Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated May 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Michael S Beadman

Kenton, OH

#1 May 15, 2010
This town sounds messed up ! I have never read so many forums that bash on so many people in one small town.I am actually proud of the town I live in ,but I don't read to many people that are proud of Kenton,Ohio. I remember back in the late 90's on a late night talk show the host said,"If you want to get away with murder move to Hardin county in Ohio ! " It sounds like this town or county has only got worse with time.
Put two and two together

Dublin, OH

#2 May 15, 2010
I believe it was Davi Letterman that said that, and he sure was on the mark. I really can't figure out why the things that go on in this town are just permitted to go on without stalling. Even Friday, on the news, another person was given community control for dealing in heroin. Explain to me the logic in this when people get 90 days for minor infractions. Is there that serious a problem with priorities in this town?
grandma

Kenton, OH

#3 May 16, 2010
actually i think earl pitts said it first on his radio talk show 25 yrs ago!!
i knoW

Kenton, OH

#4 May 16, 2010
this town is full of people who have nothing to do on friday nights so they bash people on her because they are hiding behind a screen and csnt say it in person!!!
grandma

Kenton, OH

#5 May 16, 2010
didn't read anything of the sort on this page. u got the wrong topix.we r talking about kenton not the people in it.
Kelsey

Athens, OH

#6 May 16, 2010
I usually just read and laugh at what other people on here write. But this time I am actually going to comment. I spent 18 years of my life in Kenton. Born and raised, graduated from the high school with 3.65 GPA(I took all college prep and advanced placement courses), played soccer, was in band and choir and National Honor Society. I was actively involved in 4-H and the Hardin County Fair for years. I now attend Ohio University in Athens, OH and have 3.31 GPA. I am proud of who I am and the town I came from. However, it is these forums on this website that embarrass me and make me happy I got out. However, when I come home for visits to my family and friends, it would be really nice to remember all the good times and still be proud of coming from a small town. Yeah, there isn't a whole lot of things to do in Kenton on any given weekend, but I know for a fact that sitting down in front of a computer for hours on end making childish comments about people who don't deserve to be talked about isn't ideal either.

With that said, I hope you can think twice before you post on here. I would like to one day bring my own children to Kenton for a visit to their grandparents and show them the town I call my home and still be proud to say that.
Positively

Mount Victory, OH

#7 May 25, 2011
Kelsey wrote:
I usually just read and laugh at what other people on here write. But this time I am actually going to comment. I spent 18 years of my life in Kenton. Born and raised, graduated from the high school with 3.65 GPA(I took all college prep and advanced placement courses), played soccer, was in band and choir and National Honor Society. I was actively involved in 4-H and the Hardin County Fair for years. I now attend Ohio University in Athens, OH and have 3.31 GPA. I am proud of who I am and the town I came from. However, it is these forums on this website that embarrass me and make me happy I got out. However, when I come home for visits to my family and friends, it would be really nice to remember all the good times and still be proud of coming from a small town. Yeah, there isn't a whole lot of things to do in Kenton on any given weekend, but I know for a fact that sitting down in front of a computer for hours on end making childish comments about people who don't deserve to be talked about isn't ideal either.
With that said, I hope you can think twice before you post on here. I would like to one day bring my own children to Kenton for a visit to their grandparents and show them the town I call my home and still be proud to say that.
I agree Kelsey. Kenton is a great, small town with excellent teachers, schools and school ratings. It is a great place to raise a family. When you have previously lived in a big city, you realize that there is a lot here to appreciate. People are, for the most part, very kind. It may seem like the "grass is always greener," but it usually isn't. Sometimes you just have to water the grass where you are. Negativity leads to more negativity, and positivity leads to more positivity. I like it here. I want to do my part to support Kenton and people who live here. I wish more people would think about this and do the same. Cherish your good memories, Kelsey. This is a great place!:)
im from here

Kenton, OH

#8 May 25, 2011
the problem with this town is the drugs, and the boredom. #1 place to start is get new authority, new judges, police chief.. etc..if we have good police, we will bust everyone, not just some and not give them a deal that if they wear a wire. they ALL need punished. Next, if we get a judge that will make those serve time instead of money and community service, we will get them out of our town. THEN maybe new business/nightlife will come here and the rest of us can have something to do. There is a plan, too bad it wont ever happen.
iriquopi

Kenton, OH

#9 May 25, 2011
Michael S Beadman wrote:
This town sounds messed up ! I have never read so many forums that bash on so many people in one small town.I am actually proud of the town I live in ,but I don't read to many people that are proud of Kenton,Ohio. I remember back in the late 90's on a late night talk show the host said,"If you want to get away with murder move to Hardin county in Ohio ! " It sounds like this town or county has only got worse with time.
it was ppaul harvey on worldwide radio. and dats a fact.only worse would be a big fat tornado.
intelectual ninja

Columbus, OH

#10 May 25, 2011
there are small towns across the country that make the same claim about paul harvey, david letterman, johnny carson or jay leno.

