No

Other (explain below)

tired

Lebanon, VA

#1016 Dec 2, 2011
Lee Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't free if you paid for it.
Medicare is not free they take it from you b4 u get your check and then you have a co-pay and the 20 per cent they do not pay no it is not 'FREE"

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#1017 Dec 2, 2011
Eco101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people I know over 65 have medicare (free healthcare)
Eco101 wrote:
Keep in mind that most people 65 years old as of now are sitting back on paid healthcare
tired wrote:
<quoted text>Medicare is not free they take it from you b4 u get your check and then you have a co-pay and the 20 per cent they do not pay no it is not 'FREE"
Ah, so it was free per your earlier arguments, you know, the ones where you say you how easy the elderly have it, now all of a sudden that "free" healthcare has a price to it.

Care to flip flop some more?
Barney

Charlottesville, VA

#1018 Dec 3, 2011
What's up folks?

is Congress

#1019 Dec 6, 2011
My bad Eco, I must have been asleep when I used your quotes to compare to 'tired'. Looks like that free medicare ain't so free. It costs me plenty in my taxes.
bleh

Newport News, VA

#1020 Dec 6, 2011
You guys still arguing over this crap. Submitted my paperwork a few months ago and made my first "no property tax" house payment.

Yay for me!!

is Congress

#1021 Dec 6, 2011
Good for you!
tired

Lebanon, VA

#1022 Dec 7, 2011
Lee Hall wrote:
My bad Eco, I must have been asleep when I used your quotes to compare to 'tired'. Looks like that free medicare ain't so free. It costs me plenty in my taxes.
Cost me plenty the 50 years I worked and it cost plenty now no it is not 'FREEE' no matter what people say. You pay one way or another.

is Congress

#1023 Dec 7, 2011
tired wrote:
<quoted text>Cost me plenty the 50 years I worked and it cost plenty now no it is not 'FREEE' no matter what people say. You pay one way or another.
Agreed, tired. I see my payments every payday.
its me

Crewe, VA

#1025 Jan 18, 2012
Why can some county's do it and some say NO ????
This should be a hole state thing. Can any one tell me whats up with this..
Mary

Lebanon, VA

#1026 Aug 16, 2012
Well it sounds like only the well to do is speaking here. I work with Seniors everyday and I see how they live and the majority of seniors in this country is not driving around in expenses cars and most can't even get to walmarts. I see people that can't even buy groceries for the week. Don't know where you guys live or looking but America better wake up, because they are going to get you one way or another whether or not they give seniors a break or not, taxes with continue to rise and other government fees. I wish my parents were given a break when they were seniors and by the way do any of you have parents or are you from Mars.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#1027 Aug 16, 2012
Just keep voting for Obama, and seniors might as well commit suicide. The young folks that are liberals in this country only think of themselves, and screw the "old folks". Little do these little twerps know, is IF they live long enough, they too will be old.
Nitty Gritty

United States

#1028 Aug 17, 2012
Mary wrote:
Well it sounds like only the well to do is speaking here. I work with Seniors everyday and I see how they live and the majority of seniors in this country is not driving around in expenses cars and most can't even get to walmarts. I see people that can't even buy groceries for the week. Don't know where you guys live or looking but America better wake up, because they are going to get you one way or another whether or not they give seniors a break or not, taxes with continue to rise and other government fees. I wish my parents were given a break when they were seniors and by the way do any of you have parents or are you from Mars.
WHY in the name of Jesus Alou did you drag up this stupid idiotic thread that is almost 2 years old and has been dead for the past 7 months? And what are you blathering about anyway? Apparently you didn't bother to even read the other comments.
yup

Charlottesville, VA

#1029 Aug 17, 2012
VN Vet wrote:
Just keep voting for Obama, and seniors might as well commit suicide. The young folks that are liberals in this country only think of themselves, and screw the "old folks". Little do these little twerps know, is IF they live long enough, they too will be old.
i agree.
this is stupid

Richlands, VA

#1030 Aug 17, 2012
OMG! looks like this is going to take over.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1032 Aug 18, 2012
this is stupid wrote:
OMG! looks like this is going to take over.
Are you from Pounding Mill....or Pounding Pudd?
Doris Mullens

Salem, VA

#1034 Sep 3, 2012
why shouldnt seniors and people who are disable get a break heck social security check arent that great God know my husband is thankful why do we want the gov to take what is yours
Atg

Winchester, KY

#1035 Sep 3, 2012
Doris Mullens wrote:
why shouldnt seniors and people who are disable get a break heck social security check arent that great God know my husband is thankful why do we want the gov to take what is yours
your right.let the rich.pay we have paid their way long Enough.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#1036 Sep 4, 2012
old news...........
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#1037 Sep 5, 2012
Descendants of black slaves should receive a property tax exemption as partial reparations for slavery.
Just saying

Saluda, VA

#1038 Sep 5, 2012
The original post says the year 2010?? Should it be 2012 or was this on the ballot 2 years ago? And I agree with Thinker....cut all the unnecessary spending.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

La Crosse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Bracey, VA (May '12) Sep 16 CallieFoster210 3
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug '14 Time Flys 2,545
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,432
JOIN AJAKAJA BROTHERHOOD FOR WEALTH,FAME,AND PR... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mr Desmond Salami 1
Sabrina Humple (Feb '14) Feb '14 Yoyo 1
Is now a good time to buy a house and take on a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 detewajuwaj 2
I tried Prosper.com? (Dec '13) Dec '13 qimygywokucy 2

La Crosse Jobs

La Crosse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

La Crosse News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in La Crosse

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]