Comments
32,521 - 32,540 of 145,884 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34295 May 7, 2012
Exasperated1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to concentrate on infrastructure, security, FDA...the biggies for our safety, but that is about it.
I apologize for removal of much of your opinion. I agree more with the remaining.
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34296 May 7, 2012
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
<quoted text>
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Are you trying to say that the USA and France are like Spain Timbuck ? If you are...you are wrong. There is as much difference as daylight and dark.
Ok Timbuk2 ... I undo you. For now I see where your blind logic comes from.
Nice try bit no logic for puff here.
Mobile-Amused

Spartanburg, SC

#34297 May 7, 2012
An under-regulated "free market" is what led to the Great Depression. The Republicans may think that is a natural and wonderful consequence, but the Democrats would rather avoid the middle class having to suffer through such a dark time again.
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34298 May 7, 2012
Exasperated1 wrote:
<quoted text>
doncha think there would be CONSTANT reinvestment if the venture was profitable??? That is exactly what has happened since the beginning of the industrial age. Big money has invested, as the return was profitable. That is what a free market system is all about. This USED to be a country where ya worked hard, studied hard, a smidgeon of luck along the way, success was possible....today? not so much.
"This USED to be a country where ya worked hard, studied hard, a smidgeon of luck along the way, success was possible....today? not so much."

Oui, all of the above is true when the sides are stacked evenly it does work. I not see the republicans using as you describe "Free market system" though. It shows more tailored to the wealthy only to invest and enjoy. One sided ventures only. Theirs!!
And much investment in abroad only.
With USA, There should be only unemployed to those that truly do not want to work. For there is no such perfect country. There is always room within the infrastructure for improvements and repairs.
That brings guaranteed jobs.
Perhaps I am wrong somehow?
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34299 May 7, 2012
I want to thank all of you posters. Don't you just love a juicy debate? I gain so much enlightenment from your diverse opinions. You may know more about "Your USA" than puff from outside looking in .. but puff can easily sort through the "logic" without confusion.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#34300 May 7, 2012
Exasperated1 wrote:
Why is it mitt, to "defend your position" you have to denigrate to crude language? This happens often. Can you not express yourself without it? An even more pressing thought (after I read your posts) is why not work to a compromise and understanding of both sides. This "tit-for-tat" philosophy held by "most" on this site only reinforces the political position of those on the left and right. Which is exactly what has happened in congress and stagnating our country. Maybe its because I stand in the middle, that its just so.....exasperating.
If all you're worried about is getting your little sensitivities irritated, why don't you just go back to that other Forum , where you were petted, pampered, & coddled? Nobody wants to hear it on this one & Nobody's going to pet, pamper, & coddle you! There are Grown-up Intelligent People on this Thread , discussing serious issues & you whining about how they express themselves like alittle spoiled Baby trying to get attention, is not wanted nor appreciated by anybody who posts here!
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34301 May 7, 2012
Puff can clearly see that your politicians have learned it's cheaper than ever for your United States to borrow. That's because global investors desperately want the safety of you USA dollars. Almost everywhere else on the planet is riskier to do so. Think, Europe is in a debt crisis, and many developing nations are gripped by fears the contagion (oui good word) will spread to them, Japan remains in critical condition, China's growth is slowing some.

Now .. add some logic!

Put this together with two other facts:

Unemployment in USA remains sky-high. <<==
Your nation's infrastructure is crumbling. <<==

Cheap borrow .. <<==

Connect your dots. Oui?

Your roads, bridges, water and sewer systems, subways, gas pipelines, ports, airports, and school buildings are desperately in need of repair.

Anyone with half a brain will see this is the ideal time to borrow money from the rest of the world to put Americans to work rebuilding the nation's infrastructure. Your deferred maintenance system puff see before her is taking a huge toll for your USA... just saying!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#34302 May 7, 2012
As the Republican National Committee attacks President Obama on jobs, they themselves are using a overseas call center.
Republicans just don't get it about American jobs.
http://www.aflcio.org/Blog/Economy/Republican...
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34303 May 7, 2012
Oh My ... monsieur and new President of France, François Hollande just delivered victory speech.

