The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places

Nov 22, 2010 Full story: Gawker 19,243

According to a study of FBI crime statistics by CQ Press, St. Louis , Mo. was the "most dangerous city in the U.S." in 2010, probably due to former St.

Full Story
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8541 Aug 5, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware of that stereotype, but I HAVE heard that Sicilians have excellent hospitality and are very family-oriented
My family absolutely drives me crazy, but when I haven't seen them for a while I feel that emptiness. They would give me the shirt off their back. I got into some sh.t for a little bit and wasn't living right and they completely had my back and helped, all the while giving me a verbal beating and telling me I was fu.king up. I'm pretty sure without my father I would be in the penitentiary. I used to hate him for that, now I love him for it. They don't make them like my pop anymore.

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8542 Aug 5, 2012
Chet Booswahnicki wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell do I have to be grateful for? Blacks never did anything for me and certainly not Jesse Jackson.
You sound like you could be violent. ROTFLMFAO
lol. Really. I bet you like peanut butter with your jelly. I bet you like a beat with your fckn rock n roll, I bet u like air conditioning when its hot.

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8543 Aug 5, 2012
yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mixed then, black and white? You look hispanic, either way those dark eyes and dark hair is exotic, I'm done. Beating a dead horse. Just saying.
Black, white and west Indian.
Ethnic origins of Britain, Guyana, and India.

You're killin me Smalls!(love that movie)
But seriously, compliments make me bashful lol

Venus

#8544 Aug 5, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Right...right...affirm ative action. Don't worry, you can ditch your student loans.....you are expected to. Paying bills is for white people.
Yawning again.

Venus

#8545 Aug 5, 2012
yomama wrote:
And your skin tone, amazing. I'm trying to seriously argue over here and my eyes keep taking me back to that pic, and I am like, damn she is pretty. Ok that's it. Had to say it.
I can't effectively debate with you flattering me and making me a softy!:D

“no”

Location hidden

#8546 Aug 5, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawning again.
lol d@MN girl wake up

Venus

#8547 Aug 5, 2012
Frokeeshy1 wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Really. I bet you like peanut butter with your jelly. I bet you like a beat with your fckn rock n roll, I bet u like air conditioning when its hot.
A black man patented the guitar thus creating the greatest, most legendary guitarist of all time, Jimi Hendrix

“no”

Location hidden

#8548 Aug 5, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
A black man patented the guitar thus creating the greatest, most legendary guitarist of all time, Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendricks is a fckn monster with that guitar

Venus

#8549 Aug 5, 2012
yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
My family absolutely drives me crazy, but when I haven't seen them for a while I feel that emptiness. They would give me the shirt off their back. I got into some sh.t for a little bit and wasn't living right and they completely had my back and helped, all the while giving me a verbal beating and telling me I was fu.king up. I'm pretty sure without my father I would be in the penitentiary. I used to hate him for that, now I love him for it. They don't make them like my pop anymore.
They sound like epitome of what family is supposed to be. And you're lucky to have such an awesome father. Sadly, I think that's what a lot of young black men in the hoodu lack; a good father figure. Then they learn what they've seen and aren't good fathers to their children. A very poisonous cycle.

Kudos to your dad! Italians are awesome. I want to go to Italy lol

“no”

Location hidden

#8550 Aug 5, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Right...right...affirm ative action. Don't worry, you can ditch your student loans.....you are expected to. Paying bills is for white people.
I'm a white/Chippewa man raised in a black family. I can tell u right now that's a very strong statement. Bills is there I don't give a fck if your white or not. Do you realize how ignorant you sound? Black folk cook over an electric stove too!
White Guy

Whittier, CA

#8551 Aug 5, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Lawn mower? Like negroes cut their grass.
Out here the rich ones hire white trash. You looking for a job?

Venus

#8552 Aug 5, 2012
Frokeeshy1 wrote:
<quoted text>Jimi Hendricks is a fckn monster with that guitar
No doubt about it. There will NEVER be another guitarist of his caliber
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8553 Aug 5, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
They sound like epitome of what family is supposed to be. And you're lucky to have such an awesome father. Sadly, I think that's what a lot of young black men in the hoodu lack; a good father figure. Then they learn what they've seen and aren't good fathers to their children. A very poisonous cycle.
Kudos to your dad! Italians are awesome. I want to go to Italy lol
That's what I am saying, the lack of fathers means there are a bunch of testosterone filled young black men, that aren't inherently bad, but have no male guidance to kick them in the ass sometimes. Who knows if it may be white people's fault going back generations by not employing blacks and then reforming welfare for families by giving more to families without a husband, so the husband would leave to get more money for his kids. What I am saying is, while that is terrible, it happened. It may not be your fault, but recognize the cycle and do what you need to, to be a good father and role model. It is the only way a lot of that violence will stop.

“no”

Location hidden

#8554 Aug 5, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
him and Jay z got together on guns n roses back when I was a freshman in high-school, that's still my sht
White Guy

Whittier, CA

#8555 Aug 5, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve Vai. Joe Satriani. Both better.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8556 Aug 6, 2012
White Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve Vai. Joe Satriani. Both better.
Than Jimi? I beg to differ. "Are you experienced", that guitar playing was before its time.
lmao

United States

#8557 Aug 6, 2012
Faith wrote:
Since when could anyone, ditch a gov't backed loan?
lmao

Capitol Heights, MD

#8559 Aug 6, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You spelled "can't" wrong, Jemima. I went to U of M......I had to make it the old fashioned way....no affirmative action matriculation and full tuition.
So basically what you are saying is that for the rest of your pitiful life, you will be working your arse off to pay back on that student loan you borrowed. And that this is the fault if black people!
lmao

Capitol Heights, MD

#8561 Aug 6, 2012
African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.

White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.
lmao

Capitol Heights, MD

#8563 Aug 6, 2012
In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti–African American racism and fears of lawlessness among Southern white voters and appealing to fears of growing federal power in social and economic matters (generally lumped under the concept of states' rights). Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[1] in the late 1960s.[2] The strategy was successful in some regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than ninety percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.[2] In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized for his party's use of the Southern Strategy in the previous century.[3]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 10 hr Not Landrieu 3,355
FBI DUMPS the SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER as a ... 12 hr MARK TRAINA 1
The NFL is having difficulty fielding a TEAM fo... 12 hr MARK TRAINA 7
Official confirms 1 person aboard African ship ... 22 hr issues 1
Malaria confirmed aboard ship 22 hr issues 1
Girl, 14, stabbed at Bonnabel HS - … not to WOR... Sep 10 MARK TRAINA 1
Jury convicts New Orleans man on rape charges i... Aug '14 NAAWP - 2014 1
•••
•••
•••

Kenner Jobs

•••
•••