Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#144530 Jun 5, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just see the righeousness in it Chief.
Not many things which were not right lasted in America, we're lucky to live in a free country such as this. It will pass - and as you've witnessed states have allowed gay marriage one by one.
We are hardly free if we require government permission to marry.

Get a clue.

Location hidden

#144531 Jun 5, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If yuo didn't give a damn if homosexuals got married then why oppose it in a forum like this for MONTHS??
Because I do care about the Constitution, and the basis which our country was founded.

Unlike you, I don't think the Constitution is toilet paper.

Location hidden

#144532 Jun 5, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a pretty good idea.
You're some spazz who's only social connections are these forums and talking to your grocery clerk whilst buying your Honey Grahams and beer for the week.
You seem the type Ace. Nothing about you in here anyway aseems to spell out an individual with a life.
You're an idiot. Why don't you try making a point and stop with the nonsense. You sound like a 5 year old.

Location hidden

#144533 Jun 5, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I've also heard that we will be re-instating Jim Crow laws, and anti-miscegenation laws through public votes.
Are you under the impression that this SCOTUS is the last that will ever be?!! Do you think that SCOTUS was somehow partial to addressing either of those issues? LOL!! Whether SCOTUS is partial is irrelevant. And if this SCOTUS rules against us, we will address the next SCOTUS. You can bitch and whine about it all you want. The end result will always be the same.
So now, even if the Court says NO, you are still going to piss and moan??

Funny, weren't you the ones screaming the courts had spoken when Walker ruled, and telling everyone to just sit down and suck it up?

Says a lot about your side, you don't give a damn about the Constitution, just getting your way.

Location hidden

#144534 Jun 5, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? How is giving EQUAL RIGHTS to lgbt couples in marriage equality extinguishing America? I thought this was the land of the free? Oh right you Republicans only believe it's land of the free for white male Christians.
Because you have just given the government power over your personal lives. You are far less free today than you were yesterday.

You wouldn't know freedom if it came right up to you and introduced itself.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#144536 Jun 5, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like this is the deciding factor to convince everyone to be just like you...a bigoted homophobe. and act like it's the greatest thing on earth to be a bigoted homophobe. how exciting! Let me say it again. In my opinion, you are bigoted homophobe because you chose to be bigoted homophobe and it's a sickness. Now if you want to move to a homophobic place like Iran, I could care less, but I don't have to agree with it. Got it bigoted homophobe?
No, I'm not acting. Carefully read what I wrote, you have it all twisted, like your sex choice. This topix won't matter at all in deciding if you can legally marry your boyfriend or dog. Yes the greatest thing is a man and a woman making love, the only drawback is that unfortunately it produced a twisted mind in your case. The greatest thing is making life which is kind of hard through a butt. Now why is Iran so bad, remember it was the great pothead obama with his Lord of the fries wife that said Bush was wrong to call Iran evil that we just need to talk to them.

Location hidden

#144537 Jun 5, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS will NOT hear the appeal from the proponents......that's one of the reasons the 9th made their decision the way they did!!!
I know you believe this will end your way.....but it won't....at least not regarding the Prop 8 case!!!
You may be correct, with this ruling being limited to California, and having no effect on other States, the SCOTUS may very well kick the can down the road.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#144538 Jun 5, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
You angry, bro?
Hey bro, never angry at you. so don't get upset. Just at these tards that act like this topix is the deciding factor and this gay marriage is the most important thing in the world as if many really give a damm.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#144539 Jun 5, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Mississippi has the highest poverty rate of any US state.
Texas has the highest teen pregnancy rate of any US state.
Is it no surprise that the most homophobic US states are also the poorest and stupidest US states? No because civilized countries allow lgbt couples to have equal rights and not make them second class citizens.
If you want to be a homophobic bigot move to Iran. I'm sick of you azzholes ruining my country.
You forgot to mention that almost all Americans in every state are not for gay marriage. This is not a gay country. Move out.
Green Fairy

Laguna Niguel, CA

#144540 Jun 5, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention that almost all Americans in every state are not for gay marriage. This is not a gay country. Move out.
It doesn't matter.Rights of minority are protected from the tyranny of the majority. on

"Democracy is like 2 wolves and 1 lamb taking a vote on who's diner,Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the results" Ben Franklin
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#144541 Jun 5, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, another fundie straight bigot bringing up butts. I've never seen a group of people that love to talk about butts more than these retards. They are obsessed with them. Why else would they talk about them so much?
Oh, look another gay boy calling people bigots for not agreeing, wow u hurt my feelings so much gay boy, let me ask you something, will this forum be the deciding point on gay marriage? Do you deny that gays are the king of butt sex? Don't lie again bigot!
Green Fairy

