Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Dude

Newark, DE

#154872 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.
Source? Ha.
hillbillyboy

Elizabethton, TN

#154873 Aug 15, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a 50 year old straight married woman...I will give your question a shot. Woman no longer dress to attract a mate! Long gone are the days of "getting all gussied up" for the Church social to attract a husband. We dress for our own pleasure, comfort and needs. Business suits became a necessity when we wanted equality in the work place...we can rock those, we can rock jeans and a t, hoodies and sweats, dresses, skirts...whatever we want. Todays woman is capable of so much more than just breeding, don't ya think? We don't need to dress to attract mates...I think intelligent people have evolved beyond that.
Did you dress as a man or a woman to attract your wife? Did you "get all gussied up"? If you are what you say you are and really have a wife, you need to take some lessons on loving, compassionate acceptance from her. This speaks to your post about religious and cultural sensitivity on a different thread. Where exactly did you leave your sensitivity?
It might be a little off topic, but since it came up...

I do kinda miss the times back in the 1970s, when women took better care of their looks and dressed nice. They had some really cool hair styles back then.

They had glamor back then, you know? Real glamor.

Now, its like they just dont care anymore. They go about in hoodies and baggie pants. Sometimes they dont even comb their hair anymore. They just put a rubber band in it, drag on some baggy pants and a t shirt, and go out in public just like they had good sense.

Kinda reminds me of so many refugees from some disaster movie.

As for me, I like a pair of bibbed overalls.

But Im a hick from Tennessee. I do know anything about fashion anyway!

Hope I didnt make anybody mad?:)
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154874 Aug 15, 2012
Only Romney can restore the economy, jobs, Medicare and America!

Obama has nothing but failure to look back on, and foward to.

Romney / Ryan 2012.. Rescue and Recovery!
Match sticks

La Puente, CA

#154876 Aug 15, 2012
Are playing with safety matches?
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154877 Aug 15, 2012
Obama to sign up millions of illegals in time to vote: More than 1.7 million illegal immigrants could become eligible for tentative legal status Wednesday when President Obama’s non-deportation policy goes into effect, and after initial fears that the program would backfire, immigrant advocates are urging young immigrants to sign up.
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154878 Aug 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Obama to sign up millions of illegals in time to vote: More than 1.7 million illegal immigrants could become eligible for tentative legal status Wednesday when President Obama’s non-deportation policy goes into effect, and after initial fears that the program would backfire, immigrant advocates are urging young immigrants to sign up.
Hey, Chicken Little,

Here's another civics lesson for you:

They won't be able to vote. Only citizens are allowed to vote.

Damn! You're stupid!!!

BTW: Screwing with the voter rolls is something the GOP does.
Nardoo

La Puente, CA

#154879 Aug 15, 2012
Looks like the head-tooth-pick has posted again in the previous post.

Ricky-Nardoo.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154880 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Chicken Little,
Damn! You're stupid!!!
When you vote or register to vote, do you show proof of citizenship? The point is they will be citizens and the votes are bought. Most likely they will be voting in November. They broke the law to get here, do you think they might break the law to vote? And how many votes will it generate for Hispanic voters? Figure it out retards. It's Chicago Daley Valerie Jarrett politics.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154881 Aug 15, 2012
BTW: Screwing with the voter rolls is something Dems do. "voting id rules" Prosecutors in South Bend, Ind., filed charges Monday against four St. Joseph County Democratic officials and deputies as part of a multiple-felony case involving the alleged forging of Democratic presidential primary petitions in the 2008 election, which put then-candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the Indiana ballot.

November 1, 2011 – 8 were arrested for absentee voter fraud in Madison County, Florida.

The case began when the Florida’s Division of Elections notified FDLE ad FBI that “an extraordinarily disproportionate amount of absentee votes,” had been cast in the District 1 school board race. The eight suspects were arrested on November 1, 2011.

