Why Does Saul Alinsky Inspire Such Passion?

Jan 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

Professional organizer Saul Alinsky is shown in a photo dated Feb. 20, 1966, on Chicago's South Side, where he organized the Woodlawn area to battle slum conditions.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of118
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

5

4

3

It's certainly not because most of the rightie traitors know anything about him.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
It's certainly not because most of the rightie traitors know anything about him.
LOL, exactly… all they know (just like when it comes to their psychotic screams of socialism, communism and Marxism) is that fox news has told them they need to hate him.

The right-wing tea-baggers are stupid ignorant idiots.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, exactly… all they know (just like when it comes to their psychotic screams of socialism, communism and Marxism) is that fox news has told them they need to hate him.
The right-wing tea-baggers are stupid ignorant idiots.
At least we didn't re-elect that commie bastard Jon Corzine, Obama's Mentor, in New Jersey. He just loves Alynski too and look what an asshole he turned out to be. Soon all of America will see what Obama is as Alynski's infamous commie name gets tossed around more and more. keep it up and you will destroy Obama. You have to be nuts to side with Alynski. Totally out of your minds.
conservative crapola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

1

Alinsky's rules for radicals include these tactics. Read carefully. You'll see that the conservative playbook encompasses most if not all of them. Funny how they vilify the 'radical' they've chosen to emulate.

1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."

2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat....[and] the collapse of communication.

3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.(This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."

7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time...."

8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."

9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."

10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign."

11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative."

12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."

13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...

"...any target can always say,'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

6

3

3

BandMaster wrote:
<quoted text>At least we didn't re-elect that commie bastard Jon Corzine, Obama's Mentor, in New Jersey. He just loves Alynski too and look what an asshole he turned out to be. Soon all of America will see what Obama is as Alynski's infamous commie name gets tossed around more and more. keep it up and you will destroy Obama. You have to be nuts to side with Alynski. Totally out of your minds.
Just so you understand, you are an obnoxious, clueless fool, and living proof of my earlier post.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

BandMaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon all of America will see what Obama is as Alynski's infamous commie name gets tossed around more and more.
That strategy worked wonders with Reverend Jeremiah Wright… and you even had video to boot with that plan, LOL.

But we have an even better name to toss around… try “Osama bin Laden”. Once the American people hear the patriotic details of how President Obama’s strong and brilliant leadership put that bastard at the bottom of the ocean we won’t see infamy… but we will see a lot of infancy as you right-wing nuts cry like babies about Obama’s successful re-election.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

conservative crapola wrote:
Alinsky's rules for radicals include these tactics. Read carefully. You'll see that the conservative playbook encompasses most if not all of them. Funny how they vilify the 'radical' they've chosen to emulate.
1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat....[and] the collapse of communication.
3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.(This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time...."
8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign."
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative."
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...
"...any target can always say,'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'
It's also useful to point out that when Alinsky died, Obama was 10 years old. Further, Obama's methods are in many ways the antithesis of Alinsky's approach.
celticwarriors

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Because to a repuglyCON, anyone that helps the poor is bad. It hurts their head. Being compassionate is a big no-no to them. (And they can't see the hypocrisy of claiming to be Christians, they don't have the maturity to do so.) P.S. This boogeyman from Fraud News is dead. Research shows that lower intelligences tend to be right wingers.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

conservative crapola wrote:
Alinsky's rules for radicals include these tactics. Read carefully. You'll see that the conservative playbook encompasses most if not all of them. Funny how they vilify the 'radical' they've chosen to emulate.
1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat....[and] the collapse of communication.
3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.(This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time...."
8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign."
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... every positive has its negative."
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and 'frozen.'...
"...any target can always say,'Why do you center on me when there are others to blame as well?' When your 'freeze the target,' you disregard these [rational but distracting] arguments.... Then, as you zero in and freeze your target and carry out your attack, all the 'others' come out of the woodwork very soon. They become visible by their support of the target...'
It is a DAMN SHAME the Democrats haven't yet learned those principles like the brainwashed dittoheads, foxfreaks, and teabaggers.

I don't know Alinsky ever advocated showing up at protests with a 9 Mil Glock strapped on your thigh &/or carrying signs with racist messages.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, exactly… all they know (just like when it comes to their psychotic screams of socialism, communism and Marxism) is that fox news has told them they need to hate him.
The right-wing tea-baggers are stupid ignorant idiots.
Hold a sec there, moron. You and other left brained clowns tout how you are the middle class, yet alinsky is trying to destroy the middle class, and you praise him??? Dumbocrats!

Alinsky saw the United States as an unfair society which needed to be reordered by any mean that would work. He detested the values of the middle class which he considered to be self indulgent and greedy. Since the middle class is the real backbone of the society that had formed in America it would be necessary to tear down that middle class before the society itself could be rebuilt on a more acceptable model. The model was Marxist.

