Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11482 May 18, 2012
I was aware that Bush was following secret service advice.which is why I never called him a coward.But sometimes even a president has to disregard his own safety for the good of the country.but this is simply a minor disagreement.what a person writes shows who they are as assuredly as a fingerprint.some of the finest people i've ever meet have viewpoints different from my own.even though NRH and Texan barely tolerate me I can still appreciate their points of view.I don't disregard what they say.Nor do I think i'm better than someone who spells poorly.My own weakness is grammar which I have been repeatedly called out on.I think you are a great addition to this forum.wish we had twenty more like you Miss Texan.
Miss Texas

United States

#11483 May 18, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
I was aware that Bush was following secret service advice.which is why I never called him a coward.But sometimes even a president has to disregard his own safety for the good of the country.but this is simply a minor disagreement.what a person writes shows who they are as assuredly as a fingerprint.some of the finest people i've ever meet have viewpoints different from my own.even though NRH and Texan barely tolerate me I can still appreciate their points of view.I don't disregard what they say.Nor do I think i'm better than someone who spells poorly.My own weakness is grammar which I have been repeatedly called out on.I think you are a great addition to this forum.wish we had twenty more like you Miss Texan.
Thank you. You are an intelligent poster as well.

I do have to disagree with your statement that sometimes a president has to disregard his own safety for the good of the country. Our presidents safety IS for the good of the country.

Can you imagine the turmoil and fear if our president was harmed by an act of terror instigated by Al Quaida, for instance? The entire world would be in a state of anxiety and fear, not just the United States. There would be rioting in the streets, people would be buying up all the firearms and recklessly using them, the stock market would most likely come close to collapse, and we would probably soon be in World War 111.

If it wpould be that easy to go after the most powerful man in the world, what do you think the rest of us could expect?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#11484 May 18, 2012
Miss Texas our system of government is designed to function even if our president is killed.Kennedy proved that.admittedly the world is far more complex today.your point is well taken.overseas markets would be shaken at the least.we are all more connected today than ever before.
Miss Texas

United States

#11485 May 18, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Miss Texas our system of government is designed to function even if our president is killed.Kennedy proved that.admittedly the world is far more complex today.your point is well taken.overseas markets would be shaken at the least.we are all more connected today than ever before.
It would be complete chaos and close to what is happening in Greece today. There was widespread fear and shock after 9-11 for quite some time.

BTW - you do remember President Bush being whisked away first to Texas ( on 9-11 ) then to Kansas and then he told secret service " I want to go home" meaning the White House, don't you? This was only several hours after the bombing, so he cannot be considered a coward by any stretch of the imagination.

Those were horrible days and we don't want to ever forget it.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#11486 May 18, 2012
Just because i'm not a Bush fan doesn't mean i'm going to lie about him.what do you think about the situation in Kansas regarding abortions and access to contraceptive pills?

A
Green Oil

Hulbert, OK

#11487 May 18, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Green Oil your spelling is terrible.Hard to understand what you are talking about.
Fourteen hours building Grandpa a five wire fence, on my day off. Post hole diggers, wire stretchers, and a post driver, you know, the hard way! So a couple of cold ones, and a trip to the shop later, I misspelled a few things. I can live with that. I do think you understood the post, but I dont think you agree with it.(R) Ron Paul of Texas, hope he runs as third party. Obama, and Romney are bought and payed for!!!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#11488 May 18, 2012
Green Oil wrote:
<quoted text>Fourteen hours building Grandpa a five wire fence, on my day off. Post hole diggers, wire stretchers, and a post driver, you know, the hard way! So a couple of cold ones, and a trip to the shop later, I misspelled a few things. I can live with that. I do think you understood the post, but I dont think you agree with it.(R) Ron Paul of Texas, hope he runs as third party. Obama, and Romney are bought and payed for!!!
yeah I agreed with your post.thanks for the guilt trip.now I really feel like a jerk.I apologize for the remark about your spelling.somebody on another post had already jumped my ass about my grammar but that's no excuse.sorry.
Molon Labe

San Antonio, TX

#11489 May 18, 2012
0bummer smokes crack, and has oral sex with men.
Green Oil

United States

#11490 May 18, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> yeah I agreed with your post.thanks for the guilt trip.now I really feel like a jerk.I apologize for the remark about your spelling.somebody on another post had already jumped my ass about my grammar but that's no excuse.sorry.
All is well! Awsome that we agree on the topic, wish more people would get active about it. I do not understand why more Americans are not supporting (R) Ron Paul from Texas. I feel as if I will be getting the same results whether Obama, or Romney win. I think they should run together, we could call them Obamney!lol

