Barb

Middleboro, MA

#1 Jun 18, 2009
What is going on??
I know they are suppose to be redoing the park -but they have cut down 4 trees so far. They have cut the trees in between the sidewalk and the water by the shelter house plus another one behind the shelter house. There are more beautiful trees on the other side between the sidewalk and the water. I hope they won't be cut down. All of the trees were and are so beautiful! I know they plan on making 6 feet sidewalks all around.A pavillion hasn't been finish yet. Anyone know what else Are they getting rid of the other trees I mentioned here. I hope not!!!

Since: Jun 09

Jackson, Mississippi

#2 Jun 18, 2009
WOW! My husband and I were just out there yesterday and thought the same thing! We didn't see where it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to cut the trees that they did. What a shame! I don't think they pay much attention to the kids that are out there fishing. There is always someone under one of the trees next to the lagoon. I sure hope the other side is left alone as far as the trees go. Maybe they could spread the rock a bit thinner in those areas, rather than cutting down a great fishing spot for families and kids. I'M WITH YOU ON THIS ONE, BARB!
Boiler

Park Forest, IL

#3 Jun 18, 2009
The loaders had trouble getting next to the lake in spots to take out the concrete and put down the rock. The job could not get done without taking out trees. The wider path and the white rock will be wonderful.
hrer

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Jun 19, 2009
kdghd
Barb wrote:
What is going on??
I know they are suppose to be redoing the park -but they have cut down 4 trees so far. They have cut the trees in between the sidewalk and the water by the shelter house plus another one behind the shelter house. There are more beautiful trees on the other side between the sidewalk and the water. I hope they won't be cut down. All of the trees were and are so beautiful! I know they plan on making 6 feet sidewalks all around.A pavillion hasn't been finish yet. Anyone know what else Are they getting rid of the other trees I mentioned here. I hope not!!!
HE HE HE HAW HAW

Washington, IL

#5 Jun 19, 2009
Boiler wrote:
The loaders had trouble getting next to the lake in spots to take out the concrete and put down the rock. The job could not get done without taking out trees. The wider path and the white rock will be wonderful.
So get the contractor to use a smaller piece of equipment to do the tight spots. or hand work for mexicans. pay them $.50 an hour they will work there brown a$$e$ off
wise-up

Park Forest, IL

#6 Jun 19, 2009
HE HE HE HAW HAW wrote:
<quoted text>So get the contractor to use a smaller piece of equipment to do the tight spots. or hand work for mexicans. pay them $.50 an hour they will work there brown a$$e$ off
I'm with you on this hee-haw, but common sense never prevails in this day and age !!!

Since: Jun 09

Fairburn, GA

#7 Jun 21, 2009
wise-up wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you on this hee-haw, but common sense never prevails in this day and age !!!
hehehehawhaw and wise-up-
you both sound like bigoted redneck idiots,grow up
Op X

United States

#8 Jun 21, 2009
I guess you would need to know more about the plan and the reason for the use of heavy equipment to understand. Contact the Park District for more information or concerns. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to explain.

I agree with Boiler, it will be beautiful when finished.
good friend

Panora, IA

#9 Aug 24, 2011
Look at Windmont history it is amazing. It should restored.
Facts R Facts

Chicago, IL

#10 Aug 24, 2011
Why restore it? Cuz you live on that side of town? Boy that prison type fence looks awesome around windmont. Dont it? What about how the morons lock the bathrooms? What about how adults allow their bratty kids to throw huge rocks into the pond?.Id say close windmont down. Forget about the little league teams and do more for the golfers the way it always happens around here.
Kyle

Monee, IL

#11 Aug 24, 2011
Facts R Facts wrote:
Why restore it? Cuz you live on that side of town? Boy that prison type fence looks awesome around windmont. Dont it? What about how the morons lock the bathrooms? What about how adults allow their bratty kids to throw huge rocks into the pond?.Id say close windmont down. Forget about the little league teams and do more for the golfers the way it always happens around here.
Why not restore it? It's our nicest park in town. Who cares if you live near it or not. Lots of ppl grab food and go eat there, I'm sure many of these ppl are from the North side of the tracks. Kids were throwing rocks into the pond 30 years ago, who cares? And I don't understand what you mean about leaving out little league and golfers. Baker Golf Course is nicely kept, and Northeast Park is very nice as well. Too bad kids don't want to play baseball anymore.
Kewanee Source

Chicago, IL

#12 Aug 30, 2011
Yes better bow down to the lame but wealthy golfers of kewanee.. Just what I want my grandkids to see a bunch of drunks chasing a ball.. What is with the ugly fence around windmont? Why lock the restrooms when the park is full of people? Why do you continue to post everywhere on this forum *Kyle* Suk butt much growing up?(Brown noser)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kewanee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who was the old man who got stabbed?? 15 min Just Me 1
Man beaten 2 hr yeah 10
KHS class of 99 (attention) 8 hr khs 3
Old grill and chill 12 hr concerned 6
Kewanee during the 1960's and 70's (Jan '10) 12 hr adbacks 338
Lisa Alford Mon Hey Anyone 1
Flower guy found guilty Mon fLOWER GAYS 2
Kewanee Dating
Find my Match

Kewanee People Search