
hello wrote:
If they legalize pot, how are they going to tax it???,,you think the pothead will report their sales?? lmaooo what **** joke. Passing the has done nothing but create more problems, legal growers are getting robbed by the jerks that are to lazy to grow their own or get a medical license.
It's all BS. Most potheads I know about with a license use it for their own use but also sell it.
Sure is a high dollar industry for the dirt bags tho, who probably don't pay taxes or have never even filed, lmaoo, what a farse. All criminals ought to be executed along with the potheads who get caught. They don't produce anything for society it's all about them and their paranoia.
Just because YOU can't figure out the logistics doesn't mean it's a bad idea. The Wal-Marts of the world will figure out how to lower the price and still pay taxes and the people that smoke pot can without the criminal aspect. The Dealers will go back to pushing haroin, oxycontin, meth, etc.

Trust me, legalizing Pot will Not make the dopers go away... but it will allow everyone to benifit from it.
Butte County Resident

Chico, CA

#25 Dec 30, 2009
Yeah, um...Cottonwood resident, like I said, Dave Breed is not a drug dealer or cultivator of marijuana. The owner of that house is. The BINTF commander knows that and, just in case you aren't aware of the tactics of these agents, I can assure you that their aggressive and combat style raids are followed by fluffing up reports so the charges will stick. It's how they operate day to day. You see, I am a Butte County resident. I know BINTF agents and I know Dave Breed. He is not a pot grower, not that that's bad thing like you claim it is, but it's a fact. He was merely on hard times and his family was staying with a friend instead of a shelter. Those are the facts. Dave Breed had no money to hide and the weapons are very likely those of the home owner, a drug dealer. I know these things because I live here and know these people. BINTF are a bunch of liars (personally witnessed this) and they very likely trumped up the availability to the weapons of Breed's child. As for marijuana, I don't think having it near your two year old is dangerous, that is unless you taught them how to pack a bowl and use lighter.

But that's okay. Truth is not a relevant factor. If it were you right wingers would see what I see. It's right there in the article.

By the way, I not only know BINTF and Dave Breed but I know the other poster, Gunner Rogers. Maybe you should comment on things in your own town that pertain to people you know. You don't know what you're talking about. Not in this instance anyway.

Since: Dec 08

Chico, CA

#26 Dec 30, 2009
Butte County Resident wrote:
Yeah, um...Cottonwood resident,.
Fist off that is just being stupid. The Cottenwood ISP just means that ATT my Internet provider is routing through there today. Some times if says Los Molinos or Red Bluff. Ask any regular poster here the ISP listed on Topix doesn't tell you where the poster is. However my town is listed right above the ISP.

I don't think that your buddy or his girl are criminals. But watching a known drug-dealer's [a convicted pot grower who also has an open case with the town cops] 25 pounds of marijuana in a house with loaded guns is beyond stupid. Is it an understatement to say that he put his family in a very bad position? I hope it doesn't stick because being stupid doesn't equate to the need for prison. Like I said we live in a Nanny state and the DA is a real jerk.
Butte County Resident wrote:
As for marijuana, I don't think having it near your two year old is dangerous, that is unless you taught them how to pack a bowl and use lighter.
There you are dead wrong. No one dies from smoking pot. Kids especially small children do die from eating it.
Butte County Resident

Chico, CA

#27 Dec 30, 2009
Calling a person stupid is the lowest form of argument. It's right down there with name calling. I admit, you didn't call me stupid but it was implied. Well, I don't spend tons of time on computers or learning how a particular company routes it's IP addresses and, for all I know, you've just changed your setting to somehow gain validity but, alas, I will refrain from any such allegations.

Anyway, again, I know pot growers and I know Dave Breed. Pot growers are gone all Summer protecting their crops. Dave Breed played the drums in various bands on multiple nights a week in the City of Chico and around Butte County all Summer long. He's a local. Tons of people know him and I am telling you, he's not a "criminal". He's a musician. The fact remains, I know him and you don't. So who cares what you think? What you think is irrelevant. I would no more believe you knew what you were talking about if you told me my father was a piano tuner when I know full well he is a pharmacist. Sorry. That is the just the way it is.

