Tattoos, Piercings, and Your Job Prospects

Posted in the Kennett Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Mr It

Springfield, MO

#1 May 30, 2012
Have your various tattoos and piercings improved your job prospects? Have you received a promotion at work as a direct result of your new appearance?
retired

Paragould, AR

#2 May 30, 2012
Mr It wrote:
Have your various tattoos and piercings improved your job prospects? Have you received a promotion at work as a direct result of your new appearance?
I was in charge of hiring for many years and I can tell you that if you want to spend your life cooking hamburgers at McDonalds, just keep marking yourself up and punching holes in your body. Because you will never get a good paying job trying to be too cool.

Kennett, MO

#3 May 30, 2012
I think it's a generational thing. Almost every young person has tattoos and/or piercings and most people are learning to look past those things. It is not a rarity to see someone with tattoos and piercings anymore. It doesn't make them any less qualified for a job and it's a personal preference.
Johnny Ace

Clark, NJ

#4 May 31, 2012
I'll damn sure tell you one thing; it's a good thing that I'm not in a hiring position. I wouldn't hire anyone with a lot of or large tats and body mutilation.
Hugh Hefner

Fairfield, CT

#5 May 31, 2012
If you are a hot chick and have a pierced tongue, after a "thorough" interview I'd probably hire you.
Stupid

Dexter, MO

#6 May 31, 2012
And How many of you have ever seen your doctor or Lawyer without his Coat or long sleeve shirt on??? Tattoo's don't take away from someone qualifications or change the fact that they work damn hard to get to where they are in the ADULT life. And anyone who says any different is about as ignorant as they come
Just Me

Farmington, MO

#7 May 31, 2012
My doctor is Kennett use to be a tattoo artist and he sometime wears short sleve shirts and has TATTOOS all down his arms... Who are yall to judge...
Knowing

Malden, MO

#8 Jun 2, 2012
My doctor has tattoos and proudly shows them off and she is a fantastic doctor...and I proudly have tattoos and a piercing and it doesn't affect my job at all
Jerry Springer

Park Hills, MO

#9 Jun 2, 2012
You cannot convince stupidity...they will continue to mutilate their body with piercings and tats and use one exception to the rule to argue that it makes no difference....but it does.

Cook burgers or work at Casey's.....or get a government check...that is what you have to look forward to if you are tatted up where it cannot be hidden under clothes or if you have piercings all over you face or the gross one's in the ears......but go ahead and believe what you want.
Dumb fXCK

Farmington, MO

#10 Jun 2, 2012
Your the only that probably works at McDonalds... That's why your hiding behind a computer screen.... Tattoos is a symbol of art.. some people hang their art , I wear my art! All my tattoos mean something to me. It's none of your business if people has tattoos or not.. I have my lip, monroe and tounge pierced but that doesnt make anyone a bad person... it's just what you like... this is the 21 century... stop living in the 1800's... & get a life!
Logic

Kennett, MO

#11 Jun 2, 2012
With the current trend I have observed in tatoos in recent months before long everyone applying for jobs will have tatoos.

I'm not a fan of tatoos or the way they look. However, I do believe they are becoming more acceptable / popular in society.
Realistic

Clarkton, MO

#12 Jun 2, 2012
Latitude is more likely to keep someone unemployed than anything. You know like the ones you people have. Ihave squires 13 tattoos in all, so far. I received an education in information technology and I am planning on working toward a masters in computer forensics and white collar crime. I have several reccomendations into this field. I am currently employed and steadily climbing the ladder of success in this area and have recently took up teaching at a local university and have been put in charge of personnel (hiring and firing) and I am only in my lower twenties. I am self made because I came from a poor neighborhood with no backing. I have learned that when dealing with people you will find most with tattoos and peircings usually are more confident in their abilities and more stable in a work atmosphere getting along with coworkers and not stirring up trouble with judgementalism and the so called goodlookers don't usually last long thinking their looks is what makes them a good employee. They are usually stubborn and not likely to change for even their job.
Lionel