Alright, all phoney Marines report to nobama immediately and say, oops, we fkd up, sir. Then a forced road march back to looneytown!
Ralph

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, exactly… all they know (just like when it comes to their psychotic screams of socialism, communism and Marxism) is that fox news has told them they need to hate him.
The right-wing tea-baggers are stupid ignorant idiots.
So says the jobless, racist, non tax paying, career welfare rat.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

celticwarriors wrote:
Because to a repuglyCON, anyone that helps the poor is bad. It hurts their head. Being compassionate is a big no-no to them.(And they can't see the hypocrisy of claiming to be Christians, they don't have the maturity to do so.) P.S. This boogeyman from Fraud News is dead. Research shows that lower intelligences tend to be right wingers.
You are full of it. Its the endless amount of money needed from taxation, fees, fines and everything else hidden in our bills and everyday living.We are so compassionate that the tyranny of a fascist state has slowly enveloped us now. Talk is easy. Go up to a high tax city and live with the underpriveleged for the rest of your life. Bradenton sounds like retirement central where many who worked after World War 2 and lucked into heavy payouts and pensions from a number one manufacturing America that was effectively dead upon that generation's retirement years and could afford to move to a second home or more even if you misspent your income from younger days. Of course that is not you. But you know someone like that. I propose every American receives payouts and pensions to start. It is the compassionate thing to do. And don't try to change the social security system now that the boomers who pay 15% of income into it are no going to collect. Compassion is the way to go.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just so you understand, you are an obnoxious, clueless fool, and living proof of my earlier post.
Proof of what? that you know nothing about Saul Alynski? You have proved that. Perhaps you also like Van Jones?
Army Ranger Matt

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 30, 2012
 
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, exactly… all they know (just like when it comes to their psychotic screams of socialism, communism and Marxism) is that fox news has told them they need to hate him.
The right-wing tea-baggers are stupid ignorant idiots.
You're just jealous because the conservatives won't accept a dipshyt like you. Isn't it about time for you to answer yourself as Caribou?
Army Ranger Matt

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 30, 2012
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's also useful to point out that when Alinsky died, Obama was 10 years old. Further, Obama's methods are in many ways the antithesis of Alinsky's approach.
Is that right you Marxist turd roller!

“Kenyan Constitution Cannibal”

Since: Jan 12

Witchdoctor Head Shrinker

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is it any surprise that both the Kenyan lizard AND Shillary are both huge worshipers of both Alinsky and lib eugenicist (and Planned Parenthood founder) Margaret Sanger?

In 1969, Hillary Rodham wrote a 92-page senior thesis for Wellesley College titled "There Is Only the Fight ... ": An Analysis of the Alinsky Model.

The subject was famed radical community organizer Saul Alinsky. Rodham, an honors student at Wellesley, received an A grade on the thesis. The work then went unnoticed until Hillary Rodham Clinton entered the White House as First Lady. Clinton researchers and political opponents sought out the thesis, thinking it contained evidence that Rodham had held strong radical or socialist views.

In early 1993, the White House requested that Wellesley not release the thesis to anyone. Wellesley complied, instituting a new rule that closed access to the thesis of any sitting U.S. president or first lady, a rule that in practice applied only to Rodham.

“Kenyan Constitution Cannibal”

Since: Jan 12

Witchdoctor Head Shrinker

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

In the Alinsky model,“organizing” is a euphemism for “revolution”-- a wholesale revolution whose ultimate objective is the systematic acquisition of power by a purportedly oppressed segment of the population, and the radical transformation of America’s social and economic structure. The goal is to foment enough public discontent, moral confusion, and outright chaos to spark the social upheaval that Marx, Engels, and Lenin predicted -- a revolution whose foot soldiers view the status quo as fatally flawed and wholly unworthy of salvation.

Alinsky’s revolution promised that by changing the structure of society’s institutions, it would rid the world of such vices as socio-pathology and criminality. Arguing that these vices were caused not by personal character flaws but rather by external societal influences, Alinsky's worldview was thoroughly steeped in the socialist left’s collectivist, class-based doctrine of economic determinism.“The radical’s affection for people is not lessened,” said Alinsky,“… when masses of them demonstrate a capacity for brutality, selfishness, hate, greed, avarice, and disloyalty. It is not the people who must be judged but the circumstances that made them that way.”
__________

SOUND FAMILIAR? It's the poison of liberalism incarnate -- the very antithises of conservative principles of self-reliance, individualism, integrity, honesty, honor, accountability, and responsibility.

http://vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules.html

“Kenyan Constitution Cannibal”

Since: Jan 12

Witchdoctor Head Shrinker

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The antithesis of Alinsky:

"The totalitarian world produces backwardness because it does such violence to the spirit, thwarting the human impulse to create, to enjoy, to worship." -- Ronald Reagan

"We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion that the fat man got that way by taking advantage of the thin one!" -- Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." -- Ronald Reagan
conservative crapola

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

As a student of Alinsky, you would know that. Invoke a few more tactics and continue to prove you follow his guide for conservative radicals.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 30, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Noot Gingrich uses Alinsky's "rules for radicals" at every turn.

The hypocricy is breathtaking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of118
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lady Lake Discussions

Search the Lady Lake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fake ID (Dec '12) 1 hr Ted Danzig IS A SCAMMER 8
Are The Villages the best place to retire in Fl... (Apr '09) 7 hr Elsewhere 409
Anybody try TalkOfTheVillages.com (Mar '08) 8 hr The Villager 2 790
Review: Hanson's Auto Truck & Rv RPR (Apr '10) 11 hr learnedquick 36
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 16 hr Bright Guy 2,645
moderators 17 hr Mary 9
how old were you when you first tasted c*m and ... Mon MatthewxD 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lady Lake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lady Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••