Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201810 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154885 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Because a person on the edge of deportation is going to risk being deported back to a country he's never known by breaking federal law.
Look...Just because you're a moron, doesn't mean these kids are.
Again! Damn you're stupid!!!
You don't even have to show an id to vote u babbling idiot.
Local

Clearlake, CA

#154886 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Chicken Little,
Here's another civics lesson for you:
They won't be able to vote. Only citizens are allowed to vote.
Damn! You're stupid!!!
BTW: Screwing with the voter rolls is something the GOP does.
Hey numbnuts
In regard to voter fraud

Ever heard of the lefty group ACORN?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1241827506461...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/06/ac...
http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/ACO...

http://reno.craigslist.org/pol/3206774105.htm...
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154887 Aug 15, 2012
Here's an article you should read:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/both-parties-wrong...

Here's a video you should watch:

http://www.politicsplus.org/blog/2012/06/05/r...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154888 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, Chicken Little,
http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource...
Please read it. It's soooo embarassing to watch you make a fool of yourself.
That's why I presented cases of convicted democrat voter fraud. That's why brian terry's killer, eric holder is against the simple task of showing a photo id to prove who you are, but he says offends minorities..lol Stick to your gay arguments, u are lost here.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154889 Aug 15, 2012
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-fol...

This idiot doesn't even know what century we are in.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#154890 Aug 15, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? What harm comes to you, if two strangers just happen to be the same sex, when they marry each other?
I have answered this many times before, you must have been in a deep speep as usual. SSM will only lead to a more unothodox ways of of life among a normal society. The next step to the gay lifestyles will be to teaching it in public shools.
Winston Smith

United States

#154891 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Still asking;
WHY does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
How does that make sense according to evolution?
Isn't there anyone with a validated explanation?
Smirk.
The problem with your question is that you're including a premise you haven't proven true. Namely that a lesbian will dress & act like a man to attract another lesbian. Actually, that premise is rather flawed. If a lesbian were attracted to men she wouldn't be a lesbian.

If you want to discuss the way people dress that might be a better starting point for you.

Personally, I prefer to wear denim and tee shirts or work shirts (depending upon weather) as these suit my working conditions and comfort. I dress the same going out to eat in your average restaurant. If I'm going out to a nice place I'll wear a nice pair of jeans instead of the faded ones I wear while working. I'll wear a more casual styled shirt on those occasions. Rarely will I put on a suit. This isn't in order to attract anyone. It is just the way I am. I don't do all the smell good stuff either, that is no substitute for good ol' soap and water.

If you want to further the discussion about sexaul attraction, if my appearance is appealing to a woman, then odds are good she's going to be in the ballpark when it comes to being my type. It has been said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress. Sooo, I'm not apt to draw the attention of some prissy uptight woman who is afraid to get a bit wet out riding on a bike. In short I wear what I feel comfortable in and if that attracts someone, so be it. If it doesn't that ain't no big thang either. This is the way I presented myself well before I met and married my wife and it appears that I'm not going to change anytime soon.

Moving right along to address your question directly, sort of. Are you suggesting that this is the way all lesbians dress? If so I think you're basing your question on a fairly narrow stereotype that doesn't necessarily apply to very many. Yes, I've seen some fairly butch lesbians. Oddly enough I see them as couples. OTOH, there are the two women living on the property next to mine. I'd hardly call their appearances butch at all. They were clothing that flatters their figures and they both wear make up and appear to be quite feminine IMHO. By the same token I know a fair number of straight men that primp and preen & go for the latest styles and load themselves up with cologne. They usually end up with women I find to be a bit tedious.

Hey ho, to each his (or her) own. People wear what they feel comfortable in. You probably won't find a corporate executive hanging out in bib overalls too often.
Winston Smith

United States

#154893 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS masquarading as women's lib.
-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.
Well now, since you think you have all the answers, why are you in here wasting your time?
Winston Smith

United States

#154894 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a 50 year old straight married woman...I will give your question a shot. Woman no longer dress to attract a mate! Long gone are the days of "getting all gussied up" for the Church social to attract a husband. We dress for our own pleasure, comfort and needs. Business suits became a necessity when we wanted equality in the work place...we can rock those, we can rock jeans and a t, hoodies and sweats, dresses, skirts...whatever we want. Todays woman is capable of so much more than just breeding, don't ya think? We don't need to dress to attract mates...I think intelligent people have evolved beyond that.
Did you dress as a man or a woman to attract your wife? Did you "get all gussied up"? If you are what you say you are and really have a wife, you need to take some lessons on loving, compassionate acceptance from her. This speaks to your post about religious and cultural sensitivity on a different thread. Where exactly did you leave your sensitivity?
Yeah, that ^^^