Before I post the names of those arrested for voting more than once in an election, they are ALL registered Democrats:

Update: December 2011

7 Democrats Arrested in New York for actual Voter Fraud via Absentee Ballots

To hear NBC, MSNBC and CNN put it, voter fraud is “basically unfounded” in today’s society. That those who scream voter fraud, those said people are merely looking to “discredit” Democrats, or they go so far as to call them “racists”. Remember, the whole purpose of the MEDIA is to keep the citizens informed and the politicians “honest”. Lying about the OBVIOUS is neither keeping the citizens informed nor keeping the politicians “honest”. Likewise, calling those racists whom provide factual evidence that voter fraud occurs a lot more than the media leads on, only proves why NBC, MSNBC and CNN’s ratings are in the tank.

Irony, by its very definition is that of the media “keeping politicians honest” by “reporting the truth” when said media calls those who do report the truth as being racists and liars.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154882 Aug 15, 2012
Brian Terry's killer, the great Attorney General Eric Holder is a staunch opponent of laws requiring voters to show photo ID at the polls to improve ballot security. He calls them “unnecessary” and has blocked their implementation in Texas and South Carolina, citing the fear they would discriminate against minorities.
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154883 Aug 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>When you vote or register to vote, do you show proof of citizenship? The point is they will be citizens and the votes are bought. Most likely they will be voting in November. They broke the law to get here, do you think they might break the law to vote? And how many votes will it generate for Hispanic voters? Figure it out retards. It's Chicago Daley Valerie Jarrett politics.
Yes! Because a person on the edge of deportation is going to risk being deported back to a country he's never known by breaking federal law.

Look...Just because you're a moron, doesn't mean these kids are.

Again! Damn you're stupid!!!
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154884 Aug 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
BTW: Screwing with the voter rolls is something Dems do. "voting id rules" Prosecutors in South Bend, Ind., filed charges Monday against four St. Joseph County Democratic officials and deputies as part of a multiple-felony case involving the alleged forging of Democratic presidential primary petitions in the 2008 election, which put then-candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the Indiana ballot.
November 1, 2011 – 8 were arrested for absentee voter fraud in Madison County, Florida.
The case began when the Florida’s Division of Elections notified FDLE ad FBI that “an extraordinarily disproportionate amount of absentee votes,” had been cast in the District 1 school board race. The eight suspects were arrested on November 1, 2011.
Before I post the names of those arrested for voting more than once in an election, they are ALL registered Democrats:
Update: December 2011
7 Democrats Arrested in New York for actual Voter Fraud via Absentee Ballots
To hear NBC, MSNBC and CNN put it, voter fraud is “basically unfounded” in today’s society. That those who scream voter fraud, those said people are merely looking to “discredit” Democrats, or they go so far as to call them “racists”. Remember, the whole purpose of the MEDIA is to keep the citizens informed and the politicians “honest”. Lying about the OBVIOUS is neither keeping the citizens informed nor keeping the politicians “honest”. Likewise, calling those racists whom provide factual evidence that voter fraud occurs a lot more than the media leads on, only proves why NBC, MSNBC and CNN’s ratings are in the tank.
Irony, by its very definition is that of the media “keeping politicians honest” by “reporting the truth” when said media calls those who do report the truth as being racists and liars.
Here you go, Chicken Little,

http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource...

Please read it. It's soooo embarassing to watch you make a fool of yourself.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154885 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Because a person on the edge of deportation is going to risk being deported back to a country he's never known by breaking federal law.
Look...Just because you're a moron, doesn't mean these kids are.
Again! Damn you're stupid!!!
You don't even have to show an id to vote u babbling idiot.
Local

Clearlake, CA

#154886 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Chicken Little,
Damn! You're stupid!!!
Hey numbnuts
In regard to voter fraud

Ever heard of the lefty group ACORN?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1241827506461...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/06/ac...
http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/ACO...

http://reno.craigslist.org/pol/3206774105.htm...
Hey Rittardo

Alhambra, CA

#154887 Aug 15, 2012
Here's an article you should read:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/both-parties-wrong...

