Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
137,181 - 137,200 of 200,624 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
FAT PAT ColbyLOSER

Benicia, CA

#154801 Aug 14, 2012
Two Twenty Five wrote:
<quoted text>
DBS?
Is a Heroin-addicted HIV+child molester with advanced Leprosy.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#154804 Aug 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Queers, Marxists, Left-wing Libtards, Feminists, & Criminals want to turn the USA into Europe & Canada, where there is no freedom of speech & no freedom of religion, & where you can be persecuted for disagreeing.
...yawn...
Bill Of Rights

Tempe, AZ

#154809 Aug 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
1. LOL If that's the case, then there's NOTHING tolerant, accepting, & open-minded about the GLBT movement.
2. I don't need your charity. I'm already educated.
3. LOL Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you homos would make such a unjust idea law & start a Christian holocaust, just like what you did to the Jews. Let's not forget the entire Nazi party was created in a "gay" bar./sarcasm
4. Wrong again, moron. FRC, NARTH, & all those organizations aren't bullies. They has NEVER terrorized a person because of their sexual orientation. FRC is actually a conservative organization that provides help for queers who want to quit being homosexual. How the hell is that "bullying"? What's next? Alcoholic Anonymous is a "hate group" because they help drunks quit drinking? HA! Don't make me laugh.
5. Because you don't know the difference between "speech" & "believing in traditional marriage"...DUUUUH. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
6. Explain how my opinion/freedom of speech is preventing you from getting married, dumbass.
7. So, do you pray to NAMBLA before going to sleep?/sarcasm
8. Sorry, English never was my strongest skill. Math & science is where I excell.
9. We laugh at you too!
"Prohibiting divorce would protect marriage, wouldn't it?"
-LOL Before you think of "outlawing" divorce, you might want to know the difference between it & marriage./sarcasm
"How does denying gay couples the right to marry "protect" marriage? It doesn't."
-Actually it does, because it isn't a real marriage. Marriage is define between a man & a woman. Anything else is just a perversion. If anything, it is the queers who are threatening marriage because they want to redefine its sacred meaning & purpose for something that it is not. It takes a man & a woman to produce a life, & marriage is defined as such for the child's sake, because children need both a mother & a father. In a "gay" marriage, neither partner can't reproduce & the child doesn't have both a mother & father, so the child raises up with more problems.
So sorry reprobate but wrong again! All current study's of same sex parenting have shown that children raised in same sex households and family's turn out to be EVERY bit as normal as children raised in opposite sex households and family's,except that they are in many cases better and more tolerant of others that are different than themselves! It seems that you aren't capable of ever telling the truth! Big surprise there shyte for brains! LOL
NonToSoon

La Puente, CA

#154812 Aug 14, 2012
Where would we be if you didn't know how to use a computer?
Bill Of Rights

Tempe, AZ

#154814 Aug 14, 2012
Sorry,lets try the Pediatrician study again!

www.cga.ct.gov/jud/old/SameSexMarriage/AmAcPe...

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154815 Aug 14, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
"Sunny" lied about others as a way of getting even for his dismissal over his own misconduct and as it turned out, criminal act. Look it up for yourself chuckles, I've done your research for you more than once already, it's not my fault you didn't bother to take notes.
Look it up for yourself chuckles,
The above is classic "Rick in Kansas".

Whenever he gets caught in one of poorly-constructed lies it's always "Look it up for yourself" when he's asked for a source.

Here's the lie he's referring to directly above:
The "many other crimes" alleged in his letter were investigated by both local and state police and found to be untrue, NOT uncorroborated.
Anyone who knows anything about police investigations recognizes what Rick gets wrong directly above -- they don't use terms like "untrue"; no trained investigator does. But high school dropouts do -- that's why we know it was Rick's terminology, not the investigators.

Police investigators use terms like "no evidence" and "no corroboration." These terms give them more flexibility and match the terms prosecutors use.

