Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140409 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Such anger, such hate, and such pathology..
The very reason that Obama will not win is because you think that he can overturn the state constitutions of 32 states, and suspend the 10th Amendment.
Obama has been smacked down three times by the High Court.
I think that you just want to screw gays, Christians don't want you.
Have you heard the good news, North Carolina has set in motion the banning of gay civil unions and independent sources say that a ripple effect will follow.
Funny how you mention the Constitution when those states that ban gay marriage aren't allowing the 14th amendment of the Constitution, which contains the equality clause. North Carolina singled out gay and lesbians in their state and deny them equal rights.

North KKKarolina = fascist state

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140410 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
Now, you just stop, we know that you are the bigot.
I'm not the one denying people EQUAL RIGHTS and writing DISCRIMINATION into a state's CONSTITUTION.

“"Always Over The Horizon"”

Since: Dec 11

Waco Texas

#140411 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Such anger, such hate, and such pathology..
The very reason that Obama will not win is because you think that he can overturn the state constitutions of 32 states, and suspend the 10th Amendment.
Obama has been smacked down three times by the High Court.
I think that you just want to screw gays, Christians don't want you.
Have you heard the good news, North Carolina has set in motion the banning of gay civil unions and independent sources say that a ripple effect will follow.
YOU,a Christian? Ha! Ha! Ha! Good one! Jesus is weeping for you as I write this post! More like he weeps for you,his phony follower who preaches only hate! "Judge not,lest ye be judged" and 'Let he without sin cast the first stone" You are NO Christian and you give all decent one's a bad name! You are a sociopath and that's as plain as the nose on your twisted hateful face!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#140412 May 9, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one denying people EQUAL RIGHTS and writing DISCRIMINATION into a state's CONSTITUTION.
If you
believe denying marriage to a relationship
will prevent love

If you
demand any committed relationship
has to be called marriage

If you
claim rights and benefits can only be acquired
by a imposition on marriage

If you
equate the diversity of two genders
with the redundancy of same genders

If you
desecrate the sacred tradition of all major religions
and violate the historic practice of every single culture in history

If you
believe a fundamental change to the building block of society
will have absolutely no effect

If you
think a law can change
the reality of crucial distinctions in relationships

If you
pretend duplicating sexuality
is the same as blending masculinity and femininity

If you
condemn some children to parents of only one gender
and deliberately deny some children one natural parent

If you
ignore the design of sexual union
to manipulate a harmful act

If you
violate evolution's law of reproduction
to equate a genetic dead end

If you
risk the healthiest human relationship
to include one of the unhealthiest

If you
parallel the sole birthplace of every other relationship
with one that can reproduce none

If you
dilute all these things
down to just 'a committed relationship of two people'

Then, and only then, can you equate same-sex unions with marriage.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#140413 May 9, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Bruno I found this picture.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Awwwwww sweet
Don't waste your time queer one, I won't open it ... lol

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#140414 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the beating that the gay community took from the APA?
APA revises 'gay gene' theory - admits it's not a psychological disorder
on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:32 AM
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp...
The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" -- meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are born that way.
For decades, the APA has not considered homosexuality a psychological disorder, while other professionals in the field consider it to be a "gender-identity" problem. But the new statement, which appears in a brochure called "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," states the following:
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."
That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."
Peter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, believes the more recent statement is an important admission because it undermines a popular theory.
"People need to understand that the 'gay gene' theory has been one of the biggest propaganda boons of the homosexual movement over the last 10 [or] 15 years," he points out. "Studies show that if people think that people are born homosexual they're much less likely to resist the gay agenda."
Matt Barber with Liberty Counsel feels the pronouncement may have something to do with saving face. "Well, I think here the American Psychological Association is finally trying to restore some credibility that they've lost over the years by having become a clearly political organization as opposed to an objective, scientific organization," he states.(Hear audio report)
With the new information from the APA, Barber wonders if the organization will admit that homosexuals who want to change can change.
"It's irrefutable from a medical standpoint that people can leave the homosexual lifestyle," he argues. "Homosexuality is defined by behavior. Untold thousands of people have found freedom from that lifestyle through either reparative therapy or through -- frankly, most effectively -- a relationship with Jesus Christ."
Frankly this says it al..........If you believe OneNewsNow.com is an important source for Christian news,
please consider a small tax-deductible gift for this service.

