TRAGEDY at KNIFLEY. Two die in early morning house fire

Full story: Columbia Magazine

Two photos accompany this story An early morning tragedy on Elkhorn Road, just west of the KY 551 and KY 76 Crossroads, Knifley, KY, took the lives of two people.
Comments
1 - 20 of 161 Comments Last updated Mar 20, 2009
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
saddened

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2006

I knew the guy that died in the fire. he worked on my car plenty of times in knifley ky. Him and I think it was his dad were both very sweet men and its sad how he had to burn up in a fire.
Sandy Holtzclaw

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2006

I just wanted to send my deepest sorrow's to the Judd family. Becky, Heather, James, Martha, and also Todd have been friends of mine for many years and I want the family to know that I pray for them and I am sorry for their loss.
Here Somewhere

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2006

Hi sandy how you doing. Aint seen or heard of you since high school
mom of 3

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2006

yes it was really sad i have know that family for along time Todd used to live with me and my family when he was younger he lived with us for 6 years and i really hate this had to happen to him he was a annoying little boy and at times i would whoop up on him lol because he would get on my nerves but i really liked him i thought of him as my little brother it hurts to think of it we got his pictures of him out yesterday and looked at them and we made a home video when he was living with us and it just brings tears to your eyes everytime you think back of the times that you spent with someone and then something like this happens. I havent seen him for a long time so i bet he had changed, it dont seem like he should have been that old and a baby 6 months old i really feel for them.
Friend

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2006

I am the new kid on the block, And I know that if it hadn't been for Bruce Harrison, The mother and Dad would have burnt up also, I talked with the mom and dad of the young man, They told me this them selfs, I am very proud to be a friend of Bruce Harrisons, And I am very very sorry for the lose of 2 more young people.
mom of 3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2006

has anyone heard if they are still investigating this fire or did they already find out what happened?
Okan Akkaya

Istanbul, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2006

MSN : okanakkaya01@hotmail.com

http://okanakkaya01.spaces.live.com

OKAN AKKAYA

sna

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

Okan Akkaya wrote:
MSN : okanakkaya01@hotmail.com
http://okanakkaya01.spaces.live.com
OKAN AKKAYA
hopefully not
mom of 3

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

hopefully not what sna
Not heard much

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

I didn't confirm the info, but i've heard that there was some progress.
Wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2006

How is there any progress to be made? The house burnt down. Is there a suspect for arson or something?
mom of 3

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

well they was all partying and one of the people was drunk and smoking so they think that might be what caused it or maybe something else, but i hope they find out.
Brother of Laura Mae

Blissfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

Yes this Fire is still under investigation.
mom of 3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2006

glad to hear that brother of laura.
Friend

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

The person that was drunk and smoking didn't cause the fire. There is no way that cigarette could cause a fire of that magnitude that quickly.
mom of 3

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2006

if he was smoking in the bed as they say he was, yes i quess it would.
Brother of Laura Mae

Blissfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2006

Lets stay with the facts,and not all hearsay.

The house was old,but in eyesight of the local Volinteer Fire department.I was told (hearsay)they were next door to the fire chief's house and he
was next door to the fire department.

Majority of the firefighters 1st to respond,were all neighbors.Within minutes of the call,they were on the scen.The house was at time enguffed in flames.

I know from speaking to one of them,that it was one of the hottest fires,they had ever seen.

According to reports,there were 5 people in the house.

Anyways,even tho the house was really old,NO cigarette could have started that fire.

If dude fell asleep,and started the fire,with a lit
cig.

Why was the house enguffed in flames,after he got out?

It moved way to quickly for him to get out of the house,and try to help the others still in the house.Only to end up a total loss of the house with 2 people dead ,next door to the fire department..
mom of 3

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2006

why are you saying they was next door at the fire chiefs house when they was all at that house partying. Martha said they all was cutting up and having a good time on tv when i watched it, i guess she failed to mention they was drinking too. It is just as much her fault that that happened than anyone else she shouldnt allowed that man to be in the house drinking and she said herself to me when i was at the funeral that they went to bed and they thought that man left, but he didnt and the next thing they knew the house was on fire explain that to me. I think if they really tried harder they could have got todd out or even put something down for him to jump out of a window, but they was worried about getting themselves out first.
Brother of Laura Mae

Blissfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2006

I want to know the truth,thats all.
Brother of Laura Mae

Blissfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2006

I speak only the facts here.I know my sister trusted Martha.

Me and my sister were very close.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Knifley Discussions

Search the Knifley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min justice_- 128,911
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 34 min Jay 146,845
School DELAY 51 min Murray 5
He has warrants and is wanted in Casey county 3 hr LMS 19
Blonde that drives tan chevy 4 hr Jman835 3
Westlake Debt Growing 5 hr Piper 126
Cops chasing a bandit 5 hr Flint hill bandit 11
•••
•••
•••
Knifley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••