IT NEVER HAPPENED! Get your facts straight.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php...
eye ball

Kenton, OH

#12 Jan 31, 2012
i remember when Kenton happening place, you could get a good job here, you could go uptown any nite of the week and have a good time. even most of the druggies had jobs back then. now its just full of losers,druggies, hoes, welfare kids, thieves,gheys, rapists ,murderers and a local goverment that dont get it.
Daniel

Cleveland, OH

#13 Jan 31, 2012
i knoW wrote:
this town is full of people who have nothing to do on friday nights so they bash people on her because they are hiding behind a screen and csnt say it in person!!!
*can't
Ibleedbuckeyes

Kenton, OH

#14 Jan 31, 2012
intelectual ninja wrote:
there are small towns across the country that make the same claim about paul harvey, david letterman, johnny carson or jay leno.
IT NEVER HAPPENED! Get your facts straight.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php...
It did happen and THATS a fact. I remember watching and hearing it with my own eyes and ears so ITS A FACT! Get YOUR facts straight there bud.
okay

Brentwood, TN

#15 Jun 27, 2012
Ibleedbuckeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
It did happen and THATS a fact. I remember watching and hearing it with my own eyes and ears so ITS A FACT! Get YOUR facts straight there bud.
It was never said

http://mythandurban101.blogspot.com/
ibleedbuckeyes

Kenton, OH

#16 Jun 27, 2012
Whatever floats your boat. I know it was said so your little research proves nothing. Sorry
okay

Brentwood, TN

#17 Jun 27, 2012
ibleedbuckeyes wrote:
Whatever floats your boat. I know it was said so your little research proves nothing. Sorry
Why not tell that to those who "heard it" from these other cities? There are debates constantly on Topix who "know for a fact" it was said about their town. LOL

Hilarious!
okay

Brentwood, TN

#18 Jun 27, 2012
Here is one ...

"gee he freaking said it I was watching that night he said it he said if you wanna get away with murder move to roane county tn, then he said he would not even freaking fly over roane county. I dont care what transcripts you have. He said it "

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/harriman-tn/T...

LMAO!
i know also

Dearborn, MI

#19 Jun 27, 2012
There are people in the community that try to come up with activities but people that live here choose not to participate. We have a kids fun day coming uo in July, 3 on 3 basketball tournament this Friday in warton park, block watch kick off in August, relay for life in July. the churches have several events coming up, Gene Autry days just happened. All you have to do is open your eyes. There is a lot of good people in the community trying to provide good clean family fun all you have to do is show up,better yet why don't you volunteer some time and help to make this town great again. Every time I go to a new planning meeting no matter what organization it is for it is always the same people trying to make things happen. If you don't get involved then you have no one to blame but yourself for your boredom.
i know also

Dearborn, MI

#20 Jun 27, 2012
Now after reading the post again I see where the problem is. People seem to think that the only way to have fun is to have a new bar in town. We saw how well the people of this town have behaved in the past when we have had night life around here why would they act any different now? We need to focus on keeping families in this town, the youth of Kenton will determine the future of this town. If we don't make it a great place to raise a family we might as well be a ghost town. We need to give kids a reason to return here after they have graduated from college and are ready to settle down.
iriquOOi

Kenton, OH

#21 Jun 28, 2012
it damn sho was said by PAUL HARVEY ON WRLD WIDE RADIO, I WAS WORKING AT DIRTY OLD DUREZ ON MIDNIGHY SHIFT. remember well, that was the night sharon came in there to beg for some money, lmao.all she found was a bone. it wasnt for rockyman. lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lookin 36 min what 1
The End of an Era (KTFB) 1 hr Lol 32
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Dindu Nuffins 30,592
Tattoo 3 hr Brittney 21
Steph Sexton theft at walmart 7 hr J 33
Dunkirk Bar 7 hr curious 16
creepin 9 hr gossip 2
•••
•••
Kenton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kenton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kenton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kenton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kenton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••