This is from the APA,2003

We have examined many causes for homosexuality in the preceding pages, both biological and social. And although an interesting topic of debate, no one theory or experiment leads to a definitive answer. Some believe that the characters found on Xq28 are the Holy Grail of homosexuality research, the elusive 'gay gene'. Others may place stock in the theories of Foucault and Halperin. Perhaps Simon LeVay did reveal to us that anatomy is the key to understanding the difference in sexual orientation. Perhaps there is no one answer, that sexual orientation, whether homosexual or heterosexual; gay, straight, lesbian, or bisexual, all are a cause of a complex interaction between environmental, cognitive, and anatomical factors, shaping the individual at an early age

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140415 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>So, you think that they have not, and is that your final answer? Are you sure? Do you want to phone a friend. Ding, wrong.
APA revises 'gay gene' theory - admits it's not a psychological disorder
on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:32 AM
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp...
LaBarbera stresses that even though elites will not recognize the change, that does not mean the change does not exist. In fact, both Barber and LaBarbera believe that God changes people through Christ -- regardless of the sin.
Lets cut to the chase shall we? The APA relased a paper in 2003, they never claimed there to be a " Gay Gene", so how did they revise anything? You little copy and paste job is from a Christian website, whos idea is simple, pray your Gay away. Go away Doctor Demented.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140416 May 9, 2012
Dugas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you put up with it at all.
I would move to Canda post haste.
When President Romney takes office DOMA
will be defended in court and DADT will
make a huge comeback.
It's just a treatable pathology but you
avoid admiting you are sick and need help.
If Oven Mitt is elected he will not defend DOMA, you can not defend an unconstitutional law. It would have to be rewritten and then submitted to congress.

DADT, silly azz law. It never stopped a Gay person from joining the military. Simply made a ruel, we wont ask and you don't tell. Now if you did tell them you where Gay then you can be discharged from the service. The killing of DADT was needed. A persons sexual orientation has nothing to do with their ability to preform their duties. Homosexuality is not a physical or mental issue that prevents the discharge of ones duties. Yes a Gay man or woman is capable of defending the US Constitution.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140417 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what's wrong: when you meatheads use data about lesbians to make claims about gay men. You try to get away with all the time. You do it with marriage data -- "Studies show lesbians make good parents; ergo, gay men will make good parents too."
Well, that's not science; that's stupidity.
OMG Professor Poof, I showed you proof that there are Gays ( men and women) in Hasidim . I posted a damn link. Then you claim that Homosexuality is only man on man and does not include lesbians. I posted the definition of homosexuality to show you that you where wrong. Now you fly off on some wild ass tangent about lesbians making good parents.

Look Professor Poof, you stated you where writing a book that there are no homosexual Hasidim Jews. I just wanted to show you that your book is flawed, thus stopping you from making a complete ass of yourself. From this point on, I promise that I will not stop you any longer. Charge on and show the rest of the world what we already know.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#140418 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your source ...?
Look, Einstein, 99% of the adult males in Williamsburg, Satmar Hasidim community are married to women.
That's fact.
Do you know what fact is, fella, or must I explain that to you too?
Oh look at you....obsessed with only the male gays.

Fact - Closeted gays are capable of marrying women. They've been doing it for centuries. Do you know what a fact is, jackass, or must I explain that to you too?

Oh, and we're still waiting for you to prove that none of these men have inate attractions to the same gender. You're the one that claimed there were no homosexuals in the Hasidim community. Prove it fucktard.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#140419 May 9, 2012
RALEIGH -- North Carolina has become the 31st state to add an amendment on marriage to its constitution, with voters banning same-sex marriage and barring legal recognition of unmarried couples by state and local governments.

You can point fingers at certain groups and bark your hate, but what it comes down to is people voting.

Location hidden

#140420 May 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>

That is why the entire gay community paid for the perverts that were exposing themselves to children here in Vallarta.....
I, and 99.9% of the gay community didn't "pay" for these perverts in anyway. My life has been completely uneffected by them. In fact, as in the vast majority of cases, I didn't even know anything about them until a jackass bigot like yourself brought them to my attention. The only one concerned with them is YOU.
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
They gays supported this type of behavior
Present evidence of this "support"

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

What's that hon? You're a lying sack of shyt? Yes dear, we know.
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
so the blame when t to the whole gay community....
No, it didn't. I haven't been blamed for their actions and neither has any other gay person I know. Just like my straight neighbors haven't been blamed for the shinanigins of the straight people exposing themselves on a daily basis on Bourbon Street every night.