In small talk .. he says "Goodbye" Nicolas Sarkozy.

For France it be first left wing president in almost 20 years. He is vowing to transform Europe's handling of the economic crisis by fighting back against the German led austerity measures.

In France, There much public dislike of the monsieur Nicolas Sarkozy viewed by many as the "president of the rich". Quite popular and liked in the beginning. But clearly failed to deliver his promises made.

USA elections are nearing. Now is time to remember american politicians promises too.

Location hidden

#34304 May 7, 2012
I wish that all of the TEApublicans would just research & read what led up to the "crash of '29" & hence, the "Great Depression". Although, Economists say that this is different in referring to wht it will take to pull us out of it & recover, what led up to it is very similar. After World WarII, we changed our economic Theory of Government to one that a German Economist promoted & it worked well for us, until 1980, when Reagan was elected. That's when the "Powers that be" in his Administration, decided that they would change our economic Theory to give it all to Wealthiest & Big Corporations, came up with NAFTA, & let all the "Wealth trickle down", eventually to the average Worker & People & it's been a downhill slide ever since for everybody, EXCEPT the Wealthiest & the Big Corporations! Even the Ones in Reagan"s Administration who were part of changing to this disastrous Economic Theory, who was an Austrian btw, have publicly admitted that it DOES NOT WORK! And yet, we continue on with it, as it destroys our Country. It would take another 50 years, at least, to change back to the old Economic Plan that worked for us, at least, but we have to start sometime & now, looks like the most necessary time that we're ever going to have, to me, before we go completely under, as a Nation. If we could get the Wealthy & the big Corporation Pay-offs out of Washington, then maybe our Leaders would start thinking about doing just that, which would be the best thing for our Country & ALL of us, instead of only thinking about enriching themselves.
When they have destroyed her, they will have enough money to abandon her & leave to go live in another Country in luxury, while the rest of us will be left to pick up the pieces & start all over rebuilding her, which will take generations...if we're lucky enough that another Country doesn't decide to take her over, in which case we'll all be dead!

Location hidden

#34305 May 7, 2012
I should make clear that the disasterous economic plan, the "Trickle Down" Economic Theory, was a Plan developed by an Austrian. The Plan developed by a German, that we went by from the end of World WarII until 1980, is the Plan that worked well for ALL of us.
I did know both of their Names, but I have forgotten them.
puff of logic

Portland, TN

#34306 May 7, 2012
monsieur Romney and monsieur Sarkozy carry striking resemblance. Both fit the "President of the rich"
and both "Playboy Lifestyles".
A rich person (Sarkozy) in comprehending peasants (France) Knows of their existence. But blind to their needs.
USA (citizens): Hum "Needs"? monsieur Romney?
It has never really in truth been a thought to him. Because of wealth .. No worry ever!
Désolé... Puff livrer coup bas!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#34307 May 7, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
If all you're worried about is getting your little sensitivities irritated, why don't you just go back to that other Forum , where you were petted, pampered, & coddled? Nobody wants to hear it on this one & Nobody's going to pet, pamper, & coddle you! There are Grown-up Intelligent People on this Thread , discussing serious issues & you whining about how they express themselves like alittle spoiled Baby trying to get attention, is not wanted nor appreciated by anybody who posts here!
hahahhaha. Its a sad, sad day when a mature adult cannot articulate their thoughts in an intelligent manner without having to resort to profanity to do so, but then maybe that is probably why I see you swearing so often on here: No maturity, no intelligence.

Do not even attempt to limit my RIGHTS to voice my opinion whenever and wherever I chose. I thought you were at least smart enuf not to do that, clearly I was wrong.