You're are making an argument that children die from eating cannabis? That's obserd. Are you familiar with the measurement known as the LD-50? Look it up. Then look it up for THC. Even the most eager child could not eat themselves to death trying to eat the unpleasant marijuana bud or, rather, buds as it would take a great deal. Sorry, but you made the wrong assertion to the wrong poster. I grew up in a pharmacy. I know what you asserted is silly.

Ever been down on your luck? I have. I've made a bad decision or two. I don't know what a Nanny state is but I agree that the District Attorney's office in this county is run by people who are sick with power and corruption. I hope no one goes to prison as well but Dave Breed is going just there. The plain fact is that marijuana offends officers in my county. They don't accept that we here in Northern California don't want marijuana prosecutions. Period. Hey, I'm not saying that because I smoke pot. I don't and I mean ever.

I do have a recommendation for cannabis from a doctor. Why? Not to smoke pot. I don't imbibe the stuff. Not to grow it. I don't grow it either. I have mine because profiling is occurring with reckless abandon in this county and you need a recommendation just to maintain your privacy rights on the road being whereas 90% of these corrupt jerks in law enforcement will take a look at you and decide they smell marijuana just to illegally search your car. It's happened to me in Chico and Los Molinos. Don't support these cops. They are clearly the greatest abusers of our laws. My argument is that officer Sturdy clearly charged a relatively innocent family with charges he knows they didn't commit. It says as much i the article and that's without even considering these clowns and their corrupt reputation.

Since: Dec 08

Chico, CA

#28 Dec 31, 2009
Butte County Resident wrote:
Calling a person stupid is the lowest form of argument. It's right down there with name calling. I admit, you didn't call me stupid but it was implied. Well, I don't spend tons of time on computers or learning how a particular company routes it's IP addresses and, for all I know, you've just changed your setting to somehow gain validity but, alas, I will refrain from any such allegations..
And yet here you are making allegations. So you think that I went back and changed my home on 700 post to make my screen name creditable? Thinking that the ISP that appears on Topic is where that poster lives is a common mistake made by people new to posting here. It is stupid to build your argument on that and then try to cling to it.

I don't think that your buddy or hid girl are criminals. Did you not get that? Not based on anything you said but on what it says here: http://www.buttecourt.ca.gov/online_index/CMS...

You disagree with the CA legislature's reasoning behind the law prohibiting access to drugs by children, not that what you think matters to the enforcement of that law. But that is want Nanny states do, they pass laws to protect us from perceived danger. Even you could admit that there is some evidence that children having access to loaded guns some times results in their death. Is that a law that really needs to be on the books? Isn't it a self curing problem? And again our nanny government passed a law to prevent parents from being stupid with guns that really only punishes them for stupid acts. There are lots of laws on the books in CA that punish people for doing stupid things as if they can some how legislate people out of doing stupid things.

I would never under any circumstances whatsoever enter a convicted dope-grower's grow house. Especially a grower that as recently as last month had a beef with the Paradise PD: Misdemeanor 2 counts 148(a)(1)PC RESIST/OBSTRUCT/DELAY PEACE OFFICER/ and 1 count Misdemeanor (D) 2800(a) CVC DISOBEDIENCE TO OFFICER. Those are catch all got ya charges that they give to people that do not know how to shut their mouths. Or put another way it's how the cops put it to people for acting stupid.

As for posting opinions on stories in the E-R. That's what this site was created for. If you don't like the free expression of opinions on stories as they are written don't read them. You are not using your name so your post are only as creditable as your reasoning.