Please peddle your bullshyt at your church. No one here is buying it Gary.....ooops, I mean Here Is One.
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that if the gay community had stood up here (and now they do) and policed there selfs and when something like this happened they stood up and said it was wrong and that is not what the gay community was about then the focus of the new laws here would have been on the law breakers and not the whole gay community.......
Police ourselves? Sod off nitwit.
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that the laws have swung in a way that the whole community is paying for the acts of a few the community is policing its self....
They have bought and paid for posters in both English and Spanish telling the gay community that the world is watching and how they act reflex on the community and if the community sees indecent behavior they will report it to the police...
Again we are not talking about some dimly lit club that one must be 21 to enter.......
This was down town in broad daylight on a very nice beach that families used...
Now is that to hard for you to understand?????
The only thing hard for us to understand is your deep seeded hatred of gay people. Your obsession with trying to credit an entire sect of people by the actions of two people has a name you know dear. It's called....BIGOTRY. THAT is what is hard for us to understand.
as the worm turns

Clearlake, CA

#140421 May 9, 2012
North Carolina approves ban on same-sex marriage by wide margin(almost 2/3 majority)

Obama needs North Carolina. Watch him squirm now.

Better yet, let Biden speak.

Location hidden

#140422 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality -- male-to-male sex --
LOL! You're such a buffoon! Homosexuality is just male-to-male sex? No dear, that's just your creepy obsession.
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
does not happen among these people.
Prove it you sniffiling bitch. Prove that no one in this sect of people was inately attracted to the same gender.

While you are at it, provide proof that your ridiculous Ms. Feldman was witness to every bit of sex that people were having.

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...

Damn you are stupid.
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
All the males get married and have tens of kids.
LOL!!!! I see. And this is your proof of no homosexuality??!!!

LOL!!!! Your are most certainly one of the stupidest pieces of shyt on Topix!!!
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all.
No dear, as with all your posts, That's NOTHING.

Location hidden

#140423 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
A baseline definition of homosexuality is male-to-male sex,
No assclown, that is NOT a baseline definition of homosexuality. And it never will be. No matter how many times you try and pretend that it is through repitition, that will NEVER be a baseline definition of homosexuality.

But please, don't let that fact (do we need to teach you about facts you stupid jackass?) get in the way of your repitition.

Baseless repetition is the sin qua non of idiots.

Location hidden

#140424 May 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a public place is no place for anyone to have sex but gays think a public place is fine place to have sex even in front of children.....
Prove it. Present the evidence that all gays, all 500+ million of us, all think that a public place is a fine place to have sex in front of children.

Come on now clown, show us how you can prove that claim. Man up you sniveling little coward. Show us the evidence.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

Come on assclown. Show us the evidence that supports your ridiculous claim.

What's that? You don't have any? Yeah, we know. Cause your a proven lying sack of shyt bigot.

Location hidden

#140425 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn the difference between Orthodox and Hasidic Jews.
No, actually we don't. Because neither of them have anything to do with this forum.
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again --stop wasting everyone's time, Clyde.
Are you under the impression that's a privilege reserved only for you? Every post you make is a waste of everyone's time cur.

Location hidden

#140426 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what's wrong: when you meatheads use data about lesbians to make claims about gay men.
No, here's what's wrong. When worthless cur like yourself claim that homosexuality is defined as male to male sex. That's what's wrong. Plain and simple.

Now that we've cleared that up, please, by all means, do present where anyone as made the "claims" you are inferring.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

What's that? No one did, you just made that up? Yes dear we know. We've been watching you post bullshyt lies from the moment you arrived. We're quite used to it from worthless cretins like yourself.
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You try to get away with all the time. You do it with marriage data -- "Studies show lesbians make good parents; ergo, gay men will make good parents too."
Well, that's not science; that's stupidity.
That's not science or stupidity. It's just nonsense you pulled out of your ass, only to make room for your next tranny.

Location hidden

#140427 May 9, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.. Funny, after having your a$$ handed to you, forcing you to admit you are wrong in making a claim that I said something I clearly did not, you are right back at it with lumping me in with all the other posters on this thread...
How about you clean out your ears and actually take the time to read an comprehend my posts, perhaps then you will find yourself having to apologize less.
A simple, "I can't provide specifics to support my lies" would have worked just fine hon.

Location hidden

#140428 May 9, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
so being gay is a choice??
What if it were? You jackasses really seem to think that "how" one is homosexual is of some importance. Let us assure you, it's only of importance to YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Quinta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body Found in Indio Identified as Dr. Marshall ... (Sep '07) Sun angelize 19
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Coachella, CA (Jan '12) Dec 16 Brian_G 6
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
La Quinta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web