“"U.S. Constitution"”

Since: Mar 09

Tea-Party

#34308 May 7, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
I should make clear that the disasterous economic plan, the "Trickle Down" Economic Theory, was a Plan developed by an Austrian. The Plan developed by a German, that we went by from the end of World WarII until 1980, is the Plan that worked well for ALL of us.
I did know both of their Names, but I have forgotten them.
While tax cuts to 95% of America sounds great on paper, don't forget the back story: If there is no job, there is no income to tax. A tax cut on zero dollars is zero. So, when you make decision to vote, ask yourself, who understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't? Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who might be the one capable of saving your job. While the media wants to tell you "It's the economy Stupid" I'm telling you it isn't.

If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the Constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever. If that happens, you can find me in the South Caribbean sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Location hidden

#34309 May 7, 2012
Drex, the TEApublicans campaigned on creating jobs in the last election...they have not done that & they won't even talk about it since the election, except to say something just like you did, which is cut more of the Wealthy's taxes if you want more jobs because the Wealthy are the only Ones who can create jobs.
The truth is that Obama's fought-for efforts are what has created what few jobs have been created in this Country. The Wealthy may have created jobs out of this Country, but not IN this Country & they won't because they want Low-wage, Slave Labor to maximize their profits.
BTW, will you take me with you to the Caribbean? Lol!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#34311 May 7, 2012
true...very true...those nasty old rich pubs have not reinvested in this country lately...but not for the reasons stated above. Each day, the EPA comes out with more and more excessive regulation..specifically tailored to meet their aggenda and stop job growth. Any businessman worth "their salt" will not people at this point because of obamacare and the massive expenses associated with that. Even when job opportunities land in our lap (keystone) obama has nixed it. Ya can't have it both ways liberals...ya either want job growth or ya don't....but don't complain there is none when your own aggenda has set the background for the same.

“"U.S. Constitution"”

Since: Mar 09

Tea-Party

#34312 May 7, 2012
Today's Illegal Immigration News
Monday, May 7, 2012

IS HILDA SOLIS REALLY SECRETARY OF THE “ILLEGAL” LABOR DEPARTMENT?

That’s the question one reporter asks following her speech at the Building and Construction Trades National Conference where Labor Department Secretary Hilda Solis took the opportunity to stump for amnesty, saying:“We all know that what we really need is comprehensive immigration reform so everyone has a level playing field. So thank you for standing with President Obama on our push for immigration reform.”

