Bible: Homosexuals Saved and go to Heaven...

Posted in the La Follette Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Hickville, Usa

#1 May 22, 2012
Being homosexual may be a "sin" according to your buybull...but, also according to your buybull: They can be saved and go to heaven. Take a read:

Luke 17:

The context:
"30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

The Word:
"34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left."
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

So, according to your buybull: When Jesus returns....he'll be collecting the homosexual christians along with all of the other christians.

Have a Good night, folks. ;)~
Jason

Brentwood, TN

#2 May 22, 2012
First, Luke 17:34 says that two men were sleeping in the same bed, not that they were found in bed together. Second, the word “men” does not appear in the original language. It was added by the English translators. The same is true of the word “women” in verse 35.

The word men was assumed in verse 34 because in many cultures it’s not unusual for two men to sleep in the same bed, even today. It’s a matter of economics, not sexual preference. The word women was assumed in verse 35 because grinding grain to make bread has traditionally been women’s work.

Hickville, Usa

#3 May 22, 2012
Jason wrote:
First, Luke 17:34 says that two men were sleeping in the same bed, not that they were found in bed together. Second, the word “men” does not appear in the original language. It was added by the English translators. The same is true of the word “women” in verse 35.
The word men was assumed in verse 34 because in many cultures it’s not unusual for two men to sleep in the same bed, even today. It’s a matter of economics, not sexual preference. The word women was assumed in verse 35 because grinding grain to make bread has traditionally been women’s work.
As I said: "homosexual". I generally do not differentiate between "lesbians" and "homosexuals" (aka male)...because lesbians ARE homosexuals. Apparently your buybull did not either.

Annnnnd, you are right: it does not specify the context upon why the two are in bed together, so if they are homosexuals and one of them is a christian...that one will go to heaven. You don't get to add and subtract from the scriptures in order to fit your view.

Hickville, Usa

#4 May 22, 2012
Oh, BTW, are you actually prepared to have this discussion....or are you just another christian copy and paste queen?
http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher...
oops lol

Nashville, TN

#5 May 23, 2012
Obvious *crickets* is the response to THAT question, Geta. Love when these dweebs make an argument against themselves STICK. Seriously, LOL every time HAHAHAHAA!

Hickville, Usa

#6 May 23, 2012
oops lol wrote:
Obvious *crickets* is the response to THAT question, Geta. Love when these dweebs make an argument against themselves STICK. Seriously, LOL every time HAHAHAHAA!
Yep:

http://soundbible.com/295-Summer-Crickets-Chi...

I always enjoy when they just copy and paste google-apologetics. Much of the time I'm not even sure if they bother to READ what they are copying and pasting. LMAO! They certainly don't take a moment to actually THINK about it!
maybe

Smithville, TN

#7 May 23, 2012
Jason wrote:
Spirit man taken,flesh man left when you die your spirit leaves your flesh = two men one body.
scuse me but

Nashville, TN

#8 May 23, 2012
what???
maybe

Smithville, TN

#9 May 23, 2012
Your outward flesh man,your inward spirit man. When your spirit man is taken that will leave the the flesh man behind the dead body.
scuse me but

Nashville, TN

#10 May 24, 2012
... will leave the the flesh man behind the dead body???

whoa... some kinda hella scary crazy freak stuff going on right there. never mind.

Hickville, Usa

#11 May 24, 2012
maybe wrote:
Your outward flesh man,your inward spirit man. When your spirit man is taken that will leave the the flesh man behind the dead body.
That's a good answer, but it doesn't work according to scripture:

Romans 8:
NIV

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.

Many fundamentalists are against cremation, because there would be no body to resurrect at the rapture...

Try again?
suggestion

La Vergne, TN

#12 May 24, 2012
GetaClueU wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:
NIV
11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.
Many fundamentalists are against cremation, because there would be no body to resurrect at the rapture...
Try again?
....uh, this is off-topic, but I have a suggestion to you, GetaClue. Suggestion: GetaJOB!

