Driver suspected of DUI crashes twice during traffic stop

Full story: Daily Breeze

A 42-year-old Huntington Beach man who crashed his car twice during a traffic stop this weekend in Laguna Beach faces a driving under the influence charge, police said today.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
westside steve

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Drunk is as drunk does.
Just the facts

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

As part of his punishment make him watch the video in front of his family when he gets out of jail. Good thing nobody was hurt.

“Quotes don't replace thinking”

Since: Aug 08

Temecula

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Looks to me like he crashed 3 times. At least he used his turn signal.*Suspected* of DUI? A DUI is the only way he would ever be allowed to drive again because if he wasn't wasted then there's no explanation for what happened.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/car-276028-ram...
Pour Fools

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

MSNBC just reported HB is considering posting names and faces of convicted DUIs. What about the bars that pour? A young person can go into a place like Shore in Long Beach, and being the designated driver for the night, order only non-alcoholic drinks. But Shore offers bottle service, which then gives the power to pour to any and all patrons, who in turn pour for their friends who may or may not know how much alcohol they are consuming. Once was a time when the drinking establishment was held responsible in part or in whole. But then came "free market" unregulated enterprise, and we don't want to interfere with the barkeep's ability to make money hand over fist selling entire bottles, now do we?

H.B. should be more concerned with their businesses who are encouraging binge drinking, if they truly want to prevent people from driving after consumption of alcohol. I suspect H.B. is working hand-in-glove with the bars. Seriously. There are more cops out at night prowling for DUIs than you see out on the streets during the day. Why? Could it be that DUIs net the City more revenue from those high DUI fines than, say, the growing numbers of people driving through stop signs?

This DUI incident is truly horrible. But should a DUI driver be shamed anymore than a person talking on their cell phone? I've personally witnessed two accidents this week relating to drivers talking on cell phones. Where do we draw the line at public flogging? And I'd ask the H.B. Chief of Police to post his own daughter's picture if this proposition passes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Laguna Beach News Video

•••
•••

Laguna Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Laguna Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••