Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Does anyone know this guy and what do you think about him as a home builder? Have a heard alot of bad things and was told by several people to avoid any home that he has built.

Any thoughts???
oops

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

The Grims are good ppl. Dont listen to vicious lies.
Xcuse me

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

oops wrote:
The Grims are good ppl. Dont listen to vicious lies.
Read carefully--the poster was asking about their ability to build houses. They can be good people, but still may build lousy houses (I don't know one way or the other.). I think it's a valid question to put up on here.
Wake up man

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

All the apartments that was build behind the eagle market. I was up in the attic working and noticed that they did not use one ounce of firemud on the firewalls. That is against the law and if fire marshall inspected it he would fail it. It is a code in campbell co to use firemud on a firewall and if them apartments ever catch on fire they will burn from unit to unit. That just goes to show if you got money you can get away with anything. I am just saying that he should have supplied the firemud and maybe down the road could of prevented something and with steves money he could have purchased the mud. I dont know who the firemarshall is in this town but i think he made somekind of bad mistake. I think a firemarshall has a serious job and if something happens he might be responsible to. I just think builders take a lot of short cuts they shouldnt take and what if this is done on a new home you had build and a contractor took so many shortcuts.
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Xcuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
Read carefully--the poster was asking about their ability to build houses. They can be good people, but still may build lousy houses (I don't know one way or the other.). I think it's a valid question to put up on here.
I agree with you, it's not whether he is a good person or not. I have just heard several horror stories about his work practices, that's all.
Does anyone else know anything about his company?
say what

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, it's not whether he is a good person or not. I have just heard several horror stories about his work practices, that's all.
and who are you?
additional info

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto. Only other thing I had heard besides what already been stated, is that his bank is suing him. Why? Dunno. No big surprise though. Bad business dealings will usually end up badly in the long run.
idiot

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Xcuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
are u completely brain dead? They said they had heard bad things u idiot and i simply said dont listen to vicious lies....ur clueless!
Xcuse me

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>are u completely brain dead? They said they had heard bad things u idiot and i simply said dont listen to vicious lies....ur clueless!
Wow, that sounds like something coming from someone in a cage!
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>are u completely brain dead? They said they had heard bad things u idiot and i simply said dont listen to vicious lies....ur clueless!
I have seen some of the problems with one of his houses and was just wondering if what other people had said was true as far as the other homes that he had built. I am not talking about him as a person at all. Just wanting to know about the building side of him?!?! What I saw with my own eyes had nothing to do with vicious lies.
Concerned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
and who are you?
Why does it matter who I am? That has nothing to do with someone's work practices, does it?
howdy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

you can cover up alot of stuff with sheetrock, mud and paint. we need building codes in CC and they need to be enforced like in our neighbor counties. that would put most of these guys out a business, wouldn't it?
i know them

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen some of the problems with one of his houses and was just wondering if what other people had said was true as far as the other homes that he had built. I am not talking about him as a person at all. Just wanting to know about the building side of him?!?! What I saw with my own eyes had nothing to do with vicious lies.
Maybe you shouldn't speculate and just ask him. He would be more than glad to answer questions you have. Asking someone directly instead of posting on a forum will get you an honest answer, unless your intentions are to cast unfavorable light upon someone without them being able to defend themselves.

If you want an honest answer, I will be glad to pass his number along to you. If not, then we will know what your true intentions were.

Where is this house you are speaking of?
i know them

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it matter who I am? That has nothing to do with someone's work practices, does it?
It does matter when you are asking questions like the ones you previously asked. Are you truly "concerned" or just another idiot who is trying to start a useless thread?
attic man

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Wake up man wrote:
All the apartments that was build behind the eagle market. I was up in the attic working and noticed that they did not use one ounce of firemud on the firewalls. That is against the law and if fire marshall inspected it he would fail it. It is a code in campbell co to use firemud on a firewall and if them apartments ever catch on fire they will burn from unit to unit. That just goes to show if you got money you can get away with anything. I am just saying that he should have supplied the firemud and maybe down the road could of prevented something and with steves money he could have purchased the mud. I dont know who the firemarshall is in this town but i think he made somekind of bad mistake. I think a firemarshall has a serious job and if something happens he might be responsible to. I just think builders take a lot of short cuts they shouldnt take and what if this is done on a new home you had build and a contractor took so many shortcuts.
why were you in the attic of them apartments?
Banker

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

additional info wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto. Only other thing I had heard besides what already been stated, is that his bank is suing him. Why? Dunno. No big surprise though. Bad business dealings will usually end up badly in the long run.
what bank is suing him?
we know you

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

i know them wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you shouldn't speculate and just ask him. He would be more than glad to answer questions you have. Asking someone directly instead of posting on a forum will get you an honest answer, unless your intentions are to cast unfavorable light upon someone without them being able to defend themselves.
If you want an honest answer, I will be glad to pass his number along to you. If not, then we will know what your true intentions were.
Where is this house you are speaking of?
Right. Well, the POINT IS believing that the answer you'd get from him would be HONEST, now wouldn't it. You seem to think that consumers OWE you/him proof that their concerns are legit and/or worthy enough to BE answered.

That alone is some mighty strong reason alone to NOT do business with whomever would have that attitude... never mind the rest!

Read 'i know them' posts for the consumer/renter/home buyer red alerts they are folks = "BUYER/RENTER BEWARE - FAIR WARNING"
i was sightseeing

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

I do know for affact the firewalls did not have firemud on them and if you dont believe me then find out who the firemarshall is and call him and tell him to inspect them and i would say he would make him replace the whole wall in every unit. Call a inspector in ktown and ask him his opinion.
except for

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

... passed inspection the first time around without it there, obviously... so why wouldn't it pass again? Know what I mean? There ya go. There's your CC "way of doing business" with these SO CALLED builders. Grimm isn't the only one.
howdy

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

It really doesn't matter who the builder is. Any builder that cuts corners and doesn't properly build a home should be exposed and made liable for their actions, shouldn't they?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the La Follette Forum right now

Search the La Follette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min NTMD8OR 123,953
Looking for something 18 min Jennifer 18
rainbow ford 20 min yes 32
Looking for older woman 45 min Young and big 1
mature women 49 min Big and tall 7
Rob Virts 2 hr Jesse Chambers 1
Beerbottle Bailey 2 hr SSBiker Babe 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

La Follette Jobs

•••