It seems silly to get a medical recommendation and county card to use pot for any other reason than to do so. How would that stop a corrupt cop that is willing to fake probable cause from searching your car? I am told that even with a valid card they will arrest you for smoking pot while driving.
Chico No Mo -

Chico, CA

#29 Dec 31, 2009
Butte County Resident wrote:
Calling a person stupid is the lowest form of argument. It's right down there with name calling. I admit, you didn't call me stupid but it was implied. Well, I don't spend tons of time on computers or learning how a particular company routes it's IP addresses and, for all I know, you've just changed your setting to somehow gain validity but, alas, I will refrain from any such allegations.
Anyway, again, I know pot growers and I know Dave Breed. Pot growers are gone all Summer protecting their crops. Dave Breed played the drums in various bands on multiple nights a week in the City of Chico and around Butte County all Summer long. He's a local. Tons of people know him and I am telling you, he's not a "criminal". He's a musician. The fact remains, I know him and you don't. So who cares what you think? What you think is irrelevant. I would no more believe you knew what you were talking about if you told me my father was a piano tuner when I know full well he is a pharmacist. Sorry. That is the just the way it is...
You sure do know Pot growers & Pot smokers... must be high when you respond on these threads... cuz ya sure don't make much sense.... consistenly... just a lotta words... trying to put people down... sounds like you're having a hard time building your credibility and think bad mouthing people will help... NOT!
LOL

Paradise, CA

#30 Dec 31, 2009
Butte County Resident wrote:
Yeah, um...Cottonwood resident, like I said, Dave Breed is not a drug dealer or cultivator of marijuana. The owner of that house is. The BINTF commander knows that and, just in case you aren't aware of the tactics of these agents, I can assure you that their aggressive and combat style raids are followed by fluffing up reports so the charges will stick. It's how they operate day to day. You see, I am a Butte County resident. I know BINTF agents and I know Dave Breed. He is not a pot grower, not that that's bad thing like you claim it is, but it's a fact. He was merely on hard times and his family was staying with a friend instead of a shelter. Those are the facts. Dave Breed had no money to hide and the weapons are very likely those of the home owner, a drug dealer. I know these things because I live here and know these people. BINTF are a bunch of liars (personally witnessed this) and they very likely trumped up the availability to the weapons of Breed's child. As for marijuana, I don't think having it near your two year old is dangerous, that is unless you taught them how to pack a bowl and use lighter.
But that's okay. Truth is not a relevant factor. If it were you right wingers would see what I see. It's right there in the article.
By the way, I not only know BINTF and Dave Breed but I know the other poster, Gunner Rogers. Maybe you should comment on things in your own town that pertain to people you know. You don't know what you're talking about. Not in this instance anyway.
Well if you associate and "Know" Dave Breed and Gunner Rogers chances are you are a dirtbag as well. You have alot of credibility, especially when saying you know how BINTF works and the padding of reports. Your a joke, and yes Dave Breed and Gunner Rogers are criminals. Whats on your rap sheet? Oh wait, here it comes, "I am not a criminal nor do I have a rap sheet", yeah right.
gunner rogers for sheriff

Chico, CA

#31 Aug 28, 2010
how dare u talked about me
gunner rogers

Chico, CA

#32 Sep 10, 2010
please give respect honor to gunner rogers and his brother james spartan rogers, john davis miller.. they meant no harm to us....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laguna Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Sukhee Kang as Mayor? Nov 25 A 1
Editorial: UC tuition hikes don't sit well Nov 20 Ace McMillan 4
Clean Slate program creates murals at Valley pu... (Nov '10) Nov 19 Eijah Juliana 3
XsunX Reports Commercial Solar Systems Sales In... Nov 12 guay 1
GMO battles over 'settled' science spur new stu... Nov 11 One way or another 2
Man lying on railroad tracks has foot severed b... Nov 10 Rich grant 1
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct '14 12adf 19

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at November 28 at 7:01PM PST

Laguna Beach News Video

Laguna Beach Dating
Find my Match

Laguna Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Laguna Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Laguna Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 pm PST