Hickville, Usa

#13 May 24, 2012
suggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
....uh, this is off-topic, but I have a suggestion to you, GetaClue. Suggestion: GetaJOB!
Ummmmm, do I NEED a job? Well, YOU wouldn't know. Do I HAVE a job? Well, you wouldn't know that either. I appreciate the suggestion, but it was a bit determinate considering the indeterminate nature of your position. Wink, wink.
suggestion

La Vergne, TN

#14 May 24, 2012
Well, sounds like you might be talking about my tomato plants. Anyway, you don't have a job--I know more about you than you think. Wink, wink!

Hickville, Usa

#15 May 24, 2012
suggestion wrote:
Well, sounds like you might be talking about my tomato plants. Anyway, you don't have a job--I know more about you than you think. Wink, wink!
Believe whatever you wish! ;)~ Claims are EASY to come by, eh?
yep

La Vergne, TN

#16 May 25, 2012
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>Spirit man taken,flesh man left when you die your spirit leaves your flesh = two men one body.
exactly...

Hickville, Usa

#17 May 26, 2012
Surprisingly accurate:

Get Educated About Homosexuality

What is known is steadily sinking the "It's a Choice" ship. Personally, I do "believe" and accept that there ARE individuals that CHOOSE to engage in homosexual behavior. However, I, in no way, see that as the issue, and fully realize and accept that some, many, most (?) are born homosexual.
just thinking

Nashville, TN

#18 May 27, 2012
GetaClueU wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 8:
NIV
Try again?
Just curious, what would the fundamentalists think about people that were burned in accidents. So will God just ignore those christians because they dont have a body due to an accident?
just saying

Nashville, TN

#19 May 27, 2012
GetaClueU wrote:
Surprisingly accurate:
Get Educated About Homosexuality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PSQSx3OCrXQXX
What is known is steadily sinking the "It's a Choice" ship. Personally, I do "believe" and accept that there ARE individuals that CHOOSE to engage in homosexual behavior. However, I, in no way, see that as the issue, and fully realize and accept that some, many, most (?) are born homosexual.
Folks read the comments below this video, especially JohnDAcajun. Also, use your common sense when thinking about these organizations going the gay way. Its all about acceptance, politics, and money.

Hickville, Usa

#20 May 27, 2012
just thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, what would the fundamentalists think about people that were burned in accidents. So will God just ignore those christians because they dont have a body due to an accident?
I don't know...you would really have to ask "them", and I suspect you would get 60 different answers from 100 fundamentalists. It really doesn't make much sense to me-->They believe in an all-mighty "G-O-D"! Yet he can't gather all of the ashes and reconstitute the body? Incompetent? Or just plain lazy?
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks read the comments below this video, especially JohnDAcajun. Also, use your common sense when thinking about these organizations going the gay way. Its all about acceptance, politics, and money.
Here is the one comment that you are referring to:

So if one is born sexually attracted to animals, children,&#65279; and/or inanimate object that's OK because he was born that way? So I guess being a violent person is OK since Scientists have Discovered a Genetic Basis for Aggressive Behavior.

JohnDaCajun

Yep, creates (pun intended) quite a "pickle", eh? For the "God" believers...one has to really wonder WHY an all-knowing, all-powerful "God" would create such a mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kenneth bartleys girlfriend 35 min Get over it 4
Mamas kitchen marty jackson (Apr '12) 3 hr peter woods 8
Anybody seen Zeke Bolton 5 hr A and E Channel 3
Madea all up in hurrr 6 hr madea 13
A&E has a New Show from Campbell County called ... 9 hr A and E Channel 2
Some day KARMA is going to get a Bunch when the... 11 hr Life In the Real... 9
Kevin Fleming 16 hr U need help 5
Hamblin found dead Mon demonsintn 8
La Follette Dating
Find my Match