In other words, Rick misrepresented what the investigators said, then when busted gave his classic "Look it up for yourself" reply to weasel out.

Adam Flanders wrote a letter in which he confessed to having sex with a 14 year old at a Gay-Straight Alliance Club he regularly attended. In the letter he describes routine sex molestation by adults of underage boys as well as rampant alcohol and drug usage at these meetings.

He did not name the victims or predators other than his own victim. Law Enforcement became aware of the letter and charged Flanders. Upon his conviction he served time and became a registered sex offender.

If Rick from Kansas was genuinely concerned about youth, he'd glean from the Flanders letter that Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs are little more than a cover for NAMBLA and tell us as much. But Rick's priority is protecting the public image of homosexuals, not the welfare of children.

"Rick from Kansas" wants us to believe because no one else was charged, Flanders lied about the whole thing. But if Flanders was lying, why would he name himself as a predator? What would be the point in that?

In other words, as we've seen around here time and again, in order to believe any claim a gay activist makes we first must suspend reason and common sense.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#154816 Aug 14, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
LOL Try telling that to this man who grew up with 2 moms:
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/606...
You do realize that this was written for the Witherspoon Institute, one of the two groups which paid for the seriously discredited fraud known as the Regenerus study and that this individual is speaking only to his own personal experience and no one else's don't you.
thisGuy wrote:
Or what about this: http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthought...
Children model themselves off their parents.
Perhaps you should have read the article that yours was based on:

"The study has obvious limitations: It’s fairly small (though large enough for the authors to get statistically significant findings). It might be subject to various confounding factors; the families in the study and the comparison families from the population at large “were neither matched nor controlled for socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, or region of residence.” It doesn’t speak to children of gay men, including children raised by the men either alone or with male partners. It doesn’t tell us what will happen to the 17-year-olds in the future (though a planned follow-up will interview the children when they are 25).

It doesn’t tell us whether the greater propensity to same-sex attraction and behavior among the girls stems from genetics, upbringing, or a mix of both. And even if future studies suggest that the propensity does stem largely from upbringing, that wouldn’t affect my judgment on policy matters (such as whether the parents’ sexual orientations should affect child custody decisions, whether same-sex couples should be allowed to adopt, and so on): I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a child’s having a greater likelihood of growing up to be lesbian or gay, or experimenting with same-sex sexual behavior."

http://www.volokh.com/2011/05/12/are-children...
NonToSoon

La Puente, CA

#154817 Aug 14, 2012
Ricky, get a life and leave kansass.

Atlanta, GA

#154818 Aug 14, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"They cant keep their zippers up" Tiger Woods, Jesse James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rush Limbaugh, John Edwards, Clinton and Koby Bryant. It just shows that some men can't get keep their zippers up gay or straight.
Gay males are only 3% of the population yet make up 65% of all new HIV cases.

What's your interpretation of that?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#154819 Aug 14, 2012
An awful lot of effort to say that you really can't prove me wrong and that your dubious friends over at Mass Resistance didn't bother to tell you the whole story when it comes to the sordid tale of Adam "Sunny" Flanders. Too funny.
CrackerJack

La Puente, CA

#154820 Aug 14, 2012
Ricky

Your oil pump is waiting.
Walking beam

La Puente, CA

#154821 Aug 14, 2012
Maybe a new walking beam for your birthday would make you happier?

Atlanta, GA

#154822 Aug 14, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
An awful lot of effort to say that you really can't prove me wrong and that your dubious friends over at Mass Resistance didn't bother to tell you the whole story when it comes to the sordid tale of Adam "Sunny" Flanders. Too funny.
Not an indictment of you.

It's an indictment of the straight morons who've let idiots like you con them into supporting same-sex marriage.

To bring that about you used all the chicanery and lies I exposed in your recent outing.

The bottom line is, you people are not governed by the ethics and morality we are, something straight morons who support same sex marriage are slowly coming to realize.