“Just keeping it real”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#154898 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Still asking;
WHY does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
Lesbians dress and act like lesbians, not like men stupid.
KiMare wrote:
How does that make sense according to evolution?
What does clothing have to do with evolution?
KiMare wrote:
Isn't there anyone with a validated explanation?
Smirk.
Stupid questions don't require validated explanations.
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154899 Aug 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/ blogs/biden-folks-wheres-it-wr itten-we-cant-lead-world-20th- century_650017.html
This idiot doesn't even know what century we are in.
That's okay, your guy introduced his VP pic as "the next President of the United States"--I guess Romney plans on being Secretary of Animal Welfare.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154900 Aug 15, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your question is that you're including a premise you haven't proven true. Namely that a lesbian will dress & act like a man to attract another lesbian. Actually, that premise is rather flawed. If a lesbian were attracted to men she wouldn't be a lesbian.
If you want to discuss the way people dress that might be a better starting point for you.
Personally, I prefer to wear denim and tee shirts or work shirts (depending upon weather) as these suit my working conditions and comfort. I dress the same going out to eat in your average restaurant. If I'm going out to a nice place I'll wear a nice pair of jeans instead of the faded ones I wear while working. I'll wear a more casual styled shirt on those occasions. Rarely will I put on a suit. This isn't in order to attract anyone. It is just the way I am. I don't do all the smell good stuff either, that is no substitute for good ol' soap and water.
If you want to further the discussion about sexaul attraction, if my appearance is appealing to a woman, then odds are good she's going to be in the ballpark when it comes to being my type. It has been said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress. Sooo, I'm not apt to draw the attention of some prissy uptight woman who is afraid to get a bit wet out riding on a bike. In short I wear what I feel comfortable in and if that attracts someone, so be it. If it doesn't that ain't no big thang either. This is the way I presented myself well before I met and married my wife and it appears that I'm not going to change anytime soon.
Moving right along to address your question directly, sort of. Are you suggesting that this is the way all lesbians dress? If so I think you're basing your question on a fairly narrow stereotype that doesn't necessarily apply to very many. Yes, I've seen some fairly butch lesbians. Oddly enough I see them as couples. OTOH, there are the two women living on the property next to mine. I'd hardly call their appearances butch at all. They were clothing that flatters their figures and they both wear make up and appear to be quite feminine IMHO. By the same token I know a fair number of straight men that primp and preen & go for the latest styles and load themselves up with cologne. They usually end up with women I find to be a bit tedious.
Hey ho, to each his (or her) own. People wear what they feel comfortable in. You probably won't find a corporate executive hanging out in bib overalls too often.
That's odd ...

He left out the amount of lint he found in his belly button this morning.
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154901 Aug 15, 2012
Mikhail Prokhorov

Justice, IL

#154902 Aug 15, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
what hell is this

this man get fist up ass from strangers, yes?
Hey Numbnuts

Alhambra, CA

#154903 Aug 15, 2012

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

HATE AND BIGOTRY

#154904 Aug 15, 2012
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:
<quoted text>
what hell is this
this man get fist up ass from strangers, yes?
Learn to read......no one was posting about sex or fisting idiot!!!
Hey Numbnuts

Alhambra, CA

#154905 Aug 15, 2012
Local wrote:
Oh, and another thing....You should read your own links:

Acorns alleged crimes (some convictions) included the following:

1. Registering false names
2. Giving financial reward for registering
3. Some financial shenanigans

But there is no evidence or allegations of anyone casting a false ballot. This is what your buddy Rittardo is claiming and it happens less often than fat f*cks get struck by lightning.

You dipsh*tz are spending millions on a virtually non-existent problem. Good fiscal responsibility there....

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154906 Aug 15, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. If your son or daughter are suspected of being gay, you should beat the gay out of them. Well Proffesor why not just hand them a loaded pistol and tell them to commit suicide.
I think I now have a better understanding of why YOU are not allowed to adopt children. Seek help you sick freak
Yes, beat homosexuality out of your kids -- it's the only way of saving their live.

It explains why homosexuality was never a problem before.

Shuttle diplomacy won't save them.

Gabriel Rotello touches on this.

In his book "The Ecology of Homosexuality" he writes how 450,000 gay youth would be alive today had we kept our sodomy laws.

The point is this: homosexuality is a destructive force -- it kills. It takes thousands of young men each year and turns them into male prostitutes. It puts other young men in penis suites and erect penis hats. And of course it infects tens of thousands of others with a killer virus.

Maybe if you told us some of the good homosexuality does, you'd have an argument.

I won't hold my breath.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#154907 Aug 15, 2012
It seems to me that there are "butch" and feminine lesbians, and there are also "butch and effeminate gay men. I knew twin brothers who were gay, and one was very refined and gentle, and one was rough and tough.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#154908 Aug 15, 2012
Oh my such anger! Did my honest answer hit a nerve or blow your theory? Ask a bunch of women why they dress the way they do, 9 out of 10 will tell you the same thing I did! Womens Lib, well yeah duh...welcome to this Century and half of the last one old fart - we don't need you anymore.

You say I am stereotyping women...WTF are you doing? Where is your proof that lesbians dress as men to attract women, source please? Rest assured I know much more about women than you do, I am a woman, remember??? Men can never figure us out! So how much, dear Kimare do you know about how and why women dress and why do you know such things? Oh yeah the lesbian in you...nevermind.

While you say you are a "redeemed cynic and a barbarian"...you quote the Bible frequently. Most likely a fundie! Ummmm you are not allowed to believe in evolution remember, that is evil? We all just came to be, the good book says so!

You are angry about the possibility of gay marriage because you spent your life trying to make your square peg fit...you now question your entire being. I am sorry for you!

Big grin
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS masquarading as women's lib.
-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.
-You not only sterotype all women in a idiotic and deceitful way, you deny the power of evolution to dictate your behaviors.
I left my sensitivity at the door of denial, which is where gays make the perposterous claim that gay couples are 'exactly the same' as marriage AND as you brought up, horrifically transgres cultural and religious sensitivity.
Nice gay twirl for a straight, but silly stupid with no validation of course.
Grin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 Teenagers Stabbed In El Cajon (May '06) 2 hr VCEC 338
Poll SUSTAINABLE JOBs/new Business Creations IN Agri... 15 hr Un agenda 21 and ... 9
Need Black 16 hr dirty nj 30
Review: SelfHelpWorks 17 hr josephinemoore313 21
Why are so many cops corrupt or mean? (Mar '11) Sun jeff6 301
Looking for black Fri Junglist 2
Legalize COCKFIGHTING in AGRI ZONINGS to fund p... (Mar '13) May 22 Un agenda 21 and ... 47
More from around the web

La Mesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]