Laguna Niguel, CA

#144542 Jun 5, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, look another gay boy calling people bigots for not agreeing, wow u hurt my feelings so much gay boy, let me ask you something, will this forum be the deciding point on gay marriage? Do you deny that gays are the king of butt sex? Don't lie again bigot!
I could less if you don't agree but you can't take away people's right must because you're too stupid to understand why a person is gay let alone anyone else that's different from you.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#144543 Jun 5, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention that almost all Americans in every state are not for gay marriage. This is not a gay country. Move out.
Sorry OH great ignorant one,but it is split right down the middle now at 50/50! Guess you don't pay attention to any of the latest national polls do you sport? They all say the same,50/50! But what is interesting every year your side shrinks by a couple of percentage points! 10 years ago it was at 28% in favor of marriage equality and now? I'd say you have absolutely no foresight what so ever! What do you think it will be in another 10 years? D-U-H! Please sir more Christian love! Great decision today out of the ninth circuit ey,oh great denier of what is to come! LOL
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#144544 Jun 5, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, look another gay boy calling people bigots for not agreeing, wow u hurt my feelings so much gay boy, let me ask you something, will this forum be the deciding point on gay marriage? Do you deny that gays are the king of butt sex? Don't lie again bigot!
Wrong again you loving Christian! LOL,Actually you would be wrong in that Heterosexuals are in fact the KING of anal sex to the tune of 38% which means that US straights are performing anal sex with our girlfriends and wives at a much higher number! Care to try that again bigot boy,and lets go for the truth this time? LOL

Hetero's and anal sex
nymag.com/nightlife/mating/25988/
Or
http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexinformation/...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#144545 Jun 5, 2012
Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
I could less if you don't agree but you can't take away people's right must because you're too stupid to understand why a person is gay let alone anyone else that's different from you.
if you could care less, why are u here making sure i see it "YOUR" way? as if this topix will make a difference after thousands of repeated garb...LOL...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#144546 Jun 5, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry OH great ignorant one,but it is split right down the middle now at 50/50! Guess you don't pay attention to any of the latest national polls do you sport? They all say the same,50/50! But what is interesting every year your side shrinks by a couple of percentage points! 10 years ago it was at 28% in favor of marriage equality and now? I'd say you have absolutely no foresight what so ever! What do you think it will be in another 10 years? D-U-H! Please sir more Christian love! Great decision today out of the ninth circuit ey,oh great denier of what is to come! LOL
No I don't pay attention to polls, most of them are decided when the question is asked. What counts are votes, not fake polls. Okay sport? Why do u bigots keep showing your hate for Christianity? Why is that the only religion u hate?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#144547 Jun 5, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I do care about the Constitution, and the basis which our country was founded.
Do you mean things like slavery and not allowing women to vote?
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#144548 Jun 5, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't pay attention to polls, most of them are decided when the question is asked. What counts are votes, not fake polls. Okay sport? Why do u bigots keep showing your hate for Christianity? Why is that the only religion u hate?
Sorry again bigoted phony Christian boy! I do not hate Christians,I do hate the phony bigoted one's like yourself who do NOT follow the teachings of their savior like you do! Again you phony,"Judge NOT lest ye be judged" and "Let those with out sin cast the first stone" Something you obviously know nothing about you hypocrite! And those polls are always a very good prognosticator of things to come! Next! LOL
Dan

Roseville, CA

#144549 Jun 5, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, commonly refers to the insertion of a male's penis into a female's vagina for the purposes of sexual pleasure or reproduction."
You were saying something about a idiot?
I was going to say there's something wrong with you but forgot you had the letter to prove it.

LOL!!!

Sex is sex. Clinton thought he could bullshit the world and his wife by inferring a blowjob given by a bubbly White House intern wasn't really sex but he got slapped by not only the public but no doubt by his loving wife.

You goof. You're not only KrAzEe as some naked clown entering the Atlantic Ocean because he hadc a vision the Queen of England wanted to bear his children but you're more anti social that a homeless bum thinking he'll blend into a cocktail party....LOL!!!!

Gays have sex too genius. Big wahoo. And if you don't like it then it's your issue. As it is I choose not to think about ANYONE having sex given if I thought about my neighbors doing the nasty I wouldn't be able to eat lunch for a WEEK.

LOL!!!

Just WTF is your hangup???

I mean you've got more issues than a bald porcupine in the North Pole looking for a mate. And you're in here bantering on about why you don't think gays should marry????

Jesus H. Christ brother (???)....give it a rest and find your own footing in life.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#144550 Jun 5, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>No I don't pay attention to polls, most of them are decided when the question is asked. What counts are votes, not fake polls. Okay sport? Why do u bigots keep showing your hate for Christianity? Why is that the only religion u hate?
I've never seen any hate for Christianity. Only a dislike for those claiming to be Christian who think they can impose their beliefs upon others.

As far as votes go...they don't play a role in aspects such as basic rights due American citizens and me and a growing number of people are seeing this gay marriage aspects as reflecting just that.

You might not believe this but I myself don't "like" gay marriage. But I do recognize the righteousness it portrays in that it's just 2 consenting adults wanting to marry each other.

Quite honestly I don't get the stink about it anymore either. It's not like we never had gays in our midst unless you think a neon green spaceship came to town 2 years, 3 months ago to deliver 'them'...LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Mirada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ABC Family Was Behind Those 'Pop Up Santa' Surp... 1 hr santa baby 86 1
new Montebello mayor is Armenian? 3 hr Montebello Newbie 3
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 28,250
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 9 hr davis 5,199
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) Nov 25 billstacy 14
Power Outage (Aug '10) Nov 22 cvhy 7
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) Nov 22 CAPTAIN INSANE-O 1,757

La Mirada News Video

La Mirada Dating
Find my Match

La Mirada People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

La Mirada News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in La Mirada

Personal Finance