A good example of this is the explosion of man-boy sex agencies in Massachusetts since same-sex marriage became law. These agencies have put NAMBLA out of business -- why secretly arrange assignations with teenage boys when you can do it openly in Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs and Sex trafficking agencies like rent-a-boy?

Meanwhile, straight morons who support same-sex marriage believe homosexuals are paragons of decency and forbearance, that all of them have been in monogamous relationships with their partners for decades.

But if you ask these same straights why the LGBT community hasn't condemned man-boy sex trafficking they have no answer.

If you ask these same straights how can men who dress in penis suits and erect penis hats be paragons of decency and forbearance, they have no answer.

The LGBT is a sex cult, that's the simplest answer -- that's the answer that makes everything else you people do fit like pieces of a puzzle.

You're a sex cult.

Atlanta, GA

#154824 Aug 15, 2012
Here's Gay Activist Adam Flanders letter describing what really goes on in these Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs popping up (no pun) all around the country.

And I'd like to hear from you straight morons who support same-sex marriage on this one. You're the people who've given these NAMBLA-light chop shops a license to rope-in young boys.

Let's see you deny this story:

http://americansfortruth.com/2012/07/12/adam-...

Atlanta, GA

#154828 Aug 15, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"You do realize that this was written for the Witherspoon Institute, one of the two groups which paid for the seriously discredited fraud known as the Regenerus study and that this individual is speaking only to his own personal experience and no one else's don't you."
-LOL Really? Seems legit to me. The man was raised by 2 queers, & he was a queer for a short time, but ended it for the sake of his wife & kids. Recruiting seems to be common among you faggots, since it's biological impossible for you & your partners to make kids LOL. Also, I know it's a person's story & not speaking for every single person raised by queers. Personally, I prefer the children tell me what they think about their parents instead of the lying adults. Second, what the hell does the Regenerus study have to do with the author's personal story? You faggots make no fucking sense.
"Perhaps you should have read the article that yours was based on:
"The study has obvious limitations: It’s fairly small (though large enough for the authors to get statistically significant findings). It might be subject to various confounding factors; the families in the study and the comparison families from the population at large “were neither matched nor controlled for socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, or region of residence.”"
Here's another point: virtually every one of these studies purporting to show gay parents are just as good as straight parents was authored by a lesbian. Worse still, they were authored by lesbians who used their lesbian friends as samples.

I suspect the minute number not authored by lesbians were authored by gay males although I admit I have no evidence proving this.

There are other problems with theses studies -- small sample groups, length of study, etc.,-- but the fact they were almost all written by lesbians makes them all suspect.

These women have no business doing studies about lesbians. It's just not how credible science works.

And then when a study comes along NOT authored by a gay that shows different results the author is called a homophobe and threatened with loss of tenure and job.

This is what happened to Mark Regnerus, an associate professor of sociology at the University of Texas at Austin and the author of the report showing gay parents are disasters.

The Regnerus report was the first gay parenting study ever to use a large enough sample (3000) to offer meaningful results. The man has been hounded by gay activists since, the University of Texas threatened with all kinds of things.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/study-gay-parent...

It's ridiculous ... and sickening.

Gay activist have so intimidated the scientific community no one is prepared to risk his career by doing an honest study about that might be constured as homophobic.

That's the sorry state of affairs straight morons who support same sex marriage have placed us in.
Bill Of Rights

