Teacher allegedly had gun in LP classroom

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Police arrested a La Puente High School science teacher for allegedly having a gun in his classroom Monday afternoon, officials said.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rallphy

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Lawyer wrote:
Read it again! You don't need permission if it's unloaded and locked in a box.
<quoted text>
There was ammunition in the same box with the gun!
That sir is against the law!
lpdude

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

I heard he is a pervert
goerge hildago

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

he should of just hid it ! in his car no 1 would of know
what are you saying

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Judged:

Misenthrope wrote:
My wife went to Workman High School and was a cheerleader. The La Puente girl cheerleaders always gave the visiting cheerleaders very angry dirty looks, wanted to fight, and threw rocks at the Workman bus after games. Not at all friendly. What was weird was that the Workman High School neighborhood and the La Puente High School are pretty much the same neighborhood and equally ghetto. Also, as an adult I have driven past La Puente HS and the students look kind of ghetto. I just saw a sea of male teens wearing extra long white t-shirts and chola looking girls. Didnt see any crime going on but I could see a foreign born teacher not really understanding the La Puente culture and being paranoid.
why do people in Covina think Covina is not Ghetto. IT IS, my sister lives there. First of all there is violnce everywhere. What city do you know that dosn't have violence. As far as the dress cose in La puente HS. It is not even allowed to wear plain white T-Shirts. Stop lying. Also what you say about La Puente and Workman it is not even like that. Your crazy.
Mother Of 3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Misenthrope wrote:
My wife went to Workman High School and was a cheerleader. The La Puente girl cheerleaders always gave the visiting cheerleaders very angry dirty looks, wanted to fight, and threw rocks at the Workman bus after games. Not at all friendly. What was weird was that the Workman High School neighborhood and the La Puente High School are pretty much the same neighborhood and equally ghetto. Also, as an adult I have driven past La Puente HS and the students look kind of ghetto. I just saw a sea of male teens wearing extra long white t-shirts and chola looking girls. Didnt see any crime going on but I could see a foreign born teacher not really understanding the La Puente culture and being paranoid.
What is "kind of ghetto", to you? What year was your wife a cheerleader? The cheerleader now are very friendly. I know some of them. Anyways, if your wife went to Workman you should know that the are suppose to be rivals. That exists in all districts.
unbiased

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

The man is a racist and sexist, and incompetent. He should have been fired years ago.
concerned

Valencia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

why doens't anybody know about the 30 rounds of hollow point ammo that was in the box with the gun?
Misenthrope

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Mother Of 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "kind of ghetto", to you? What year was your wife a cheerleader? The cheerleader now are very friendly. I know some of them. Anyways, if your wife went to Workman you should know that the are suppose to be rivals. That exists in all districts.
Rivalry is one thing but the Puente cheerleaders wanted to fight and kick the Workman cheerleaders behinds. Very angry. Very intimidating. No other school was like according to my wife. Wife also said Puente cheerleaders wore make up like cholas. Wife had chola friends and knows what a chola looks like.

As for ghetto, my definition is young latino/a not graduating high school,getting the GED, buying a Acura with 1000 dollar set of rims, not going to college, and working at Rite Aid until they die. Or 85% of my neices and nephews
lp student

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

mr k isnt a harmful teacher he is a very nice teacher ive knew him since sept. he was my science teacher or lea which means law enforcment academy well he doesn't desereve this stuff at all
Concerned parent

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

It should also concern everyone to know that he also had two knives, 1 on his person and 1 in his desk. And yes a gun in his desk. It scares me to think of what could have been had those weapons got into the wrong hands. I can't believe that anyone in their right minds would even think that this was ok!!!! I would bet my life that had another columbine incident happened here we would not be so nice with regards to our comments.
Lp_aLUmni

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

well children i was in mr k's class my jr year and he is a discusting raciest man. and i say that with the upmost respect. i mean a teacher should not go around calling girls babe and asking them personal questions and he of all people should not be talking about mexicans as he did. he was a good teacher in the sence that he kept us awake thru the whole class but no no no he for one thing loved to start fights no joke he could never be wrong and he always had to have the last word. i remember once he said that he knew the law like the back of his hand and that he could have 2 girl sitting on his lap in class and they couldnt do anything to him cuz its not against the law well sorry mr but it is! he just a weirdo! who loved to make enemys and trust this lil insident isnt his first and wont be last! his ass should get thrown in jail for a couple months so that he womnt be able to talk crap about trhe "home dawds" as he calls them "okay babe".. ew! i hate him!(mostly for personal reasons) yet he is a disturbing man and maybe he should get clothes that is a lil bigger cuz i use to get grossed out by his fav cky nipple popping white tee ew! oh and all you ignorant people trash talking lp! suck it cuz its a real pretty place to live and its not gehtto at all alright so shut up!
lil nessa

Westlake Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

to the girl natalie
well first of all u always need a gun in la puente!ALWAYS!its puente either ur on puentes territory or bassetts territory i stay on bassett whoo whoo lol
but it is a very dangerous city.
ive lived there for 16yrs and down my street there been atleast 10 shootings
i hate puente cuz they killed mi primo R.I.P. PRIMO
LA PUENTE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

to lilnessa

to tell you the truth of course you need a gun in la puente but only if your a gangster(obiously your primom was lacking)"not smart" but besides that youll do alright... but this is how it runs from la puente you mind your own buisness and nobody fucks with you...but if you want to bang of course youre gonna get banged on best believe...so prgetty much your cousin did something goo right being from basset cuz now all he is doing is laying in a casket right??? you should get it
LA PUENTE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

to lil nessa

also by the way youre mostly considere city of industry lame
TIS-IS -I

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

lp student wrote:
i go to la puente and im a junior.....he was not threatened....he was a lea teacher(which is he law enforcement academy) and well he loves gun and he had just bought it...& idk why people listen to stereotypes cause lp isnt bad!!! Its like any normal school and there is not gang memebrs walking around the whole school!we are just normal kids!!Iam really sick of the stereotypes!!! grow up people!!!

Tell them lp student ! I went there to, and really people it is not as bad as the papers say.
Student from school

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

JCB737 wrote:
The gun was not loaded.
The gun was contained and stored inside of a lock box.
Now the poor guy is charged with a felony.
He get's treated like a criminal and is now suspended from the classroom.
What a joke. This state is run like a regime and the law is backwards to benefit the criminals.
Dude, exactly. I heard the exact same thing, he didn't even take it out. It had never been used, he said it was just for self defense himself. They make such a big deal, he was just defending himself. The area isn't as dangerous as everyone thinks it is on here though. You think this is ghetto, PLEASE! Go to central La or go see the rest of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the La Puente Forum right now

Search the La Puente Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 21 min parent 4,284
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 22 min ThomasA 15,662
Azusa Police serve narcotics search warrant in ... (Jul '10) 49 min One Step Ahead 20
Street Gang M-13 plots revel plans of wiping ou... (Sep '08) 1 hr cacalevakiller 57
La Mirada Is Having A Big Gang Problem (Aug '07) 1 hr cacalevakiller 1,354
Whittier Varrio Locos Gang (Jun '07) 2 hr cacalevakiller 1,315
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr Drafty 4,559
•••
•••

La Puente News Video

•••
•••

La Puente Jobs

•••
•••
•••

La Puente People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••