yo joe

Haiku, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

What's happening to Benton next year? New Principal? New School? New kids? New teachers? What is really going to happen
Hey Joe

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

All rumors that I've heard. Mr. Hauke was said to have been let go..no surprise there if you ask me. And principal from La Pluma going to Benton.
makeitfive

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Hey Joe wrote:
All rumors that I've heard. Mr. Hauke was said to have been let go..no surprise there if you ask me. And principal from La Pluma going to Benton.
What was wrong with him? I heard he was awesome! So is your future Principal! She is the best!!! You will love her!!!
Bright Future

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Maybe now with the change in administration Benton can be the school it was, it's been awful for the past 4 years. We had to take our children out of Benton and it really hurt because Benton is our neighborhood school but we had to make sure our daughter had a strong 6th grade year. So, we hope the teachers who are educators there will remain and the others who do not have a clue will retire or do something other than teach. The new principal, we hope will make a difference.
Hey Joe

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Bright Future wrote:
Maybe now with the change in administration Benton can be the school it was, it's been awful for the past 4 years. We had to take our children out of Benton and it really hurt because Benton is our neighborhood school but we had to make sure our daughter had a strong 6th grade year. So, we hope the teachers who are educators there will remain and the others who do not have a clue will retire or do something other than teach. The new principal, we hope will make a difference.
Yes for many years I have seen a decline in Benton. It became a school with a prison mentality instead of a school that fosters education and new ideas. Welcome to the new principal!
LM Mom

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Due to Benton's declining enrollement it appears that it will become both a VAPA -Visual And Performing Arts and magnet school. The objective is to attract new students to the area and increase enrollment. All this with a new and well l-liked principal and modernization will certainly increase enrollment. If successful, this can also lead to the closure of Hutchinson MS which is currently going through an "evaluation".
Gardenhill Parent

Lakewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

I was surprised to learn that Hutchinson rank well ahead of Benton and equal to Los Coyotes. Why close the better of the schools. This would put both middle schools on the other side of town. Keep Hutchinson since it outperformed Benton and make more sense logisically for the parents and students. Benton Students can be split to the other two schools with little pain.
WTF

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

Benton and Hutch are both horrible! Just a bunch of La Mirada spoiled brats!
Looking

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Bright Future wrote:
Where is this "strong" middle school you found? Los Coyotes when compared to schools with similar demographics is a 2. This is out of a score of 1-10. 1 the lowest = 10 the highest. A high API doesn't impress me.. It's the similar schools score that counts.
makeitfive

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is this "strong" middle school you found? Los Coyotes when compared to schools with similar demographics is a 2. This is out of a score of 1-10. 1 the lowest = 10 the highest. A high API doesn't impress me.. It's the similar schools score that counts.
LCMS is a great middle school. It's a matter of what your student makes out of their time there. If they're involved in activities, then they will most likely hang out with kids with the same interests. It's a matter of value and morals the student learns at home. It was my childrens decision to attend LCMS to get away from the "mean crowd" (popular?) Call it what you want but they ended up making honor roll, joining the leadership class, and cheer. And guess what...they didn't do it to become "popular", they're still nice and sweet kids that care about their school.The mean girls just got meaner, bad grades, and whoring around with the boys.
This will suck

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Hey Joe wrote:
Shes a real B****
Not Sure in LM

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

LM Mom wrote:
Due to Benton's declining enrollement it appears that it will become both a VAPA -Visual And Performing Arts and magnet school. The objective is to attract new students to the area and increase enrollment. All this with a new and well l-liked principal and modernization will certainly increase enrollment. If successful, this can also lead to the closure of Hutchinson MS which is currently going through an "evaluation".
You like Mrs. Green? Wow every Mother I know (a ton)has had terrible things to say about her. My kids say she is mean and gives them dirty looks (I thought it was funny they are so young they still get principles citizenship and honor roll)
I have always thought she was a little rude, I don't know? I know her son just went to middle school maybe she will have him enrolled there....
rudelady