Springfield, MO

#13 Jun 3, 2012
Realistic wrote:
Latitude is more likely to keep someone unemployed than anything. You know like the ones you people have. Ihave squires 13 tattoos in all, so far. I received an education in information technology and I am planning on working toward a masters in computer forensics and white collar crime. I have several reccomendations into this field. I am currently employed and steadily climbing the ladder of success in this area and have recently took up teaching at a local university and have been put in charge of personnel (hiring and firing) and I am only in my lower twenties. I am self made because I came from a poor neighborhood with no backing. I have learned that when dealing with people you will find most with tattoos and peircings usually are more confident in their abilities and more stable in a work atmosphere getting along with coworkers and not stirring up trouble with judgementalism and the so called goodlookers don't usually last long thinking their looks is what makes them a good employee. They are usually stubborn and not likely to change for even their job.
LOL -- you didn't apply to work in the English Department, did you?
White Trash

Denver, CO

#14 Jun 3, 2012
Realistic wrote:
You lying sack of shit
White Trash

Denver, CO

#15 Jun 3, 2012
Dumb fXCK wrote:
Your the only that probably works at McDonalds... That's why your hiding behind a computer screen.... Tattoos is a symbol of art.. some people hang their art , I wear my art! All my tattoos mean something to me. It's none of your business if people has tattoos or not.. I have my lip, monroe and tounge pierced but that doesnt make anyone a bad person... it's just what you like... this is the 21 century... stop living in the 1800's... & get a life!
Hows that job delivering pizzas going for you azzhole?
Trace

Springfield, MO

#16 Jun 3, 2012
Tattoos (and piercings) are a sign of self-centeredness and, often, a sign of a lack of self confidence. They are the equivalent of someone yelling "Look at me!".

The tattooed individual is one who doesn't know how to properly express him/herself in polite society but is in desperate need of attention and they are at a point where they don't much care how they get it.

Know this about them and be both patient and kind. That does NOT mean hiring or promoting them, of course. Just listen to the inner screams.
Realistic

Clarkton, MO

#17 Jun 3, 2012
We're not looking fir polite society or English majors and matter of fact I turn them away from working here. We need people who know numbers and muscle to get the job done who are dependable for the Guy next to them and make the day a little easier for each other but we all like the higher pay brackets. Seeya at the company picnic pusses.
Jerry Springer

Park Hills, MO

#18 Jun 4, 2012
Keep kidding yourself. No one said it made you a bad person....just that it will keep you from getting certain jobs.

Realistic.....should call yourself moron instead.
Hugh Hefner

Denver, CO

#19 Jun 4, 2012
Shit for brains is a better term.
Squincy

Springfield, MO

#20 Jun 4, 2012
Mr It wrote:
I ain't got one but I had an ol' gal about a week ago Wednesday that did. She had a tat of a anchor on her left titty and buddy let me tell you, it was a mess. I don't know what she'd been athankin when she got that. I'll tell you what, I'm a titty man but that put me off real bad. She dropped her bra and it was all red around that thang. I reckon it hadn't healed real good or something. She wanted to stickit in my face and I'm usually up to something lak that but I told her I was constipated and not feeling well and I went on home, telling her I'd call. Hell, I ain't calling nobody!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
life alert (Feb '12) 1 hr Leachmark707 7
Mccormicks 1 hr Rex 7
Serious Advice Please 1 hr Christian 5
reward 1 hr fedupwithlazycops 29
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,288
God looks at the heart 3 hr Truth 6
Thanksgiving help!!!! 4 hr Cgurl 6
Kennett Dating
Find my Match

Kennett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kennett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kennett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
NFL Week 13 Picks: Predicting the Winner of All 16 Matchups
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
NFL Predictions Week 13: Early Odds, Picks and Projections for Upcoming Schedule
Bleacher Report11:53 AM
How 49ers Offense Can Overcome Stacked Defensive Boxes
NFL11:58 AM
Chiefs could regret loss to previously winless Raiders
Bleacher Report12:44 PM
Bleacher Report's Week 12 NFL Awards