Onalaska police search for parole violator hiding in attic, fin...

While pursuing a man who had escaped into an attic by cutting a hole in the ceiling - with a sword - Onalaska police Tuesday stumbled across marijuana growing in a neighboring apartment, authorities said. Full Story
Rob

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2009
This says a few things. First of all, obviously many more people use marijuana than is supposed, as evidenced by the random nature of this find and many others. Second, the most paranoid approach to security of your personal marijuana use is the best. Keep things out of plain sight. It probably is a good idea not to grow pot, and if you do, don't do it for money. Third, clearly marijuana is harmless to society if not utterly harmless in every sense and is useful to many for anti-nausea and is a widely used mildly hallucinogenic relaxant with few, if any, side effects and no addiction or overdose. Thus it should be legalized. If ever there was an example of how an unjust law invades people's private lives this story would be illustrative of it.
Take note

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 12, 2009
A man who was minding his business and was not violent or a threat to anyone became a criminal over a plant. The "drug czars" like Barry McCaffrey have repeatedly said no one goes to jail for marijuana. Yet every year, over 800,000 Americans are arrested. Now, one would not want to have marijuana grows occurring in an apartment due to potential safety hazards, but prohibition INSURES that this happens, rather than legal personal or commercial grows under safe conditions. It's truly sad that if this man has a medical need that he would now go to jail. Let's let sanity prevail and reform our nation's drug laws already.
Laughing

Elko, MN

#3 Nov 12, 2009
What's the injury? Strained thumb ligaments from sports video games. Fire up the bong and throw in a new game dude!
Godz Will

Plymouth, MN

#4 Nov 12, 2009
Rob wrote:
This says a few things. First of all, obviously many more people use marijuana than is supposed, as evidenced by the random nature of this find and many others. Second, the most paranoid approach to security of your personal marijuana use is the best. Keep things out of plain sight. It probably is a good idea not to grow pot, and if you do, don't do it for money. Third, clearly marijuana is harmless to society if not utterly harmless in every sense and is useful to many for anti-nausea and is a widely used mildly hallucinogenic relaxant with few, if any, side effects and no addiction or overdose. Thus it should be legalized. If ever there was an example of how an unjust law invades people's private lives this story would be illustrative of it.
You're an idiot! Everyone knows smoking pot makes you gay!
Rob

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2009
Godz Will wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot! Everyone knows smoking pot makes you gay!
How so?

Since: May 09

La Crosse, WI

#6 Nov 15, 2009
Pot is still illegal around these parts. So, do the crime, serve the time. Pretty obvious, huh?

To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
La Crosse Chat:index
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 15, 2009
davejar wrote:
Pot is still illegal around these parts. So, do the crime, serve the time. Pretty obvious, huh?
To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
La Crosse Chat:index
Lots of people commit lots of crimes and do little or no time. It all depends on policing(very unreliable), who has money and who doesn't. Most people who smoke weed(or have sex before the legal age, or drink too young or light off fireworks or speed or do rolling stops at stop signs) don't get caught.

Since: May 09

La Crosse, WI

#8 Nov 29, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of people commit lots of crimes and do little or no time. It all depends on policing(very unreliable), who has money and who doesn't. Most people who smoke weed(or have sex before the legal age, or drink too young or light off fireworks or speed or do rolling stops at stop signs) don't get caught.
Cannot argue with you there Rob. However, it still doesn't mean it is OK to do illegal drugs, and such, now does it?

To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
Chat Unlimited:index
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 30, 2009
davejar wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannot argue with you there Rob. However, it still doesn't mean it is OK to do illegal drugs, and such, now does it?
To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
Chat Unlimited:index
Whatever it means, there are a lot of stupid laws on the books being enforced by stupid people with a socially conservative agenda. This in turn creates disdain for the law and those who enforce it. Meanwhile, a lot of idiots on the right want to expound on the greatness of their righteous cause while hypocritically cherry picking which laws we need to follow(based not on the relevancy of said laws but on whether they have some prejudice against their generalized view of people that, say, smoke pot)and those laws which we (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) can merely disregard as laws "everyone" disobeys. This is all based on an unwritten standard, known only to the bigots that want to shove unjust laws down our throats.

Since: May 09

La Crosse, WI

#10 Nov 30, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever it means, there are a lot of stupid laws on the books being enforced by stupid people with a socially conservative agenda. This in turn creates disdain for the law and those who enforce it. Meanwhile, a lot of idiots on the right want to expound on the greatness of their righteous cause while hypocritically cherry picking which laws we need to follow(based not on the relevancy of said laws but on whether they have some prejudice against their generalized view of people that, say, smoke pot)and those laws which we (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) can merely disregard as laws "everyone" disobeys. This is all based on an unwritten standard, known only to the bigots that want to shove unjust laws down our throats.
Pejoratives directed at Conservatives don't an argument make. I say, do the crime...ya does the time...no exceptions...and I am a Conservative...If some Conservatives don't agree with me...it is a free country and they have a right to be wrong sometimes, just like all the rest of us...since none of us is perfect.

To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
Chat Unlimited:index

Since: May 09

La Crosse, WI

#11 Nov 30, 2009
Oops, this forum just double posted my 1 comment...Glitch in the programming on here...double oops...

To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
Chat Unlimited:index
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 30, 2009
davejar wrote:
<quoted text>
Pejoratives directed at Conservatives don't an argument make. I say, do the crime...ya does the time...no exceptions...and I am a Conservative...If some Conservatives don't agree with me...it is a free country and they have a right to be wrong sometimes, just like all the rest of us...since none of us is perfect.
To find another interesting fun discussion forum, just Google:
Chat Unlimited:index
Yeah, we've already gone over this. If you do the crime you sometimes do the time and sometimes not, based a lot on your personal profile(i.e.race, class, personal appearance) and whether you have lots of money to defend yourself. And that is if you actually get caught for your rolling stop, or speeding, or non-permitted burn pile or any of a number of crimes that the hypocrites tell us are okay if they fit with a certain agenda. If you have the "correct" personal philosophy it's okay to break certain laws, but not if you smoke dope, nosireebub, that will no be tolerated by the whiskey swilling, cigar smoking, prayerful, righteous right. Real conservatism involves not getting into other people's personal business, which is exactly what marijuana(and actually all drug) laws do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Crosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Onalaska, WI (Aug '10) Nov '14 davejar 12
Looking info on fort Mccoy Cuban Refugees 1980 (Nov '09) Nov '14 armyguy1979 12
3somes Nov '14 mmm47 1
looking for ed Nov '14 quick 1
Overheard a conversation about suspected Meth b... Oct '14 penisface 2
This time around Scott Walker less dominant in ... Sep '14 David Messner 2
La Crosse Longfellow Middle School student name... Sep '14 GandG STUPAK 1
La Crosse Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

La Crosse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

La Crosse News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in La Crosse

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:24 am PST

Bleacher Report10:24AM
Vikings vs. Dolphins: Breaking Down Miami's Game Plan
Bleacher Report11:11 AM
5 Bold Predictions for Vikings' Week 16 Matchup
ESPN 1:37 PM
Pack name playoff captains before clinching
Bleacher Report 5:51 PM
Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 8:03 PM
Breaking Down Green Bay's Game Plan