Of course, this is not the first time Sec. Solis has peddled amnesty. In August 2011, during a ‘Labor Rights Week’ event, Solis announced that the U.S. government had entered agreements with several foreign countries to protect the “rights” of illegal immigrants illegally working in this country. Back in 2010, Solis announced the “We Can Help” program to protect day laborers, even if they are illegal immigrants, adding 250 field investigators to enforce labor laws, but who would not enforce immigration laws. And let’s not forget the taxpayer funded ad and toll-free hotline for illegal immigrants to report any possible infractions of their ‘rights.’

~~~~~~~~~~

???? Protect the *rights* of illegal (immigrants) illegally working in this country???

???? A level playing field?? Illegals competing with legal Americans for jobs???

???? Infractions of their "rights" ???
Tom

Livingston, TN

#34313 May 7, 2012
The Losers; All Republican

----------

"Michele Bachmann endorsed Mitt Romney on Thursday. Guess Michele's trying to prove that even though she didn't get the nomination, she's still capable of making those tough decisions."
- Janice Hough
----------

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Sen. John McCain’s Advice to Mitt Romney: Pick a Running Mate You Trust
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...
This morning on ABC's This Week, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., weighed in on Mitt Romney's hotly anticipated vice presidential pick. The former presidential candidate's advice was clear.

"The absolute, most important aspect is, if something happened to him, would that person be well qualified to take that place?" said McCain. "I happen to believe that was the primary factor in my decision in 2008. And I know it will be Mitt's." ...
----------

"John McCain advised GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney to pick a running mate “he could trust”. Apparently, the concept of “having a fully functioning brain” still hasn't occurred to him."
- Jerry Perisho
----------

2012 Veepstakes
http://www.willdurst.com/scenarios/05.05veeps...
----------

"We're going to beat you like a drum in November. Don't take it personally. You seem like a nice guy, but you're going down, bro."
- Charles Barkley
----------

"Rick Perry says if Mitt Romney doesn't win “God help us.” And God is thinking, wait a minute, I'm already working on helping Texas survive your being Governor."
- Janice Hough
----------

"Occupy Wall Street is back. There were protests everywhere... They marched all the way to the White House. It's not easy to get all the way to the White House. Just ask Newt Gingrich."
- Craig Ferguson
----------

Sad news......
The penguin that bit Newt Gingrich died of Newt Gingrich poisoning.
----------

"Newt Gingrich dropped out of the GOP presidential race on Wednesday after he won in Georgia and in South Carolina. He nearly won in the Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Louisiana and Alabama primaries. You know you're not in touch with the American people when the only states that support you are the ones that tried to leave the Union.
- Argus Hamilton

Location hidden

#34314 May 7, 2012
Drex, I believe that "Day Labors" refers to Farm Workers who come here to work during the growing season, but return to their Country (Mexico) during the Off-season, not the Illegals who have set up permanent residence in this Country.
Now, while I oppose even the Day Laborers coming here to only work because they hurt our economy by taking their wages back to Mexico & circulating it in their economy, not ours...I do understand that the Rich Farmers & some Other Employers have to have them because Americans simply cannot and/or will not do the work that the Day Laborers do, in MOST cases. In other cases, it's just a matter of Greedy Employers employing them, instead of Americans, at cheap wages to, again, maximize their profits, which should be stopped. The Employers would rather pay that money to American Politicians to protect them, that to American Workers to work for them, & that's a shame!

Location hidden

#34315 May 7, 2012
Tom wrote:
The Losers; All Republican
----------
"Michele Bachmann endorsed Mitt Romney on Thursday. Guess Michele's trying to prove that even though she didn't get the nomination, she's still capable of making those tough decisions."
- Janice Hough
----------
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Sen. John McCain’s Advice to Mitt Romney: Pick a Running Mate You Trust
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/...
This morning on ABC's This Week, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., weighed in on Mitt Romney's hotly anticipated vice presidential pick. The former presidential candidate's advice was clear.
"The absolute, most important aspect is, if something happened to him, would that person be well qualified to take that place?" said McCain. "I happen to believe that was the primary factor in my decision in 2008. And I know it will be Mitt's." ...
----------
"John McCain advised GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney to pick a running mate “he could trust”. Apparently, the concept of “having a fully functioning brain” still hasn't occurred to him."
- Jerry Perisho
----------
2012 Veepstakes
http://www.willdurst.com/scenarios/05.05veeps...
----------
"We're going to beat you like a drum in November. Don't take it personally. You seem like a nice guy, but you're going down, bro."
- Charles Barkley
----------
"Rick Perry says if Mitt Romney doesn't win “God help us.” And God is thinking, wait a minute, I'm already working on helping Texas survive your being Governor."
- Janice Hough
----------
"Occupy Wall Street is back. There were protests everywhere... They marched all the way to the White House. It's not easy to get all the way to the White House. Just ask Newt Gingrich."
- Craig Ferguson
----------
Sad news......
The penguin that bit Newt Gingrich died of Newt Gingrich poisoning.
----------
"Newt Gingrich dropped out of the GOP presidential race on Wednesday after he won in Georgia and in South Carolina. He nearly won in the Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Louisiana and Alabama primaries. You know you're not in touch with the American people when the only states that support you are the ones that tried to leave the Union.
- Argus Hamilton
LMAO @ John McCain & Michelle Bachmann!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Follette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbians of Campbell county 20 min Brad 24
Moose 1 hr Narc 7
god hates liars 1 hr God said 7
Potter gets road to his farm black topped today 2 hr Ambush 23
Clinton Cash Express 3 hr Brother 26
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr Jim 8,615
girl for a gangbang 4 hr Jim 20
•••
•••
•••