Helicopter circling above?

Posted in the Ladera Ranch Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spooked

Ladera Ranch, CA

#1 Nov 16, 2006
Um, what's going on with the helicopter that's been circling over Ladera for the last half hour? Over by Covenant Hills and the school? Kind of creepy if you ask me. No spot lights or anything - just circling around... and still going...
ANNOYED

Ladera Ranch, CA

#2 Jul 15, 2008
i don't know but it has been doing this for the past couple days I have heard it.
irritated

Ladera Ranch, CA

#3 Jul 15, 2008
its driving me crazy
Freaked out

United States

#4 Jul 29, 2009
Yes, here over Laguna Hills, three of them - no spotlights, for about the last 30 minutes.
Seem to of found it

Laguna Beach, CA

#5 Jul 30, 2009
Yea last night they (three helicopters) were circling around for hours right above Alicia and Pacific Park/Oso, and then all of a sudden the big spotlight came down they were shinning it in one spot for about 20 minutes at about 11:00 PM, I think it is linking to the story of the old woman who went missing in Aliso last week, who knows
Curious

Ladera Ranch, CA

#6 Mar 4, 2010
Now I heard sirens. Then...nothing.
Curious

Ladera Ranch, CA

#7 Mar 4, 2010
Wait a minute, today is March 4, 2010. Helicopter without lights circled for minutes, then I heard sirens, then nothing.
mee tooo

Ladera Ranch, CA

#8 Mar 4, 2010
darn annoying

Since: Aug 09

Ladera Ranch, CA

#9 Mar 4, 2010
It's March 4, 2010 and the copter is stil circling since 8 pm... Why..?
This Aint Compton

Ladera Ranch, CA

#10 Mar 4, 2010
I called the OC Sheriff who said the helicopter was assisting ground units and was circling in case of need. They also said that the suspects were detained. Now no more helicopter.

Since: Aug 09

Ladera Ranch, CA

#11 Mar 4, 2010
This helicopter problem has been going on for the last 6 years since I lived in Ladera.. Day or night …from what I see it has the markings of a police helicopter. It must be a police helo .?. But why circle 1000 times over a suburban area…. Why can’t they practice over San Juan or San Clemente..? Mama Mia… Give me a break!
This Aint Compton

Ladera Ranch, CA

#12 Mar 4, 2010
I've lived here since 02' and haven't really noticed it as a problem until the past few months. Last month it was a supposed gunshot. Tonight I'm not sure what it was. It was a gold and green copter tonight and the sheriff confirmed there was a disturbance. Maybe the Register will shed more light in the morning.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#13 Mar 5, 2010
why get so worked up over a helicopter circling around? damm people just be thankful there is one!!! stupid ass people!
jdub

Mission Viejo, CA

#14 Apr 4, 2010
It's April 3rd, 2010 and there are helicopters overhead for the last 20 minutes. Does anyone have any idea why?
LMS

San Clemente, CA

#15 May 23, 2010
We live in San Clemente and a helicopter is flying in circles above our area of the neighborhood.. It's dinner time, dog is barking... How do we find out why?
Do we dare call the Sheriff's Department?? Are we in any danger when this is going on?

Location hidden

#16 May 28, 2010
LMS wrote:
We live in San Clemente and a helicopter is flying in circles above our area of the neighborhood.. It's dinner time, dog is barking... How do we find out why?
Do we dare call the Sheriff's Department?? Are we in any danger when this is going on?
what an idiot, scared of a frickin helicopter, sounds you need a little street smarts!lmao!
ThereShouldBeBet ter

Gardena, CA

#17 Aug 30, 2010
You either don't live in a place where this is a problem meha, or you just cannot hear. The only reason I'm finding these comments is because I've heard the THIRD helicopter in an hour, and its after 2am!!!

Its not fear of the helicopter, its utter annoyance at it being so LOW, LOUD and FREQUENT. They use them for EVERYTHING now...and its a huge waste, not to mention an invasion of privacy to have this on top of my head (less than 200ft) DAILY.

Try to pay attention to what people are writing.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 30, 2010
ThereShouldBeBetter wrote:
You either don't live in a place where this is a problem meha, or you just cannot hear. The only reason I'm finding these comments is because I've heard the THIRD helicopter in an hour, and its after 2am!!!
Its not fear of the helicopter, its utter annoyance at it being so LOW, LOUD and FREQUENT. They use them for EVERYTHING now...and its a huge waste, not to mention an invasion of privacy to have this on top of my head (less than 200ft) DAILY.
Try to pay attention to what people are writing.
I live in rancho sanata margarita, and no i dont freak out by a helicopter flying above, now if they are shooting from their helicopter, then get worried!ever thnk its the military, doing their nightly manuevers? yes they do it in the noght! just be thankful they are doing this to protect your ass!

Location hidden

#19 Aug 30, 2010
LMS wrote:
YOU LIVE VERY CLOSE TO CAMP PENDLETON, DOES THAT RING A BELL?? DUH!!!
tammy

Mission Viejo, CA

#20 Dec 2, 2010
what is happening in ladera? helicopter circling for at least an hour

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ladera Ranch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
China Moon Did Not Impress My Appetite Sun Little Kitchen Is... 3
San Onofre Nuke Plant Closed, but the Siren Tes... Oct 15 Joe Blow 1
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct 13 12adf 19
the rudeness of the 'adults' in ladera ranch (Oct '12) Aug '14 Louise C 11
Review: B-Megafit (Mar '14) Mar '14 jsanchez 2
Capo School Board Urges Denial of Apartments Ne... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Joanna Clark 1
ladera ranch middle school (Oct '13) Oct '13 Impeach Obama 2

Ladera Ranch News Video

Ladera Ranch Dating
Find my Match

Ladera Ranch Jobs

Ladera Ranch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ladera Ranch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ladera Ranch

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]