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Not Sure in LM wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Mrs. Green? Wow every Mother I know (a ton)has had terrible things to say about her. My kids say she is mean and gives them dirty looks (I thought it was funny they are so young they still get principles citizenship and honor roll)
I have always thought she was a little rude, I don't know? I know her son just went to middle school maybe she will have him enrolled there....
Shes a rude b****
BullSh-t Detector

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Does LCMS still have its 'Sex in the bathroom stall' issues? Get a clue LM. If you want your kids to have an advantage, enroll them in a private school for their ENTIRE K-12 experience. Morality, discipline and character are just as important as the ABCs, especially in the trying times that they are faced with.
LM resident

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

BullSh-t Detector wrote:
Does LCMS still have its 'Sex in the bathroom stall' issues? Get a clue LM. If you want your kids to have an advantage, enroll them in a private school for their ENTIRE K-12 experience. Morality, discipline and character are just as important as the ABCs, especially in the trying times that they are faced with.
Sending your kids to private school does not stop them from having sex in a bathroom stall or any other place. It just means you are NOW paying for them to have sex or drugs at school. Morality, discipline and character are the PARENTS responsibility to teach their kids right from wrong, what to stay away from and when it is appropriate to have sex...not the school. Public schools don't condone it, they will get caught and expelled...end of story, just like in a private school. Think about it!
LMPWSUCKS

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

LM resident wrote:
<quoted text>Sending your kids to private school does not stop them from having sex in a bathroom stall or any other place. It just means you are NOW paying for them to have sex or drugs at school. Morality, discipline and character are the PARENTS responsibility to teach their kids right from wrong, what to stay away from and when it is appropriate to have sex...not the school. Public schools don't condone it, they will get caught and expelled...end of story, just like in a private school. Think about it!
Hey but if their teachers and role models and parents did it, kids would get the idea that it's okay, Do you agree?

So when a bunch of trusted people are teaching by example and introduce children to inappropriate behaviors how do you convince your children otherwise.

You can be the best parent and do all the right things and teach your children wrong from right but when the role models that surround your children are not on the same page things get complicated.

Correct

Lakewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

In private schools the drugs are a higher quality. More money buys the better stuff. It hasn't changed in years.
MJP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Let's see here. A concerned parent sends his or her problem child to private school in order to improve behavior. Another parent sends his or her problem child to same school. And another one. And then another one. Pretty soon, you got a band of problem students thrown together in a more intimate setting. Results? Not pretty. For many reasons, a private school education is full of smoke and mirrors.
Bright Future

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Granada Middle Schools is a very good middle school..and many people there who I met pulled their kids from Benton to either there or Hutchinson...the sad thing is that the principal at Hutchinson is not the nicest person..so my friends wonder what is going to happen there. Benton will never achieve success unless teachers are removed from there who do whatever they want, dress inappropriately and are not educators. I wonder how much clout the new principal will have with classes other than performing arts.
Concerned educator

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Bright Future wrote:
Granada Middle Schools is a very good middle school..and many people there who I met pulled their kids from Benton to either there or Hutchinson...the sad thing is that the principal at Hutchinson is not the nicest person..so my friends wonder what is going to happen there. Benton will never achieve success unless teachers are removed from there who do whatever they want, dress inappropriately and are not educators. I wonder how much clout the new principal will have with classes other than performing arts.
The Principal of Hutchinson is a wonderful, fair, and hard working woman. She is strict, which is imperative at the Middle schools, especially when parents fight educators on simple rules, dress codes, attendance, and so many other issues that they should be backing up the educators. In all these posts, only one person makes reference to the fact that PARENTS need to educate too. All schools have problems and often parents ignore the simple truths about their children's behaviors and the fact that they do not come to school to work and learn. Educators have to answer to all these groups: parents, students, community members, board of education and often without the proper resources.

Educate yourselves on the true school issues before you judge and blame. Jesus said, "Whom of you are without sin, cast the first stone?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the La Mirada Forum right now

Search the La Mirada Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Pole swap 7,855
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr Davis 4,825
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 2 hr Se buscan patrocinadores 2,359
Crime and Public Safety, January 13 (Jan '10) 3 hr To Mrs Jones 13
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,740
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
•••
•••

La Mirada News Video

•••
La Mirada Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

La Mirada Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••