Beacon, NY

#154829 Aug 15, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"And what about this 18 year old who grew up with 2 moms! And what about this 18 year old who grew up with 2 moms! You couldn't ask for a finer young man,testifying in front of the Iowa Legislature!"
-LOL What do I care? That dude is a queer as a $3 bill
"Yes children do model themselves after their parents,if they have GOOD decent loving parents they usually turn out just fine!"
-Only if they're parents happen to be a mother & a father
"Or what the Academy of Pediatricians has to say about same sex parenting,the largest group of pediatricians in the country! You won't like it though as it makes you look like the FooL that we all know you are! LOL
www.cga.ct.gov/jud/oldSameSexMarriage/AmAcPed... ;
-Sorry, your link doesn't work.
"And.....On same sex parenting
www.religioustolerance.org/hom_pare2.htm" ;
-LOL On the page it says under the Summary: "With the exception of studies at a few universities with very close connections with conservative Christian denominations (like the Brigham Young University in Provo, UT)..."----me thinks this is a bias Liberal site. And LOL that there are no percentage figures showing the heterosexual vs. homosexual way of parenting----a clear sign to me that the site is biased. How can you make claims & have no supporting figures to backup those claims? LOL Dumbass Liberals
"Or....
http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/fightforfamil... ;
-LOL Yeah I'm sure on the surface, kids of queer parents seem fine & dandy, but I wonder what's going on in that head of theirs? Children often model after their parents, so I would expect queer parents to raise queer kids---hint:they don't reproduce, they recruit. I mean, even kids of divorced heterosexuals still have mother & fathers they look up to. Hell, I bet it must be tough for kids of queer parents because they lack either a father or mother---& crossing-dressing doesn't count. Many well-behaved children grow up with their biological parents, & I have met more emotionally stable people who grew up in that type of environment as opposed to homosexual/single-parent environment. If you don't believe me, then why don't you look at the figures---children of queers aren't just more likely to be homosexual, they are also more likely to be molested by their queer parents & end up confused. Also, I find it HILARIOUS that that website even mentioned NOW---a feminist organization. What the hell do they have to with the way queer parents raise their kids? Could it be something to do with lesbians who hate men?/sarcasm
"And from wikipedia on the subject....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_parenting&q... ;
-Perverted parents are still perverts. What about topics on Bestiality parenting, necrophile parenting, or what about pedophile parenting?...Oh wait! The queers already have something for pedophile parenting, it's called NAMBLA./sarcasm
I re-posted the link stupid and it does work! Yeah right,lets listen to a lying bigoted human POS like you or the world renowned experts in their fields! LOL,YOU? Experts! I'll take the experts every time as your opinions are as bigoted and untrue as they come! Oh and the son raised by 2 lesbians is a heterosexual man and you would be so lucky to be as good as he is as an adult!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#154830 Aug 15, 2012
Same sex marriage supporters don't care about the consent of the governed. If they can change the male/female nature of marriage today, they'll come for the consent requirements tomorrow.
Earl

United States

#154831 Aug 15, 2012
This blog sucks!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154832 Aug 15, 2012
Marcia_Marcia_Marcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"They cant keep their zippers up" Tiger Woods, Jesse James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rush Limbaugh, John Edwards, Clinton and Koby Bryant. It just shows that some men can't get keep their zippers up gay or straight.
I understand the power of evolutionary survival of the fittest.

What I don't understand is WHY a lesbian would dress and act like a man to attract ANOTHER lesbian???

I've asked you more than three times M?M?M! Are you butch?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154833 Aug 15, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry reprobate but wrong again! All current study's of same sex parenting have shown that children raised in same sex households and family's turn out to be EVERY bit as normal as children raised in opposite sex households and family's,except that they are in many cases better and more tolerant of others that are different than themselves! It seems that you aren't capable of ever telling the truth! Big surprise there shyte for brains! LOL
So sorry reprobate but wrong again! All current study's of same sex parenting have been debunked as unprofessional. Except for the last one that showed children in SS homes were even more disadvantaged than those in homes other than with biological parents.

It seems that you aren't capable of ever telling the truth! Big surprise there shyte for brains! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Mesa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who wants to text dirty?? (Jul '12) 1 hr Amanda 38
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Stirrer of merde 5,019
The New Downtown Library is Really 2 hr fritzy 3
Will Eric Schmidt Destroy Google? 5 hr Awesome 27
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... 5 hr Awesome 30
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr papersup 15,971
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr punch tips 7,935
•••
•••
•••

La Mesa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

La Mesa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••