created by: Open Draft or Farm system | Jul 2, 2008

La Mirada, CA

249 votes

Would you like an OPEN DRAFT at LMBA (LM Pony)?

Click on an option to vote

• YES, LMBA should draft all DIV
  • NO, leave farm system alone
  • Maybe we should try it?
  • YES, Pinto and Must DIV only
  • YES, Pinto, Must, & Bronco Div
  • YES, farm is broken at LMBA
  • NO, I wil leave if it changes
  • YES, and I will try LMBA again
  • NO, Farm is the only way
  • I don't care

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 162 of162
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
whispers

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

WAIT.........250.00 for allstars is apart from the the regular fees for registration........with only the parents getting back 200.00...so the FIFTY DOLLARS you say is for 16 games hat/shirt/etc...is incorrect...you are making it sound it cost only 50.00 dollars for the regular season......bottom line Ive heard many parents complain about the 250.00 pay and play all stars program...
please reconsider this fee......its going to get ugly.....especially when the board considers non payment of 250.00 on a case by case basis.....the league does not need this.. just read your all stars forms......kids are not required to play and parents must participate or ???? fill in the blanks.....dont punish the many for the few because the board does not want to enforce their own rules.........stop being nice to parents who are idiots and because the league thinks their kid well help all stars.....the board has done good since the old board members left....you guys are at a crossroads....dont go back...eliminate this 250.00 requirement to play all stars.....
LMBA Pres wrote:
Yes, it is just as Player Agent, Mike

Hernandez has stated. We need a bit of an incentive to the pull the parents off the bench and get their help. The All-Star experience is a great time for the players... why not make it fun for the parents too and get them involved. The $200 collected as an all-star deposit will be returned as the commitment is fulfilled.$50 for an entire season in itself (jersey, hat, 16 + games, tournament registration) is a pretty fair deal in my opinion.
Scott Anderson
LMBA President
LMBA Pres

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

I can see that there is a lot of misunderstanding on this issue. The LMBA Board wrestled with this and had a lot of discussion on the proposal. We want the members of LMBA to understand it as we intended for it to be and we will be discussing it with them through the season. We've communicated it to the Spring 2012 Managers at meetings this week who now understand our philosophy behind the allstar deposit and were in agreement that it needed to be communicated clearly to ease the anxiety. It really isn't all that you are making it seem. If you have concerns or, specific questions, I welcome you to contact any one of our Board members directly. We're always available to answer the questions you have. Our league members will hear about it directly from us. Managing concerns on Topix doesn't seem to be the most effective means of communicating clearly.

Scott Anderson
LMBA President
whispers wrote:
WAIT.........250.00 for allstars is apart from the the regular fees for registration........with only the parents getting back 200.00...so the FIFTY DOLLARS you say is for 16 games hat/shirt/etc...is incorrect...you are making it sound it cost only 50.00 dollars for the regular season......bottom line Ive heard many parents complain about the 250.00 pay and play all stars program...
please reconsider this fee......its going to get ugly.....especially when the board considers non payment of 250.00 on a case by case basis.....the league does not need this.. just read your all stars forms......kids are not required to play and parents must participate or ???? fill in the blanks.....dont punish the many for the few because the board does not want to enforce their own rules.........stop being nice to parents who are idiots and because the league thinks their kid well help all stars.....the board has done good since the old board members left....you guys are at a crossroads....dont go back...eliminate this 250.00 requirement to play all stars.....
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 162 of162
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the La Mirada Forum right now

Search the La Mirada Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 3 hr pomkIk 1,235
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Foes 15,666
say NO to Fresh & Easy (sleazy)! (Aug '09) 7 hr Yolis 64
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 9 hr Serpico 2,266
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Lug Heads 7,300
Elin Vanderlip dies at 90 at her Rancho Palos V... (Jul '09) 12 hr Just Saying 84
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 16 hr parent 4,284
•••
•••

La Mirada News Video

•••
•••

La Mirada Jobs

•••
•••
•••

La Mirada People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE