TRI-CITY HERALD Promotes Penalized CULT Conventions

Posted in the Kennewick Forum

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK

Akron, OH

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Two weekends ago, the TRI-CITY HERALD republished the late-breaking
Associated Press story that reported that the WATCHTOWER CULT OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES had just become the subject of the LARGEST JURY VERDICT EVER AGAINST A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION in the United States, FOR A SINGLE VICTIM OF CHILD SEX ABUSE.

That AP article reported the June 14, 2012, civil court case which involved a then 9 year-old Jehovah's Witness Girl who had been repeatedly sexually molested by a fellow Jehovah's Witness congregant, and one-time congregation Ministerial Servant, who was known to the organization to have been previously convicted on child molestation charges. However, that fact had been kept a SECRET from the victim, her parents, and other regular members of their local congregation due to the secrecy policies issued from WATCHTOWER CULT Headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

The California civil court jury was so disgusted with WATCHTOWER CULT internal policies that it not only granted a large civil damages award against the Perpetrator, but the jury also granted a $21 MILLION DOLLARS PUNITIVE DAMAGES AWARD -- stacked on top of an approximate $2 MILLION DOLLARS ACTUAL DAMAGES AWARD -- against WATCHTOWER CULT HEADQUARTERS.

Curiously, the merely two-week old link to the TRI-CITY HERALD online version of that article is already dead.

Instead, in the very wake of that recent DISGRACEFUL NEWS about the WATCHTOWER CULT and its internal policies --- that have led critics to call the Watchtower Cult a "pedophile's paradise" --- the TRI-CITY HERALD decided to publish an article PROMOTING the WATCHTOWER CULT's upcoming conventions being held at Kennewick's Toyota Center -- including this upcoming weekend's SPANISH ONLY convention.

While the TRI-CITY HERALD did nothing more than republish the aforementioned AP article reporting that the WATCHTOWER CULT OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES had just become the subject of the LARGEST JURY VERDICT EVER AGAINST A RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION in the United States, FOR A SINGLE VICTIM OF CHILD SEX ABUSE, for this weekend's article PROMOTING that very same organization, the Editors of the TRI-CITY HERALD decided to incur the time and the expense for Reporter LORETTO HULSE to research and write this article PRAISING and PROMOTING the WATCHTOWER CULT.

KRIS WATKINS, President and CEO of the Tri-Cities Visitor and Convention Bureau, is quoted PROMOTING "the Bible-based convention program", and even claims a HIGHLY EXAGGERATED "$9,450,000 in direct visitor spending".

That's a claim of $450.00 spending for every adult and child during each three-day convention, who do little more than drive into town, spend the entire day getting to-at-from the tiring all-day-long convention, and then return to their motel rooms to repeat the cycle. Kris Watkins claims that each on-average lower-middle class family of four spends $1800.00 in Kennewick.

As someone who actually attended such conventions for four decades, and PAID THE EXPENSES, my educated guess is that Kris Watkins is EXAGGERATING her accomplishments by a MERE 300%. My estimate is that each family of four will average spending less than $600.00 on rooming, meals, and gasoline during the weekend. But then, I'm not getting PAID what KRIS WATKINS is getting PAID to make such estimates which reflect on her worth as President and CEO of the Tri-Cities Visitor and Convention Bureau.

All in all, the TRI-CITY HERALD actually provided its readers with a fine lesson in Kennewick morals and ethics -- never allow a story about children molestation to stand in the way of a better story --- and I do mean "story" --- about MONEY.

The TRI-CITY HERALD's corporate owners at The McClatchy Company must be extremely proud of this fine example of "quality journalism".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennewick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
About 100 brains missing from University of Texas Dec 3 Mark Winshel 1
Space station's 3-D printer pops out 1st creation Nov 28 Andarz Abedini 1
9,000-year-old man yields secrets of America's ... Nov '14 Jaimie 2
Five Disgraced Business Owners Who Learned That... Nov '14 Fa-Foxy 45
car Nov '14 CAR SELLER 1
Pirate Bay founder jailed for hacking Danish data Nov '14 jhvhgddsdafg 1
Kennewick Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web