Pastor plans Pomona police protest

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

A La Verne pastor will lead a march in front of the Pomona Police Department today to protest officers searching his church during an investigation into one of its members who has been charged with murder.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of121
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Revelation Reader

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Judged:

Read the book of Revelation to learn about End Times and Churches that don't follow the Lord's words. Sounds like this "Pastor" is mad that the police did their job. Wonder if anything will turn up that the church "harbored" this fugitive...
MARTINEZ FAMILY

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

I know that Pomona Police were just doing there job. You would think that the church would want to do the right thing and assit them in finding the MURDERS of that little boy. wooow all i have to say is i cant believe what this world is coming to even in the church's remember thats gods house!!!! I know that det. Guenther is one of the best that pomona has so I highly doubt that he would do anything wrong...
John Lyons RC

Rowlett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

In 1975 when I moved here Pomona was the 4th City in the Satate for violent crime. the fact is there criminal have been commiting crimes in all the surrounding cities they have had to spend millions of dollars. Every one has had to pay the price for Pomona. this is just some of the fall out living next to a gang land City. It better the police vist than the gangs. Not much choice.
David

Lake Elsinore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Judged:

THE PASTOR IS AN IDIOT! SUPPORT THE POLICE.
ODB

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

well i think he is mad because the police dident tell them what was going on im sure if they had explaind why and what they were doing there he wouldent be mad.
Steve

Diamond Bar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

God bless the Police for doing their job. Sounds like the pastor might have something he is trying to hide. Let me see... They took financial records, searched the children ministry area, and took congregation members lists. Sounds like a little more than an 18 year old cold case.
Johnny Cardenas

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Does anyone know if this church is a "traditional" type church, or is it one of those churches that is made up of a large percentage of "reformed" drug users and criminals?
I'm not criticizing this type of church, I'm sure they sometimes do a lot of good. But a lot of the "reformed" users and ex-con's seem to reform, then slip back, reform again and so on. It seems that some of the ministers and pastors that work with these people sometimes tend to take on some of the attitudes towards police that their parishoners have.
It would seem that a little bit of inconvenience might be worth it if it helped to gather evidence against the killer of a young child.
Annonymous

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Sounds to me that this pastor forgot to pray instead of letting his flesh show, and needs to go back and study his bible again
junnigh carrasco

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Judged:

First of all that is not a reason to protest, the law is the law. And that Pastor should no that, there is an investation going on, and someone who was killed. That is more important then, the Pastor worried about his church being search, thats just plan stupidness. A Church in open, its Gods house not he Pastors house, and I guess God felt that a search needed to be done or he wouldnt of allowed it in the first place..I will pray for that Pastor to open his eyes to more important things...
big red

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

No one knows what this mother is going through she loved her son and he was a joy to his grandma and all his family he was full of laughter loved music it was a great loss to are family he couldnt wait to go to school l got hem a backpack when my boys started school because he wanted to go with them we think of hem always i just put this in gods hands that the people involed come forward and ask god for forgiveness so we can put this to rest apv ca
dodgers55

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

Sounds like this Pastor is hiding something other than information that could convict a murdering bottom feeder!! This Pastor is just looking to get his name in the Daily Bulletin and get a little fame. Pomona PD, go do your thing and catch these bottom feeding, coward gang members that kill innocent people!!
jim

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

pomona police need all the help they can get when a body is found in thier own parking lot that they missed, maybe they need to pray, the pastor is doing what he feels is right but every-one wants to play judge.
David

Lake Elsinore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

This pastor needs to cooperate with the police not hinder their investigation. If we all assist the police crime will drop.
the other Big Red

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

Judged:

You guys don't know what my Step-mom has gone through for the past 18 years you guys, did not have to see her cry everyday for her son that she did not get to see grow in to a bright young man. It sickens me what Jim from Pomona has to say open your eyes you idiot obviously the pastor is hiding something especially probably knowing he was harboring a child murderer.
House of Praise

Batesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

Pastor John as he is known to many in the Pomona Valley community is a Whore Monger. He will do anything to have "HIS" church in the paper. The House of Praise is made up of mostly God fearing people who are good. John uses Gods word but twists it's meaning to attempt to get his way.
He has always used fear to control "his flock"

John, God says to follow the laws of the land. John If you are not guilty and are not hiding someone or something open your doors and let the police do their job.
hopeful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

I know for a fact that this is'nt easy on my family after 18yrs. and it is a hard siuation to relive. gilbert didn't even get to go to kindergarden or to enjoy all the things in life other kids have. he lost his life at a very young age. and even though we know he is in heaven with God almighty. he is missed and loved dearly by the all his family who lost the time we could have had seeing him enjoying life. he deserves justice and so does are family. we know she has kids and we feel for them but she knows what she did and she needs to tell the truth. how could any christian live knowing that they had a part in the death of an innocent child especailly when they have children of thier own. put yourself in our shoes. you know you would want justice too. we will always love and miss you my baby cousin gilbert! God Bless you!
sod25

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

I for one think that the Pomona PD will be there for the family of that little boy. I know their investigators are some of the best in the land. God bless you PPD for being there for our citizens. I agree with "David". The pastor is an idiot.
house of praise

Cypress, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

people, people are you gone mad? everyone knows that the pomona police are crooks in police uniforms. they are lazy, uncaring about the people that they are so called serving. they should be done away with and replaced with the L.A. County Sheriff's, just like the Pomona Fire Dept. was replaced with L.A.C. Fire. Law enforcement should alway work with the Church Leaders and show them the respect that is there's. when this Family child was killed (the killer should be caught and tried to the full extent of the law.) the Church should step and help this family in their time of need. By the church I mean every person who names the Name of Jesus as Savior, Police or Pastor and everyone in between. even those who say they don't Jesus, should help.
a person who cares

Cypress, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

if the mother was hanging out with gang members in a gang area. like happy town in pomona. I googled leebe St. that where the paper said. the mother and toddler were setting in a parked car, when she ducked and was missed, by the gun shots, but the baby was hit and passed away. if the mother endangered her son life by her lifestyle and the people she associated with maybe she should be arrested and charged for the killing of her son.
this is a wasted life of a toddler who could have grown up to be special. a husband, father, pastor or even a teacher, how about a senator. Think about what gangs are doing to are cities. Pomona Police have done nothing to change it's city gangs in the years since the baby death. what's wrong with this picture?
John Lyons RC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

hopeful wrote:
I know for a fact that this is'nt easy on my family after 18yrs. and it is a hard siuation to relive. gilbert didn't even get to go to kindergarden or to enjoy all the things in life other kids have. he lost his life at a very young age. and even though we know he is in heaven with God almighty. he is missed and loved dearly by the all his family who lost the time we could have had seeing him enjoying life. he deserves justice and so does are family. we know she has kids and we feel for them but she knows what she did and she needs to tell the truth. how could any christian live knowing that they had a part in the death of an innocent child especailly when they have children of thier own. put yourself in our shoes. you know you would want justice too. we will always love and miss you my baby cousin gilbert! God Bless you!
Our heart and prayers go out to your and your family. What the Police did is just part of the investigation this Church leader does not like the Police looking at his group. Maybe his goup has had problems in the past maybe he is trying to send a message for the future. The important thing is to let this family rest bring clouser to something they will never forget.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of121
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Verne Discussions

Search the La Verne Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min Bruin For Life 26,074
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr just sayin 199,072
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Daves Not Here 15,654
Shoe thrower a tea party nut 3 hr Res Wing 1
Douglas Gene GoodOleBoys 4 hr Finally 1
Flea Party (Jan '10) 5 hr TP extremists go 9
Gang member guilty of Rancho Cucamonga murder (May '08) 10 hr resident 373
•••
•••

La Verne News Video

•••
•••

La Verne Jobs

•••
•••