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#11491 May 18, 2012
Green Oil wrote:
<quoted text> All is well! Awsome that we agree on the topic, wish more people would get active about it. I do not understand why more Americans are not supporting (R) Ron Paul from Texas. I feel as if I will be getting the same results whether Obama, or Romney win. I think they should run together, we could call them Obamney!lol
how true!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11492 May 18, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's not normal. Nature isn't predictable. Quit running around like chicken little screaming about the sky falling.
It does not matter how perfectly wrong your understanding is. The climate is changing faster than anyone predicted and the consequences are baked into the cake.

You are an ostrich.

Location hidden

#11493 May 18, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I would vote for a yellow dog before i would vote for Rick Perry. Did you know that the oxygen level in the world sixty million years ago was SUBSTANTIALLY higher than it is today? That the polar regions were not iced in? That the polar regions were in fact warm? Its called CLIMATE CHANGE...
There was also human civilization as it exists today....NOT.

The earth does not care about climate change. Human civilization should but does not. Climate deniers abound along with those who believe in ghosts.

Location hidden

#11494 May 18, 2012
Climate Change deniers.
Green Oil

Hulbert, OK

#11495 May 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Climate Change deniers.
The earth has always had a way of thinning out as*hole species. The as*hole species it is dealing with now is smart. Drastic climate change, HAHA central heat and air. Its going to get way worse before it gets better! Climate change just dont thin the humans out like it used to. If it gets us at all, it will be with diseases!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11496 May 18, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he wasn't active. He got on AF 1 and disappeared, like the POS coward he is.
Then, some time later when he was presented with evidence that OBL was in Tora Bora, the stupid bastard invaded Iraq......
No wonder al-qaeda enjoyed freedom after 9/11.
bin laden escaped tora bora because the afghan militias that we're supposed to block his escape didn't. After that he escaped to Pakistan. I think you need to check your timelines. Tora Bora was long before Iraq.
Don't you think he was doing his job on AF1, just like the president is SUPPOSED to do? Quit accusing him of cowardice when he was doing what he was supposed to do.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#11497 May 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Climate Change deniers.
everything comes to an end Oregon.each and every one of us and civilizations great and small.everything comes to its end.i'm ready.I've been ready for years.i'm 57 I could die anytime.stars, galaxies, it all comes to an end

Location hidden

#11498 May 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter how perfectly wrong your understanding is. The climate is changing faster than anyone predicted and the consequences are baked into the cake.
You are an ostrich.
And you are a lemming who is following the rest and just believing the garbage you hear other idiots saying.

Location hidden

#11499 May 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
There was also human civilization as it exists today....NOT.
The earth does not care about climate change. Human civilization should but does not. Climate deniers abound along with those who believe in ghosts.
you are a confusing idiot. No one denies climate change, just the cause and extent. If you would pick an argument and stick with it, the rest of us would appreciate it.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#11500 May 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Climate Change deniers.
Not too many people are denying that the climate is changing. Most of us just can't see why we should buy into the left wing garbage. Even though the climate may kill us all, some people intend to profit from it, anyway.

Just look at Al Gore making millions of of his book, while the hypocrite has one of the largest energy wasting houses in Tennessee. Speaking of hypocrites, OweBama eggs on the OWS morons to protest the one percent. Poor OweBama is worth over 10 million dollars.

Quit drinking the kool-aid fool and start realizing that we are ruled by
a bunch of corrupt, lying scum that wants to bleed us all dry.
Green Oil

Hulbert, OK

#11501 May 18, 2012
Politicians act like they hate one another on tv and in the papers, but hang out together behind the scenes. They want us to be republican and democrat, that way they get rich while we all get pissed and argue!! We all return from which we were created, the dirt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr Frank Pharts 18,300
Is anyone else fed up with Watauga Texas City C... Mon Larry Driscoll 4
Review: Your MED Urgent Care Clinic Mon David Villanueva 4
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Mon Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
***GARAGE SALE**** Keller/Watagua/Roanoke/Troph... Sep 12 peanutbutters91 1
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
•••

Keller News Video

•••
Keller Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Keller Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••