Here's a video you should watch:

http://www.politicsplus.org/blog/2012/06/05/r...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154888 Aug 15, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, Chicken Little,
http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource...
Please read it. It's soooo embarassing to watch you make a fool of yourself.
That's why I presented cases of convicted democrat voter fraud. That's why brian terry's killer, eric holder is against the simple task of showing a photo id to prove who you are, but he says offends minorities..lol Stick to your gay arguments, u are lost here.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#154889 Aug 15, 2012
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-fol...

This idiot doesn't even know what century we are in.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#154890 Aug 15, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why shouldn't gays be allowed to marry? What harm comes to you, if two strangers just happen to be the same sex, when they marry each other?
I have answered this many times before, you must have been in a deep speep as usual. SSM will only lead to a more unothodox ways of of life among a normal society. The next step to the gay lifestyles will be to teaching it in public shools.
Winston Smith

United States

#154891 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Still asking;
WHY does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
How does that make sense according to evolution?
Isn't there anyone with a validated explanation?
Smirk.
The problem with your question is that you're including a premise you haven't proven true. Namely that a lesbian will dress & act like a man to attract another lesbian. Actually, that premise is rather flawed. If a lesbian were attracted to men she wouldn't be a lesbian.

If you want to discuss the way people dress that might be a better starting point for you.

Personally, I prefer to wear denim and tee shirts or work shirts (depending upon weather) as these suit my working conditions and comfort. I dress the same going out to eat in your average restaurant. If I'm going out to a nice place I'll wear a nice pair of jeans instead of the faded ones I wear while working. I'll wear a more casual styled shirt on those occasions. Rarely will I put on a suit. This isn't in order to attract anyone. It is just the way I am. I don't do all the smell good stuff either, that is no substitute for good ol' soap and water.

If you want to further the discussion about sexaul attraction, if my appearance is appealing to a woman, then odds are good she's going to be in the ballpark when it comes to being my type. It has been said that you can tell a lot about a person by the way they dress. Sooo, I'm not apt to draw the attention of some prissy uptight woman who is afraid to get a bit wet out riding on a bike. In short I wear what I feel comfortable in and if that attracts someone, so be it. If it doesn't that ain't no big thang either. This is the way I presented myself well before I met and married my wife and it appears that I'm not going to change anytime soon.

Moving right along to address your question directly, sort of. Are you suggesting that this is the way all lesbians dress? If so I think you're basing your question on a fairly narrow stereotype that doesn't necessarily apply to very many. Yes, I've seen some fairly butch lesbians. Oddly enough I see them as couples. OTOH, there are the two women living on the property next to mine. I'd hardly call their appearances butch at all. They were clothing that flatters their figures and they both wear make up and appear to be quite feminine IMHO. By the same token I know a fair number of straight men that primp and preen & go for the latest styles and load themselves up with cologne. They usually end up with women I find to be a bit tedious.

Hey ho, to each his (or her) own. People wear what they feel comfortable in. You probably won't find a corporate executive hanging out in bib overalls too often.
Winston Smith

United States

#154893 Aug 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS masquarading as women's lib.
-Butch lesbians don't dress for comfort. They dress in men's clothes and styles and take on mannerisms like men.
Well now, since you think you have all the answers, why are you in here wasting your time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay teen in Chula Vista (Feb '13) 14 min Eastlake 97
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 5 hr Big Red 35
Happy New Year 2015 San Diego Police ! 10 hr American_Sons 1
Go Back to New York, Nadelman 18 hr Silver Blade 26
Mesa College Press 19 hr Hegy 7
Are S.D.'s politicians corrupt? (May '08) 19 hr Hegy 28
Earthquake Prediction San Diego Louie Lujan Thu Silver Blade 22
La Mesa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web